China's Mao

--
Boots

January 13th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Topic: China's Mao

Mao was responsible for the deaths of 150,000,000 Chinese but yet he was still revered as such a great man, Stalin killed 25,000,000 and he was also worshiped, bush has killed what? 20,000 max? Going by the above formula he should be getting harrassed daily by the news media and the public to step down.

but talking about Mao...en...a interesting character, a brutal tyrant yet a brilliant poet, an economic "moron" yet a great poet, he should be called a "great" man but great in a negative way, the battles he fought showed his talent on battle field, how he became a leader showed his political skill,
he was also an extremely knowledgable person, (probably the first person i ve ever heard read over all 24 dynasties' history (called 24 Histories, a huge huge book, very hard to understand), )
so we cant simply judge someone as bad by seeing how many ppl he killed..
like Caeser, i and many others think he is a great man, yet he killed "1 million" gauls and sell another millinon as slaves (according to his own writing)
am i right?
January 13th, 2005  
Damien435

Deleted.

Seemed pointless to keep it in here, most of what I said didn't apply to this topic and I don't want to post anything off topic.
January 14th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I had to delete a few posts from the "War on American soil" thread to make this topic make sense. Feel free to post about Mao here and not the American Soil thread.
--
Boots
January 15th, 2005  
Sexybeast

still, blaming Mao for everything is just like blaming the war in Iraq all for George Bush,

those incidents are the result of certian political enrivonment in the time
January 15th, 2005  
Chinaman

ok, first of all, mao did not have alot of experience with ruling the largest populated contry in the world, certaintly even a idological mistake could cause fatal deaths

according the most westerns, he ordered deaths and the killing of peasants, while it was certaintly untrue

when he intiated the collective campaign, he did not kno wyet of how it is very inefficient, but in coincidence 1959 drought struck and people starved to death, mao INDIRECTLy killed them is more likely, though he did not wish to.

stalin on the other hand sent his enemies in kulags and killed millions and in his mind thats what he directed his comarde to do

as with politics, mao and other commnist colleagues were afraid of nationlist insurgents in the party, and the deaths related to wrong idealism was also of indirect causes, no body knew that with the order to find insurgents and kill them gave many officials the power to find many many nationlists

as related to 150,000,000, thats bogus, bulls***, max death in my wildest dreams would be 30 million max
January 27th, 2005  
MadeInChina

dont blame mao, compared with bush, maos done more great things than he will ever do

mistakes is part of life, no one is perfect
January 27th, 2005  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
dont blame mao, compared with bush, maos done more great things than he will ever do

mistakes is part of life, no one is perfect
Compared with Bush? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
January 27th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well, compared with bush, maos done way more things in his life and accomplished what a few man can do.

if uve seen farenheit 911, how he gave the * 1 fingered salute* ull see that he doesnt take his job seriously and how can the prez of the most powerful nation on the world be so immature
January 27th, 2005  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
well, compared with bush, maos done way more things in his life and accomplished what a few man can do.

if uve seen farenheit 911, how he gave the * 1 fingered salute* ull see that he doesnt take his job seriously and how can the prez of the most powerful nation on the world be so immature
And if you knew anything about Micheale Moore, Democrats, or Computer Editing you would know that somewhere between 3/4 to all of that movie was digitally edited.

And of course Mao has done more good things than Bush, he had 30 years, Bush has had four, but Mao also f***ed up a lot more than W can ever hope to do.

You are right, Bush does not take his job seriously at all, he just sits back in the White House pool sipping martini's and laughing at all the fools to think he is actually doing something. After all, it was Ashcroft who was running the country the whole time. (that was all laced with heavy sarcasm, didn't think you would pick it up so I told you)
January 27th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA

And if you knew anything about Micheale Moore, Democrats, or Computer Editing you would know that somewhere between 3/4 to all of that movie was digitally edited.

And of course Mao has done more good things than Bush, he had 30 years, Bush has had four, but Mao also f***ed up a lot more than W can ever hope to do.

You are right, Bush does not take his job seriously at all, he just sits back in the White House pool sipping martini's and laughing at all the fools to think he is actually doing something. After all, it was Ashcroft who was running the country the whole time. (that was all laced with heavy sarcasm, didn't think you would pick it up so I told you)

i do know about digital & online editing and no it wasn't. biased (in a way i enjoyed!) but not digitally manipulated