China WILL rule the world.

China has stolen many of the American weapon secrets, so what ever America has so does China. I think it is a problem that so many people underrated the Chinese rather like every one underrated the Japanese before WW2. As I said before just look at what happened in Korea on the 1950's and then think how much more advanced the the Chinese have become since then.

As Stalin said, "Quantity has a quality all of its own". But the ability to swarm like they did in Korea would, I think, be somewjat negated today.

Unless the Chinks can acheieve aerospace supremacy (doubtful) every massed infantry or tank formation is going to be a target for MOABs, cluster munitions, and anything else that can be launched at them.

China, in short, is a paper tiger, from which we have little to fear – except insofar as we insist on creating an enemy of our own making.

China has stolen many of the American weapon secrets, so what ever America has so does China. I think it is a problem that so many people underrated the Chinese rather like every one underrated the Japanese before WW2. As I said before just look at what happened in Korea on the 1950's and then think how much more advanced the the Chinese have become since then.

Does anyone remember when the USA "Accidentaly" bombed the Chinese embassy in the former Yugoslavia in 1999?
It was just after the F-117 Stealth Fighter was shot down.
Apparently the remains of the F-117 were crated up in the embassy waiting to be shipped back.
Don't know if this is true, but its hard to believe a JDAM "missed".
The Chinese have always been good at copying technology, but it was never known to be as good as the originals.
Their versions of the Mig 17 and 19 were just throw away fighters.
When they reached the very limited extent of their airframe life, about 20 hours, they were binned, and a new one replaced it.

China will no doubt steal the proverbial kitchen sink if it isn't bolted down.

The R&D that goes into creating the technology is just as important as the final outcome itself. Technology tends to be tailor made around a certian set of circumstances and objectives. When they reverse engineer this stuff they are taking it completely out of context and trying to shoehorn it into their bleeding edge 1990s russian infrastructure.

A nation of turn keys on rails. What happens when their plan A fails? Chaos I'd bet. No meat on those bones.

Last edited:
China will no doubt steal the proverbial kitchen sink if it isn't bolted down.

The R&D that goes into creating the technology is just as important as the final outcome itself. Technology tends to be tailor made around a certian set of circumstances and objectives. When they reverse engineer this stuff they are taking it completely out of context and trying to shoehorn it into their bleeding edge 1990s russian infrastructure.

A nation of turn keys on rails. What happens when their plan A fails? Chaos I'd bet. No meat on those bones.

I see a somewhat negated attention to the fact that concepts and force deplyoment in itself will have to be over hauled if China is to succeed in any majore future military endeavours.

We live in a interesting period of warefare, as demostrated by modern miltaries in these past few short decades.

China releazies that 21st century warefare will be a time where smaller, more supported military structures will prove more viable and effective on the battlefied.

The Chinese are "trying" to do more than just get next years model on military hardware, they are starting to show signs of re organizing their defense structures, and downsize their army in particular for the 21st century.

That's right, downsize.

They aren't blind, seeing the results and success of America's military, with it's large logisitical backing, smaller more mobile forces (than China's), supported by rapid and precise delivery of supporting fire power on the battlefield has got alot of Chinese military leaders attention.

Lovely gibberish that hides the fact that US of A has nothing even close to that level of discipline, not even close.

Newscast for you, looking pretty while marching like that conveys more than just rehearsals, thats discipline with a major D.

You can buy equipment with money, you can't buy this sort of mad robot like dedication, quite frankly a US soldier looks like an utter p*ssy by comparison.

As for how China performs? They build cities in the time it takes us to buid houses so i imagine a culture like that breeds an impressive army.

personally i think your full of ****, no sane person would compare militant troops just by how they walk, base it on how they serve, and last i checked the only think china had on the u.s. was how many bodys they threw in front of our guns.

No military that has ever passed inspection has never survived combat...and no military that has ever survived combat has passed inspection.

There's a need for spit and polish to preserve good order and discipline...on the other hand, too much emphasis on it means one is spending valuable time looking pretty while marching, instead of training for war. I'd be much more interested to see how they perform in the field.
No nation can rule the world not in the past not in the future.In 1979 china invaded vietnam to teach them a lesson,the Viets taught them a lesson they ran back to China after only two weeks and they were fighting reservists and garrison troops.The front liners were giving the Kymer Ruge a hiding.So let us not get to despondent.

Funnily enough, I feel that there is a bloody good chance that he is a lot closer to the truth than we would like to admit, although it need not be necessarily achieved by force.

The Chinese are well on their way already, they are fast becoming the world's financial powerhouse, and while we have taken our eye off the ball by concentrating on the Islamic terrorism, they have made great inroads in many developing countries. Some, like the Congo are unbelievably rich in vital "war minerals", chromium, cobalt and other rare earths, they are also serious contenders for favor in a number of oil producing states.

The reaction in this thread reminds me of the way people wrote off the Japanese threat prior to their arrival in WWII. When they made such stupid remarks as, Asians will never be great troops because their eyes preclude them from being able to shoot accurately, they are too short, and suffer from poor nutrition,... and all manner of other rubbish.

It's attitudes like those being displayed here, thinking that our position is unassailable, that could well be our downfall.
I think you are falling into the trap that the chinks want you in." Oh they are so big, have so much discipline live on nothing, we must run and hide"In 79 they invaded Vietnam and got the arses wiped, 1.2 billion so what? makes them easier to find. Stop running off at the mouth about the super chink he is no better than us. He steals his technology,he copies or pays traitors to give him secrets. He is no super soldier, just a soldier.

