China support Iran's nuclear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense. These are bogus allegations. The country bashing junk posted by Phoenix80, 5.56X45mm and the gang are laughable and contributes nothing.

The CNN reporter/correspondent's interpretation to the speech given by the Iranian Chief Negotiator are mistaken.

The US, EU, CHINA, RUSSIA, INDIA support Iran in utilizing Nuclear technology for PEACEFUL PURPOSES AND ONLY USED FOR GENERATING ELECTRICITY AND POWER. RUSSIA proposed for nuclear enrichment in Russia which both IRAN and CHINA agrees to. EU and US are now considering the idea.

U.S. President George W. Bush described how the arrangement would work: "The material used to power the plant would be manufactured in Russia, delivered under IAEA inspectors to Iran, to be used in that plant, the waste of which will be picked up by the Russians and returned to Russia.

"I think that is a good plan," Bush told a news conference. "The Russians came up with the idea and I support it."
But he said Iran had shown by its actions that it wanted a nuclear weapon.

"And it's not in the world's interests that they have a weapon," he added.

Zoellick said Washington and Beijing had no major differences on the issue. Kong, the Chinese spokesman, declined to directly endorse that assessment.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticleSearch.aspx?storyID=23322+27-Jan-2006+RTRS&srch=Iran

I advocate a respectful and diplomatic approach in discussing this issue.

I don't know much about nuclear reactors and how they can be used so forgive my ignorance when I ask:

Isn't giving Iran materials to power the plant similar to giving a child a loaded gun with the safety on? Click. . . . BOOM!!

Marinerhodes said:
I don't know much about nuclear reactors and how they can be used so forgive my ignorance when I ask:

Isn't giving Iran materials to power the plant similar to giving a child a loaded gun with the safety on? Click. . . . BOOM!!

That's why the IAEA would have to inspect Iran's facilities damn near daily, which they would do if Iran wasn't blocking them, probably because they are trying to hide something. That's just my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back