China's Mao - Page 5

--
Boots

February 7th, 2005  
MadeInChina

the recovery of relations between china and american is an important one, it allowed china to be reconized as the offocial china on the un, it gave china new status as the united states accepted her, and that china could possiblity have an ally incase the soivet hordes charged into china
February 8th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Mao planted the seeds. Today, we see the fruits.

The fruits of the the Great Leap Forward is mostly a realization of how NOT to do things economically. Also, learning how to better direct such a giant economy in a positive direction comes from bitter experiences of doing it the wrong way.

The fruits of the Cultural Revolution has been regret. So much was lost that may never be recovered. Now the People China have a growing passion for their past and their culture. The fruits of this one are not full yet, but I believe that China will grow more and more passionate about their great cultural history.

The people of China have always been an enormous mass of humanity. Getting them to accept foreign ideas was essential for China to drag itself out of the Dark Ages and into the modern world. Mao played a critical role in getting this done.

The Communist Party of China that Mao created now finds itself in a paradoxical circustance. They are having to undo much of what was done wrong but with such good intentions. Does the word "Communist" still describe them? How long will they remain in control of China? Throughout history, there have been many elitie societies that deemed themselves best fit to rule and reign over their nation and clutch to absolute power over the masses. Most start out with only the best intentions and accomplish many good things, but in the past it has always eventually led to corruption and tyranny within that elite class. The Communist Party of China has become that elite ruling class. Perhaps they believe they have the moral purity to twart such a destiny, but how realistic is that? Their noble cause of absolute equality did not found the society of perfect selfless human beings that it was intended for. As that cause is slowly lost, what great ideal can they cling to for the future? Isn't it strange that they seem destined to evolve into the very antithesis of Communist Idealism - an elite aristocracy.

China is going to be very very intersting to watch.
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast

lol...

most of historians studying china agrees that China has been undergoing sort of cycle all the time.

1. unification under a ruler after overthrowing a pervious dynasty
2. slowly recovering from civil war and becoming super power
3. the peak of power, a strong ruler, surrounding nations bow down heads to chinese ruler
4. start to go down , rulers start to get weak and corrupted
5. fall apart, civil war, farmer riots, waitting for another dude to unite china.
6. cycle repeats again

Mao is just another person who united china and started a new cycle..

china is slowly rising
--
Boots
February 9th, 2005  
MadeInChina

ai, dont like the cycle, why why why?????

shouldve been at the peak and stay there, but then again, it does not work with our nature

businese is the same, the ecnomy goes down an dup all the time in a cycle

so you can say that maybe one day the united states would dimish as a world power
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast

there is no SUn-never-set empire.....U.S will dimish too someday just like other great empires in the history, such as Rome, Persia, Ottoma, and Arabian empire....

but one thing i believe is that the reason causes the peak of power in the cycle of Chinese politic is that the emperor is usually not the best person availble (or maybe i can say the person is not chosen by the ppl), that is why only a few good emperors have been produced and make china into a super power while most emperors are not smart enough to make China super power for a longer time..

i believe that if china can have democracy, or...at least be able to have an intelligent leader all the time........the period of the peak of power in that cycle can be extended much longer
February 9th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Yes I agree with you there. The world works like a cycle... in fact, the cycle, oscillation, is the way of nature. It is simply the way everything works. I think the only thing that is even close to linear, is time itself.
This cycle of uniting and breaking apart has long been known in China... obviously because they've maintained themselves for a very long time.
From chaos you get creation and from creation turns to chaos and so on and so forth.
It's truly fascinating.
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast

actually, do u think we can stop that cycle if leaders are always intelligent and delegent
February 9th, 2005  
A Can of Man

No.
Because that leader will die. And once he's dead, it's beyond his control. This is one of the powerful points of democracy... you practically have an undying executive, and the terms are short enough to make the AVERAGE performance of various leaders count more than simply a single executive... but this system is rather new, so we will have to see what comes of this as well. America's democracy has been successful so far and every day they're adding an extra page in the book known as "Democracy."

All those hundreds and thousands of years of Chinese and Indian wisdom... and the system of the cyclic order of the universe is as relevent today as it was thousands of years ago.
February 9th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
actually, do u think we can stop that cycle if leaders are always intelligent and delegent
Its the same mistaken assumption that the ideal of Communism makes: "People can be trusted to always act for the greater good of the people and not pursue their own selfish interests." Human nature leads us back to the same place as it always has. Where there is power and authority, corruption inevitably follows. Sooner or later, that is going to happen more and more.

Democracy offers an alternative. Corruption will aways exist because of human nature. People look out for their own interests and politicians are no different. Democracy makes those politicians directly answerable to ALL the people. Corruption will exist and politicians will do their best to hide it, but when they are caught the people will find out. They will be removed from power.

The Communist Party of China is going to admit that Democracy is a good idea for China on the same day that Bill Gates gives me $50 billion "because he doesn't need it anymore."

The other aspect of human nature that I find interesting: The vast majority of people really like the idea of having somebody else tell them what to do and how to live so they don't have to figure it out for themselves.
February 9th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
Its the same mistaken assumption that the ideal of Communism makes: "People can be trusted to always act for the greater good of the people and not pursue their own selfish interests." Human nature leads us back to the same place as it always has. Where there is power and authority, corruption inevitably follows. Sooner or later, that is going to happen more and more.

Democracy offers an alternative. Corruption will aways exist because of human nature. People look out for their own interests and politicians are no different. Democracy makes those politicians directly answerable to ALL the people. Corruption will exist and politicians will do their best to hide it, but when they are caught the people will find out. They will be removed from power.

The Communist Party of China is going to admit that Democracy is a good idea for China on the same day that Bill Gates gives me $50 billion "because he doesn't need it anymore."

The other aspect of human nature that I find interesting: The vast majority of people really like the idea of having somebody else tell them what to do and how to live so they don't have to figure it out for themselves.
lol.....i can assure u that in 50 years china will have democracy,
it is just not the right time as 800 million ppl in country side know nothing about democracy and know nothing about how to use demcracy yet......

losing control of china will hurt not only chinese ppl, but also the world..

a slow and gradual chnage is better than a radical and dangerous reforming..