Yeah, my unit couldn't parade to save our lives. We were too busy training for other stuff.
This is where I must disagree, parades promote discipline and discipline wins wars.e.g. In 1980 the SGT/MAJOR of the U.S. Western Division after seeing my old unit wished that his front line troops could do both.We did both parades and field craft equally well and we were the Regimental Parade Unit of the Australian Army. He also liked the idea of the Australian Sergeants Messes & wished his army had the same.

The PRC is about to hit a very serious wall, when their energy requirements outstrip their resources and access thereto.

That said, COD is very useful at the beginning of military training, where it teaches the first lesson in teamwork many recruits have ever had, and accustoms them to obeying orders.

After that? Show me a unit that parades like that in the field, and I'll show you a dead unit. Just because someone wishes their unit looked as good as "Unit X" does on parade, that does not equate to "Unit X" being able to function under fire.

If precision on parade were the determining factor for troops on the battlefield, Argentina would be a superpower.

Being able to march pretty is not a pre-requisite to being successfull on the battlefield. Discipline alone will not win battles.

Having operational sense and flexibility are far more useful. Something the Chinese lack. Is a Chinese junior NCO or private encouraged to carry on the mission if they are the only ones left? Could they carry on the mission with only the commanders intent in mind? Would they even know what commanders intent was? They still employ human wave battalions where they send unarmed soldiers forward to soak up our bullets. That may have worked in Korea, but it would be incredibly stupid in todays modern battlefield.

This doesn't even include the fact they have absolutely no projection capability whatsoever. They could be blockaded into oblivion. Their Air Force would be destroyed in a matter of days. And half of their own population, at the least, resents their presence...

Regardless, they have a helluva long way to go before their supposed "world domination"

This is where I must disagree, parades promote discipline and discipline wins wars.e.g. In 1980 the SGT/MAJOR of the U.S. Western Division after seeing my old unit wished that his front line troops could do both.We did both parades and field craft equally well and we were the Regimental Parade Unit of the Australian Army. He also liked the idea of the Australian Sergeants Messes & wished his army had the same.

We had discipline, we just didn't practice pretty parade stuff.
And `Chink` is not an appropriate word.

China faces a primarily military problem. China depends on the high seas to survive. The configuration of the South China Sea and the East China Sea render China relatively easy to blockade. The East China Sea is enclosed on a line from Korea to Japan to Taiwan, with a string of islands between Japan and Taiwan. The South China Sea is even more enclosed on a line from Taiwan to the Philippines, and from Indonesia to Singapore. Beijing's single greatest strategic concern is that the United States would impose a blockade on China, not by positioning its 7th Fleet inside the two island barriers but outside them. From there, the United States could compel China to send its naval forces far away from the mainland to force an opening, and encounter U.S. warships, and still be able to close off China's exits.

That China does not have a navy capable of challenging the United States compounds the problem. China is still in the process of completing its first aircraft carrier; indeed, its navy is insufficient in size and quality to challenge the United States. But naval hardware is not China's greatest challenge. The United States commissioned its first aircraft carrier in 1922 and has been refining both carrier aviation and battle group tactics ever since. Developing admirals and staffs capable of commanding carrier battle groups takes generations. Since the Chinese have never had a carrier battle group in the first place, they have never had an admiral commanding a carrier battle group.

China understands this problem and has chosen a different strategy to deter a U.S. naval blockade: anti-ship missiles capable of engaging and perhaps penetrating U.S. carrier defensive systems, along with a substantial submarine presence. The United States has no desire to engage the Chinese at all, but were this to change, the Chinese response would be fraught with difficulty.

While China has a robust land-based missile system, a land-based missile system is inherently vulnerable to strikes by cruise missiles, aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicles currently in development and other types of attack. China's ability to fight a sustained battle is limited. Moreover, a missile strategy works only with an effective reconnaissance capability. You cannot destroy a ship if you do not know where it is. This in turn necessitates space-based systems able to identify U.S. ships and a tightly integrated fire-control system. That raises the question of whether the United States has an anti-satellite capability. We would assume that it does, and if the United States used it, it would leave China blind.

It is important to bear in mind that since the Communists took power, China has undertaken offensive military operations infrequently, and to undesirable results. Its invasion of Tibet was successful, but it was met with minimal effective resistance. Its intervention in Korea did achieve a stalemate but at horrendous cost to the Chinese, who endured the losses but became very cautious in the future. In 1979, China attacked Vietnam but suffered a significant defeat. China has managed to project an image of itself as a competent military force, but in reality it has had little experience in force projection, and that experience has not been pleasant.

You aren't seeing the full picture. If China is blockaded, the economy of the entire world will be destroyed. China knows this. It has prevented the blockade of its country without the need of warships. This is classic Sun Tsu Art of War.

You aren't seeing the full picture. If China is blockaded, the economy of the entire world will be destroyed. China knows this. It has prevented the blockade of its country without the need of warships. This is classic Sun Tsu Art of War.

If China is blockaded then new factories will arise in other countries. The only loser will be China. In fact more and more companies are already looking to leave China or stay only for domestic sales.

although the chinese may have a HUGE army, what about there air force. any nation that dosn`t have a decent air force will never stand a chance in modern conflict. even with its nukes some of its closest neighbours have nukes to, (India, North Korea, Russia, Pakistan) so while on paper they are good, they arn`t, what army isnt good on paper??

Back