China WILL rule the world.

Read it more carefully. I said they probably won't be launching their military to conquer anything, but they might use it to divert attention overseas if they have domestic unrest which may spark off a full scale rebellion.
You have to understand the history between the China and Japan to get this. The Chinese government is probably the one force in China that is preventing it from using its new found power to "get back" at its neighbors. The public aren't so forgiving. So if it came down to the public being angry at the government and not in a small way, the Chinese government may in fact divert their attention elsewhere by starting something with Japan.

I've played rugby against a team from the PLA's Special Forces Officer Training School in GuangZhou and I can personally attest to the fact these jokers can't take a hit, don't like violence and cry like little girls when their toes get smashed in a scrum.

I wouldn't be too worried about their military, they still follow Grant's old fighting ways from the Wilderness Campaign.

However, they will rule the world but it has everything to do with economics.

Sorry if I've ventured off topic.

I don't think Chine would want to start a war but will wield a hell of a lot of economical power to get it's own way. It has taken them a while to work this out and now that they have the world knocking on their door for loans and business they will use it to get what they want

The replies to this thread constitute fear and deelply ingrained racism, the yellow man could never do that, China is a clay legged giant etc.

The truth is these marches show a powerfull disciplined society that puts Nazi Germany in the corner, while Europe and USA are weak by comparison and it pisses them off, even on this forum.

I'm sorry Monty but the Korean march has nothing on what Chinese did, i can see the analogy but it proves my point in that China outperformes not only all asian nations but all nations on this earth.

deleted......

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest enemy of China is called "democracy". I think China will fall appart before it will become the No1 economic power.
Another disadvantage of China is that they can't protect their supply lines. Allmost all imports must pass hostile territory and they don't have a powerfull navy.
About the discipline. The Germans were very good at that as were the Japanese. Both lost the war. The English Redcoats were very disciplined but lost the war against American rebels. The Roman soldiers were very disciplined but were beaten by the Frankish tribes.

China will NOT rule the world.

China's transition into global power-hood means we should all start learning Mandarin.

Or so the mainstream media would have us believe. Look deeper and you'll see that this Asian giant is reaching a point of crisis. China's economic model prioritizes flow-through of money, or growth above profit. Like a Ponzi scheme, it's exactly the kind of model that breaks down rapidly under crisis. With the global economic downturn, upcoming 2012 leadership changes, and the constant threat of social unrest (heightened by public tragedies such as the recent Shanghai train crash) – China spreads its wealth abroad and overspends at home, so how long until this unbridled spending catches up to it?

China is facing some real challenges.

As a soldier i'm in f*cking awe, i'm just glad i live in Poland not in Russia or USA, facing a conflict with a nation that has such discipline is just not funny at all.

hmmmmm interisting. an american saying that a country other then the us will rule the world. usa has highly disiplined combat troops that are battle hardened (mostly) china has 300 million illiterate conscripts. i know who im backing...

I'm not worried about China at all. I've been there several times and am actually moving there long term to teach English. China has some issues that have the potential to be so insanely damaging it's not even funny. Gender imbalance (25 million more men than women), aging workforce (260 million over age 65 within 25 years), pollution, irreparable environmental damage like desertification, housing bubble that dwarfs America's (65 million empty homes), social unrest (180,000 protests in 2010), rampant government corruption, increasing regional isolation as neighboring countries align themselves with the US, no social safety net, increasing gap between rich and poor, food shortages, water shortages, and of course overpopulation. I think China will fall much faster than it rose and will be supplanted by India. India's population is already expected to eclipse China's by 2030 or so and as more workers retire from Chinese factories, India's youthful population will turn the country into the new factory of the world. And then the mainstream media will use India as the boogeyman to keep Americans in fear.

As far as China's military goes, yeah, it's really big. But people seem to forget that China is surrounded by a lot of not so friendly countries. So most of the soldiers are guarding the borders and assist with disaster response. That being said, they have some interesting new technology, like the carrier killer missile, which has momentarily check-mated the US but I seriously doubt any conflict will break out between them. China's prosperity is based around being good at business. And war would be very bad for business and China's economic growth is the only thing keeping the CCP legitimate. No more growth and they'll have trouble justifying a one party system to the people.

