Redleg

Gentlemen!

Do I really have to say it??
January 27th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Re: China's Mao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
Mao was responsible for the deaths of 150,000,000 Chinese but yet he was still revered as such a great man, Stalin killed 25,000,000 and he was also worshiped, bush has killed what? 20,000 max? Going by the above formula he should be getting harrassed daily by the news media and the public to step down.

but talking about Mao...en...a interesting character, a brutal tyrant yet a brilliant poet, an economic "moron" yet a great poet, he should be called a "great" man but great in a negative way, the battles he fought showed his talent on battle field, how he became a leader showed his political skill,
he was also an extremely knowledgable person, (probably the first person i ve ever heard read over all 24 dynasties' history (called 24 Histories, a huge huge book, very hard to understand), )
so we cant simply judge someone as bad by seeing how many ppl he killed..
like Caeser, i and many others think he is a great man, yet he killed "1 million" gauls and sell another millinon as slaves (according to his own writing)
am i right?
The comparison to Stalin is useful. Stalin did a lot of good things for the USSR, but also did a lot of bad things. Mao Zedong was brilliant in many ways. The reason that Stalin was publicly crucified by the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, but Mao was not is pretty clear. Every attempt at discreditting Mao failed. Every attempt to diminish his power backfired. Even when he was very old, nobody dared to cross him because so many had failed at the attempt.

When Stalin died, he was still being revered by the Soviet people. This is where the Communist Party (under Kruschev's leadership) turned Stalin's own propaganda machine against his legacy. They pulled no punches in completely destroying him, but stopped short of letting it result in a fall of Communism at that time. The Russian people must have been quite shocked that a godlike figure like Stalin was actually a monster. Because of this transition, everything good that Stalin did for the Soviet Union is forgotten or somebody else is given credit. The Communist Party of the USSR destroyed him. They appear to have decided that Joseph Stalin's crimes outweighed his positive accomplishments, so they focussed the people of the USSR on his evils and took away anything good he might have done if possible.

Exactly the opposite happened to Mao. The Communist Party of China has never decided to actively seek to destroy Mao's legacy. Part of this is probably because he is the equivalent of Lenin and Stalin rolled into one. If you are the member of the Communist Party in China, it would be very unwise to destroy the foundation of Communism in China because if you discredit him thoroughly, your party "came to power as a direct result of a terrible mistake, perpetuated by a complete monster". So you can't play the same card that the USSR did.

Now you can argue all day for or against Chairman Mao. I believe you come to the same conclusion though. Much of his legacy was good, but much was also bad.
January 27th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: oi oi

With out getting my head bite off in mid swing...............what exactly is MAO about/

I never really looked into it and I don't wanna read a load of argument dribble to find out. So can some one please explain as simple as you can lol Thank you

<<< wannabe blonde
--
Boots
January 28th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well, without Mao women in china wouldnt be free, there would be less human rights than today, and china would be divided
January 28th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: ha ha ha ha

Ah right ok I got ya, so its the whole women's lib burning the bra's thing again huh lol
January 28th, 2005  
A Can of Man

You got to give credit where it's due. Communist movements in general were good to women, and it was a huge break from a lot of the near-slave like life they had to follow before.
January 31st, 2005  
MadeInChina

yup, another good thing is how the PLA never looted or raped

it was pretty impressive that a peasant army could stay sober and did not loot, it won the hearts of many and not many people rebelled agnist the commiests afte rthe lib
February 1st, 2005  
Sexybeast

actually according to many ppl who been to communist occupation area before 1949, they say it is very democratic and exciting...they call them "new chinese"..

when they enter the cities they occupied. communist do not loot or rape, they clean up the streets , also they clean up those prosititude and criminals
February 1st, 2005  
MadeInChina

then again, mao's famous gurela tactics are now enriching terrorist minds
February 5th, 2005  
Ezechiel

This is totally a joke! How can Mao killed 150,000,000 ppl in China? After WW II China have 40 Millions ppl and it means that he killed more than a quarter of it! Ur information must be wrong. I believe Stalin kills more generally.

However, I dislike Mao becoz he made China almost economically bankrupt. He is a man of disgrace and full of shame and yet so many mainland Chinese respect him. Zhao Zi Yang and Deng Xiao Ping r the saviour of China, not the MORON Mao.