China, Taiwan should resume talks

If China was serious about "peaceful negotiations," they should stop pointing missiles at Taiwan. If I were Taiwan, I'd start buying more AEGIS-equipped destroyers...

ASTRALdragon said:
If China was serious about "peaceful negotiations," they should stop pointing missiles at Taiwan. If I were Taiwan, I'd start buying more AEGIS-equipped destroyers...

we dare not tempt them with weakness . for only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond that they will never be employed.
---------------words by JOHN KENNEDY ,his inaugural adress

If China wants to negotiate with Taiwan seriously, they should withdraw the anti-national division method.

Hes saying that as long as red-china beleives in one-china then there will be no negotiations.

we dare not tempt them with weakness . for only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond that they will never be employed.

Cause Taiwan is arming up and prepareing an invasion of China.

Last edited:
ASTRALdragon said:

if chinese communist part realy do that kind of thing, can u promise china will get unified, i dont care who will be in power.
please follow the logic, at 80th, there is no missile aimed at taiwan, it was after 1996, the taiwan president claimed taiwan is a country that forced communist gorvement prepare for non-peace unification.

dont take the result as a cause, ok?

at 80th, there is no missile aimed at taiwan, it was after 1996,
I could be completely off the wall about this, but did China even have cruise missiles in the 80s.

Chinas nukes are probally pointed at US,Taiwan,Japan and India

China has never seen Taiwan as a threat. BUT were Taiwan to declare independance it would be a tremendous loss of face and a complete erosion of the current governments raison d etre as it has proclaimed to the people for the past 20 odd years. The CCP's claim to legitimacy has been in unification of all lands China ie the reclamation of Tibet, Inner Mongolia, Taiwan et al. Just for those in the know, the Korean Pennisula is on that list too.

So back to the point the missiles etc pointed at Taiwan are an attempt to force them to negotiate reconcilliation at gun point.

Rabs said:
I could be completely off the wall about this, but did China even have cruise missiles in the 80s.

Chinas nukes are probally pointed at US,Taiwan,Japan and India

well, you are right, there is no cruise missle in china around 80s, but what i want to say is that china really were not planning to attack taiwan in that time

No, the PRC just didn't have the means to attack Taiwan at the time. They still wanted to take Taiwan back.

zhjsg said:
well, you are right, there is no cruise missle in china around 80s, but what i want to say is that china really were not planning to attack taiwan in that time
This statement by implication means that they ARE planning to attack now. Is that what you intended to say?

tomtom22 said:
You are joking, right?
I agree Rab,
These days,China is expanding arms for landing capability to Taiwan.
Chinese Latest landing ships have better capability than any other alike ones of neighbouring nation.
And look that Russo-Sino combined exercises.
From some view,that is completely landing training to taiwan.
This is the chinese anti secession law
Chinese Anti secession law by BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4347555.stm

sandy said:
I agree Rab,
These days,China is expanding arms for landing capability to Taiwan.

Sandy, Rabs was saying that TAIWAN was preparing to invade China, not China preparing to invade Taiwan. I think he was being just ever so slightly sarcastic to emphasize a point.

bulldogg said:
This statement by implication means that they ARE planning to attack now. Is that what you intended to say?

well, you can say that, if the taiwan declare independent formally, i can promise taiwan with 24 hours china army will take non-peace action. if the gorvement dont do that, i am it will lost its power.

5.56X45mm said:
No, the PRC just didn't have the means to attack Taiwan at the time. They still wanted to take Taiwan back.

china has the means to attack taiwan but maybe it is not able to get it back. the most important thing is that, around the 80s, china is reluctant to spend money on military. they just want to develop economic. to have money. but if they feel that the army must take action, i think within several years, chinese army would be able to attack and land on the island

zhjsg said:
well, you can say that, if the taiwan declare independent formally, i can promise taiwan with 24 hours china army will take non-peace action. if the gorvement dont do that, i am it will lost its power.

I don't think the two American carrier battle groups in the Asian-Pacific area will take too kindly to an act of aggression...

Back