So don't worry about it fellas. China may talk the talk but the chances of it walking the walk are pretty slim.

Hi Panzercracker,

Parade is a very integral part of Asian Armies, I would not try to read much out of it, :D Just enjoy them . Huge armies, way to keep the citizen moral up, show of strength etc etc

Just sit back and relax and enjoy them.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8XOsIB3a2I&feature=related"]Soldiers Marching on Republic Day, India - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVPpcU2-Aas"]Tv9 - Republic day Parade in Delhi - Part 7 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5pnWI-7L7c"]Tv9 - Republic day Parade in Delhi - Part 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The only way China will rule the world is if they buy it. Their economy is growing so fast that they can't control it. As the Soviet Union has shown,Communism is only good for bankrupting countries. China is closer to capitalism than they ever were. Their biggest problem now, is their own citizens want a bigger share of the money.
They don't want to fight us. We are their biggest customer. We owe them several trillion dollars to boot. If they start something,we just embargo everything from there(sorry WalMart). We also tell them that all debts are off. You Lose!

Wheel goes round and round, at one time it took a few hundred years for things to change now you can watch it change in ones life time.

Wheel goes round and round, at one time it took a few hundred years for things to change now you can watch it change in ones life time.

What makes me wonder, what do the Chinese want in return?

The gold and diamond companies are privately owned, which gives reason as to why the ANC want to Nationalize the gold mines and the diamond companies. That is possibly why the Chinese are interested.

I suspect that the Chinese invested heavily in Malta after the British left, to gain a foothold in the Mediterranean Sea.

They don't want to fight us. We are their biggest customer. We owe them several trillion dollars to boot. If they start something,we just embargo everything from there(sorry WalMart). We also tell them that all debts are off. You Lose!
The US is a debtor nation, China wins. The Chinese are the single largest holder of American debt, they can bankrupt the US while it sleeps. The US did it to the UK in 1953, read up on it. It took the UK 30 years to recover (and then Thatcher screwed her own country).

Read much about post war inflation in losing countries? THAT is the scenario the US faces bru.

China has the single largest slush fund of foreign currency to invest wherever they want. They are buying countries, buying companies, getting their enemies in debt to them. They have 1.3 billion people and dont believe all the bs the American media spew about how poor they all are. I have lived here for a decade and I can tell you once again the media and journalists are full of sh!te. C'mon, your profile says you've been there done that so you know the journos don't tell the truth. Why believe them now? The Chinese have 1 billion more consumers than there are men, women and children in the US, who incidentally have the highest rate of personal debt in the modern world, so they don't need the US, its the other way around.

I aint saying I like it. I don't. But you need to face reality. The US is a has been and China is the future.

Last edited:
How old are you? The US is a debtor nation, China wins. They are the single largest holder of American debt, they can bankrupt the US while it sleeps. The US did it to the UK in 1953, read up on it. It took the UK 30 years to recover (and then Thatcher screwed her own country).

Read much about post war inflation in losing countries? THAT is the scenario the US faces bru.

China has the single largest slush fund of foreign currency to invest wherever they want. They are buying countries, buying companies, getting their enemies in debt to them. They have 1.3 billion people and dont believe all the bs the American media spew about how poor they all are. I have lived here for a decade and I can tell you they are full of sh!te. They have 1 billion more consumers than there are men, women and children in the US, who incidentally have the highest rate of personal debt in the modern world.

An education and some perspective might be in order.

I aint saying I like it. I don't. But you need to face reality. The US is a has been and China is the future.

Correction : China is the single largest holder of foreign US debt. China owns 16% of the total US debt (US public has 68%). China isn't that strong (yet) in terms of economy. GDP is $5.9 trillion in 2010 The US and his allies, who certainly would come to the rescue, have $40,6 trillion. ($4 trillion of India not included). A trade war would be desastrous for the world, but China would be the biggest loser. China does have the potential to become the new superpower of the world, but for the moment it has to many weak spots. Also, do not forget the massive debt the Chinese local-government entities have.

In a world where the United States and China suddenly for whatever purpose or design attempt to out match each other via economic means would as mentined here before be of dire consequence.

