--
Boots

February 6th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Makes a bit more sense that one.
February 6th, 2005  
Sexybeast

that is another reason why ppl chooses Mao rather than nationalist

they think natinalists were being too soft towards japanese...

civiilans wanna eat japanese alive...
February 6th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Quote:
that is another reason why ppl chooses Mao rather than nationalist

they think natinalists were being too soft towards japanese...

civiilans wanna eat japanese alive...

.....oook thennn loll loll......

Well look how much the people liked Mao. He was a strong leader. Also wasn't he the one that made good relations with the United States with President Richard Nixon
--
Boots
February 6th, 2005  
Sexybeast

well..
he sees that soviets will kick his ass if china does not have U.S as friend...
(during that time, china already had a few bloody boarder clashes with Soviets)
February 6th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

.... dude I think Richard Nixon made the first move....
February 6th, 2005  
Ezechiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeard
well i know what u mean, he did great achievements also great disasters. but u got to know he created the communist party and it actually gave the chinese a gd future. as u can see today. it was the communist party made nationalist to unite to fight the japanese.

my great grandparents was a victum in the cultural revolution. it still hurts when i think back what has happened.

it was true that the communist didnt loot or rape. in fact, the captured nationalist soldiers were given money and send them back home during the civil war after 1945. while nationalist draft citizens.
It's not a contribution when Communist hold the power of China. It's Japanese that made China has only one option to choose -- Communism. If Japanese did not invade China in 30's, Nationalist (KMT) could have send China to the advance level nowadays. Remember before Japanese invasion China had a "golden 10 years"!

Mao is also not the founding father of Communism, Cheng Du Xiu is the founding father. Instead of involving Chinese into Korean war that shock the World and American, Vietnam and Indian incident, well treat upon Japanese troops and civilians in China..... those kind of surface job, he never give China any bright way in that 30+ years.

And regarding to sexybeast's comment about Zhou (is it Zhou Eng Lai). I really doubt that ever be a truth like this. Although I never read so much things about Zhou. But many of the older generation praise him and give fully respect to him. Nobody condemm and critic him when he died. He is not a dark man for me.
February 6th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleStrike
.... dude I think Richard Nixon made the first move....
sigh..Mao could reject him, but he chooses to accpet Nixon with great enthusiam...
February 6th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Quote:
sigh..Mao could reject him, but he chooses to accpet Nixon with great enthusiam...
that was my point too lol. miscommunication there.
February 6th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I think Nixon knew that China and Russia were having some relationship problems. Because I remember a story of a spy who gave up that information... apparently something terrible happened to him because he also got caught.
February 6th, 2005  
Sexybeast

it was pretty obvious that Soviets and CHinese were not getting alone well during that time,

first, soviets withdraw all its assitance to china, left most of important industrial and civil facilities unfinished....

second, a bloody boarder clash near Zhenbao island

the tension is so great that Mao was convinced that Soviets will attack china if China does not find U.S as its new friend