China's Mao - Page 8

--
Boots

February 14th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
Not many of us are old enough to remember WWI, WWII, Korean War, or even VietNam for some of you. I think a lot of information is and has been gleaned by reading other peoples' posts and a comment or opinion is given because it is very hard to read about every iota in every Country's history. We all rely heavily on how others present their subject so you can,t call someone "stupid" for making an honest judgement when given the facts by you. I could throw out a part of the Texas-Indian wars and you may not find much info on it but I would welcome your response if I gave it to the forum for discussion.

AA and Sexybeast, I'm not sure if you know about the difference in calling someone or their statement "stupid", but in the US, it means "foolish". "Dumb" or "dummy" means that they are not informed or they are "ignorant" about something but not a "fool". Just a sidebar of my opinion about how I perceive your grip on the English language, which is probably one of the harder to understand. Please don't take it personal because I find your posts to be very informing.
en....i probably get better mark than u do in english class or in a cross-grade exam...so dont be so confident of ur own english as if u r the best engish speaker in the world....that is called self-righteousness....if u read a famous short story called The Possibility of Evil" by Shirley Jackson, u will understand that better

it is true lots of ppl never experiencing the past because we are too young to experience those things...but we can read lots about those history, read both sides of them, like i ve been reading the story of korean war in the aspect of Chinese and British, and now i try to find one written maybe by North Korean...

well, my point is that some ppl know not much about china in this forum (like saying confucius wrote The romance of three kingdoms, or Mao kills more chinese than china's popluation stuff, or thinking taiwan is a holy democratic state while taiwan actually has real democracy only since 1996 and now there are still "weird" things happening in election all the time, like president got shot by a pistol, although bullet and the wound on his body don't match,details check taiwanese news), i just want them to read more about china before commenting,

however, i also have to point out i make many similiar mistakes too and i will try my best to learn more and do not make the same mistakes as those minority of ppl do..

by the way, i am in canada, and i read News as much and as true as any of u do
February 14th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
Quote:
Not many of us are old enough to remember WWI, WWII, Korean War, or even VietNam for some of you. I think a lot of information is and has been gleaned by reading other peoples' posts and a comment or opinion is given because it is very hard to read about every iota in every Country's history. We all rely heavily on how others present their subject so you can,t call someone "stupid" for making an honest judgement when given the facts by you. I could throw out a part of the Texas-Indian wars and you may not find much info on it but I would welcome your response if I gave it to the forum for discussion.

AA and Sexybeast, I'm not sure if you know about the difference in calling someone or their statement "stupid", but in the US, it means "foolish". "Dumb" or "dummy" means that they are not informed or they are "ignorant" about something but not a "fool". Just a sidebar of my opinion about how I perceive your grip on the English language, which is probably one of the harder to understand. Please don't take it personal because I find your posts to be very informing.
en....i probably get better mark than u do in english class or in a cross-grade exam...so dont be so confident of ur own english as if u r the best engish speaker in the world....that is called self-righteousness....if u read a famous short story called The Possibility of Evil" by Shirley Jackson, u will understand that better

it is true lots of ppl never experiencing the past because we are too young to experience those things...but we can read lots about those history, read both sides of them, like i ve been reading the story of korean war in the aspect of Chinese and British, and now i try to find one written maybe by North Korean...

well, my point is that some ppl know not much about china in this forum (like saying confucius wrote The romance of three kingdoms, or Mao kills more chinese than china's popluation stuff, or thinking taiwan is a holy democratic state while taiwan actually has real democracy only since 1996 and now there are still "weird" things happening in election all the time, like president got shot by a pistol, although bullet and the wound on his body don't match,details check taiwanese news), i just want them to read more about china before commenting,

however, i also have to point out i make many similiar mistakes too and i will try my best to learn more and do not make the same mistakes as those minority of ppl do..

by the way, i am in canada, and i read News as much and as true as any of u do
well my dad is cooler than both your dads....

jeez lighten up on the i'm better than you rhetoric
February 14th, 2005  
Sexybeast

ur dad?
is ur dad a multi ten millionier? if not, sorry dude, he is not cooler than my dad
--
Boots
February 14th, 2005  
A Can of Man

We gotta find a way to take this guy and hold him for ransom
February 14th, 2005  
Charge 7

Roll up your pants - it's too late to save the shoes.
February 14th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
ur dad?
is ur dad a multi ten millionier? if not, sorry dude, he is not cooler than my dad
Oh well, I tried. Here goes.

:P
February 14th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
ur dad?
Yeah ... does anyone actually care if some people are not 100% fluent with typing English? Silly people.

Isn't it pretty easy to predict that somebody who has spoken English all their life is going to do a bit better than someone who learned the language later on in their life and do not speak it as a first language? I have been surprised by how good most members from non-English lands do.

By the way, my Dad can beat up your 3 year old!!
February 14th, 2005  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
ur dad?
Yeah ... does anyone actually care if some people are not 100% fluent with typing English? Silly people.

Isn't it pretty easy to predict that somebody who has spoken English all their life is going to do a bit better than someone who learned the language later on in their life and do not speak it as a first language? I have been surprised by how good most members from non-English lands do.

God, if you are speaking to me, I didn't say one word about fluency in English. I merely pointed out that no one likes to be called stupid. Please show me where I spoke of anyone's English on this board. Besides, English is so easy, even little children here can speak it.

This is totally off the thread. Adios.
February 14th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
This is totally off the thread. Adios.
I quite agree.

My entire point is that one of the legacies of Mao is the inadvertant creation of an elitist class, all based upon Communism (which is supposed to rid the world of elitism).

So long as the Communist Party of China manages to give up power sooner and not later, they will be less likely to become tyranical rulers. Otherwise, bloody revolution is the eventual outcome once they inevitably become more and more corrupt and power hungry.

All of that is Mao's most ironic legacy.
February 14th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
ur dad?

ya....nice dad u got there, beating up ppl is his job right?