China and the United States are very very co dependent on each other via means of debt allocation and banking of each others currency, and that does not even begin to scratch material value of goods and products that China has sitting in ports and distrubution centers across the U.S.

Both countries have the potential to ruin finacially one another, but at this point in time, China I honestly believe does not have the capability to survive while holding it's current aspirations without the revenue and business the U.S. is willing to provide for them.

And both adversaries would be left in very similar economiclly depressed states.

Eurozone Debt Crisis Reveals China's Economic Weakness

The Chinese continue to watch the way in which the Europeans are trying to deal with their financial and political crisis right now. For China this is particularly important. Number one, Europe has become China’s largest export market and that has a major impact, of course, on the way in which the Chinese operate their economy. Number two is that a continued or an even deeper crisis in Europe could pull the entire global economy into recession.

Chinese exports to Europe and to much of the rest of the world saw a particularly sharp drop in 2009. This was something that the Chinese government had to rush to stabilize — they counteracted that dip in exports with a huge increase in domestic investment. The Chinese had hoped, during that time, that the Europeans would simply build themselves back up, pull themselves out of this particular crisis and that China would be able to continue with its fairly rapid expansion of exports to Europe to keep its economy chugging along as China headed towards its 2012 leadership transition.

Although Chinese exports to Europe picked up a little bit in 2010, the rate of growth that the Chinese had been seeing in the previous four or five years slowed down quite a bit. The problem for China is that as the pace of export growth slows, the pace of import growth doesn’t. The Chinese still need a very large amount of commodities. They’re importing these commodities, not only to feed their export market, but to feed all of this new domestic investment. And that means that while the Chinese may not be making as much selling, they are having to buy still a very high market prices to be able to develop internally.

The European crisis, and really the slowdown in the United States as well, has brought home to the Chinese something that they already knew but they had hoped to be postponing — and that is the need to fundamentally restructure their economy. The Chinese base their economy very similar on what we’ve seen in other Asian economies; it was an economy that needed continuous growth. Continuous growth in exports, more money, more money every year and that would allow the Chinese simply to borrow, to supply employment, to not have to worry about things like profits, but rather find some ways to funnel money down into the population.

If we look at the Chinese then we see that there’s maybe 300 million people who are part of the really economically active part of China. However, that leaves out more than a billion people from being part of this Chinese economic growth, this Chinese economic activity. Historically, it’s not from the coastal areas, it’s not from the wealthy areas that trouble comes in China. It’s from the rural areas, it’s from the people who are poor, it’s from the people who aren’t connected to this economic system.

One of the solutions the Chinese have tried to follow is urbanization: the idea that if they build it, people will come and if people move to the cities they will suddenly have jobs and in having jobs in the cities and living in a city, they’re going to become consumers. And certainly this is not for the entire billion of the population that’s not active, but maybe another hundred million, 200 million, 300 million. And that would help to better distribute wealth throughout China; it would also ease China off from their heavy dependence upon exports.

This boom in urbanization coincided with this government need to spend a lot more on domestic investment. It also fell right inside of what was already building as a speculative bubble in real estate investment. And that investment was coming not only from the coastal populations in China — the ones who are trying to find ways to save for the future and therefore invest in real estate — but also from businesses, from SOEs, who are buying real estate watching prices go up and then betting against that real estate, or investing or taking out loans against that real estate, to be able to continue to operate their businesses.

So we have a China that’s facing a real estate bubble in an attempt to build a new urbanized society, but the individuals who would be moving into that urbanized society can’t afford to move in because of the price rise in housing. The government is trying to find ways to slow down that rise in price, but if they move too quickly it can undermine the collateral for the loans from state-owned enterprises, it can pull away the nest egg from their middle class and that can cause a very rapid backlash against the central government.

For China then, what this European crisis has done is it has brought something that they’ve known for a long time right up into the front. They no longer have the ability, it seems, to simply keep pushing back economic change and perhaps even not the ability push back political change in the country because the European crisis has ended their ability to count on this continuous rise in exports.

