China WILL rule the world.

Japan dominated the world economy with minimal military spending (defensive in nature), because it didn't intend to start a war.
In contrast, Hitler did not mass produce vegetable oils, VWs, Mercedes, railroad engines, freighters or Condors in order to export them and grow economically (like Schacht, his economist wanted), but put his money on thousands of planes, tanks, the Bismarck, expensive synthetic fuel, etc, and attacked Europe in a few years.
China is both exporting unprecedented amounts of goods (like Japan did) and using much of its income to grow militarily (like Hitler did, but at a slower pace). No country that is not threatened would be foolish enough to spend fortunes expanding and modernizing rapidly its military for offensive operations if it does not intend to use it.

China is upgrading it's miltary. It is now chosing for quality instead of quantity. A lot of their military stuff is still outdated. It is quite normal for a country that gets rich to augment their miltary and they desperately need a bigger and better armed navy to protect their supply lines. Nothing wrong with that.

Germany, Italy, Japan, and the USSR were just upgrading their obsolete military in 1938, both claiming for defensive requirements. Nothing wrong with that. Until Germany and the USSR invaded Poland and then the USSR invaded Finland, Lithuania, Bessarabia, etc, for defensive purposes, nothing wrong with that.
Unfortunately, the allies got tired of playing along with Hitler when it was too late, nothing wrong with that.

Iran and North Korea are just updating their military and their nuclear arsenals, nothing worng with that either, they're cool people and Chinese allies.

Sadam Hussein was updating his military supposedly to defend himself from Iran, nothing wrong with that, until he invaded Kuwait and threatened Arabia. Does it take a lot of insight to conclude that people who are not threatened and spend excessively in weapons probably intend to use them?

Last edited:
Super Powers come and go, and these days they dont last as long as they used to. Now China is on the rise and who will then follow China and push it of the perch.

No country can rule in today's multi polar world. China is flexing its muscle and certainly not as defensive mechanism.like their claim to south china sea which is strongly and unitedly opposed by the countries smaller than china in every aspect.

I am not an expert on the 1979 armed conflict between China and Vietnam, however I understand that the Chinese numbers were impressive but they were weak on the battle-field thus feeding the impression that they're good on massive long parades and spit & polish, but less skilled and disciplined in combat.

A lot of their warships have fake technology bolted to their ships to give the impression they have similar radar, etc, but it's all show. This is not to say they won't have good technology in the future, but China, like Nth Korea, is all show (for now anyway).

The Chinese army is neglected by the PRC. Most of it is only suitable for internal security operations. oh and yes, parades :mrgreen:

and this (v) pretty much sums up my opinion on china's superpower credentials...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG225dz89TY&feature=related"]Is China the next superpower? - YouTube[/ame]

In the lead up to the fighting in the first Gulf War, there was much said about the size of the Iraqi Army and especially the Republican Guard.
If I remember rightly, all they did well was run away or surrender.

If u ask me i'd say china already rules the world....theirs hardly a house on earth without chinese products in it....they have the greats manpower on earth and logically the largest military power....the 2nd strongest economy but the 1st in terms of growing up ( acceleration of growth )...its army isnt like shitty armies which are based only on great man power but no good equipment/ low efficency nor small manpower with good equipment/high efficency but it has BOTH........in terms of science they are great...i don't think that theirs a field of science which the chinese aren't good at.....and in terms of political power they've got the VETO as well as Nuclear weaponry ( yes i said nuclear weaponry...it represents political power coz any country that thinks of attacking china must think 2wice because of the nukes )

I wouldn't get to excited about the Chinese military, we see the same thing with Russia every couple of years they roll out a new piece of hardware that is described as the greatest thing since sliced bread and 6 months later it is a smouldering ruin on a 3rd world battlefield because some despotic nut job actually believed the advertisement.

We might all have Chinese products in our houses but I doubt there are too many that would describe those products as "top quality" in fact I would suggest most of us would describe them as "cheap throw away rubbish".

Last edited:
I wouldn't get to excited about the Chinese military, we see the same thing with Russia every couple of years they roll out a new piece of hardware that is described as the greatest thing since sliced bread and 6 months later it is a smouldering ruin on a 3rd world battlefield because some despotic nut job actually believed the advertisement.

We might all have Chinese products in our houses but I doubt there are too many that would describe those products as "top quality" in fact I would suggest most of us would describe them as "cheap throw away rubbish".
1st i agree that most of chinese products are rubbish but think of it that way...millions of people on earth cant afford anything but that rubbish so they still control the world's economy and about the military power i disagree...a country of the size of china and its military strength ( which is good just maybe not as good as the US but still good ) can basically fight a war aganist any country and win it....besides the russian economy during the cold war and even currently isnt good and when economy isnt good military progress wont be great either but chinese economy is TOUGH and no1 can disagree with that...so i'd say their military power is tough too...anyway we havent seen the chinese army in action anytime recently...so when they somehow fight a country we'll see for ourselves

What are you talking about? without going nuclear China would struggle to defeat anyone. At all, period. Even the countries that china shares a border with.

China has an extremely limited capacity to project force.

Last edited:
1st i agree that most of chinese products are rubbish but think of it that way...millions of people on earth cant afford anything but that rubbish so they still control the world's economy and about the military power i disagree...a country of the size of china and its military strength ( which is good just maybe not as good as the US but still good ) can basically fight a war aganist any country and win it....besides the russian economy during the cold war and even currently isnt good and when economy isnt good military progress wont be great either but chinese economy is TOUGH and no1 can disagree with that...so i'd say their military power is tough too...anyway we havent seen the chinese army in action anytime recently...so when they somehow fight a country we'll see for ourselves

those millions of people do not depend on China but China depends on those millions of people.

During the war in Korea the Chinese army was not that well equipped, but it fought well and caused the UN force a lot of problems. I for one just missed that war thank goodness, but the casualties to the allies were not counted per day in double figures but whole battalions went missing when they were over run by sheer numbers.

Don't misunderstand me I am not saying the Chinese are not well trained nor am I saying they arent dedicated soldiers what I am saying is that it is not a country with the quality infrastructure (Both industrial and in a logistical sense) that is required to dominate the world militarily.

Basically you cannot project power when you do not have the capacity to support a force of any size away from your borders and manufacturing facilities and if you can not project power across the world then you are not a world power.

China has stolen many of the American weapon secrets, so what ever America has so does China. I think it is a problem that so many people underrated the Chinese rather like every one underrated the Japanese before WW2. As I said before just look at what happened in Korea on the 1950's and then think how much more advanced the the Chinese have become since then.

One word. Tibet.

They're still giving the PLA a hard time. Says it all. :bravo:

Back