The Chinese continue to watch the way in which the Europeans are trying to deal with their financial and political crisis right now. For China this is particularly important. Number one, Europe has become China’s largest export market and that has a major impact, of course, on the way in which the Chinese operate their economy. Number two is that a continued or an even deeper crisis in Europe could pull the entire global economy into recession.

Chinese exports to Europe and to much of the rest of the world saw a particularly sharp drop in 2009. This was something that the Chinese government had to rush to stabilize — they counteracted that dip in exports with a huge increase in domestic investment. The Chinese had hoped, during that time, that the Europeans would simply build themselves back up, pull themselves out of this particular crisis and that China would be able to continue with its fairly rapid expansion of exports to Europe to keep its economy chugging along as China headed towards its 2012 leadership transition.

Although Chinese exports to Europe picked up a little bit in 2010, the rate of growth that the Chinese had been seeing in the previous four or five years slowed down quite a bit. The problem for China is that as the pace of export growth slows, the pace of import growth doesn’t. The Chinese still need a very large amount of commodities. They’re importing these commodities, not only to feed their export market, but to feed all of this new domestic investment. And that means that while the Chinese may not be making as much selling, they are having to buy still a very high market prices to be able to develop internally.

The European crisis, and really the slowdown in the United States as well, has brought home to the Chinese something that they already knew but they had hoped to be postponing — and that is the need to fundamentally restructure their economy. The Chinese base their economy very similar on what we’ve seen in other Asian economies; it was an economy that needed continuous growth. Continuous growth in exports, more money, more money every year and that would allow the Chinese simply to borrow, to supply employment, to not have to worry about things like profits, but rather find some ways to funnel money down into the population.

If we look at the Chinese then we see that there’s maybe 300 million people who are part of the really economically active part of China. However, that leaves out more than a billion people from being part of this Chinese economic growth, this Chinese economic activity. Historically, it’s not from the coastal areas, it’s not from the wealthy areas that trouble comes in China. It’s from the rural areas, it’s from the people who are poor, it’s from the people who aren’t connected to this economic system.

One of the solutions the Chinese have tried to follow is urbanization: the idea that if they build it, people will come and if people move to the cities they will suddenly have jobs and in having jobs in the cities and living in a city, they’re going to become consumers. And certainly this is not for the entire billion of the population that’s not active, but maybe another hundred million, 200 million, 300 million. And that would help to better distribute wealth throughout China; it would also ease China off from their heavy dependence upon exports.

This boom in urbanization coincided with this government need to spend a lot more on domestic investment. It also fell right inside of what was already building as a speculative bubble in real estate investment. And that investment was coming not only from the coastal populations in China — the ones who are trying to find ways to save for the future and therefore invest in real estate — but also from businesses, from SOEs, who are buying real estate watching prices go up and then betting against that real estate, or investing or taking out loans against that real estate, to be able to continue to operate their businesses.

So we have a China that’s facing a real estate bubble in an attempt to build a new urbanized society, but the individuals who would be moving into that urbanized society can’t afford to move in because of the price rise in housing. The government is trying to find ways to slow down that rise in price, but if they move too quickly it can undermine the collateral for the loans from state-owned enterprises, it can pull away the nest egg from their middle class and that can cause a very rapid backlash against the central government.

For China then, what this European crisis has done is it has brought something that they’ve known for a long time right up into the front. They no longer have the ability, it seems, to simply keep pushing back economic change and perhaps even not the ability push back political change in the country because the European crisis has ended their ability to count on this continuous rise in exports.

I think the fleeing (or trying to) of wealthy Chinese proofs your point.

Japan dominated the world economy with minimal military spending (defensive in nature), because it didn't intend to start a war.
In contrast, Hitler did not mass produce vegetable oils, VWs, Mercedes, railroad engines, freighters or Condors in order to export them and grow economically (like Schacht, his economist wanted), but put his money on thousands of planes, tanks, the Bismarck, expensive synthetic fuel, etc, and attacked Europe in a few years.
China is both exporting unprecedented amounts of goods (like Japan did) and using much of its income to grow militarily (like Hitler did, but at a slower pace). No country that is not threatened would be foolish enough to spend fortunes expanding and modernizing rapidly its military for offensive operations if it does not intend to use it.

Last edited:
Back