img041.jpg

Oh,Baloon!ya!This is 1/1 decoy

img042.jpg

F-16?(decoy)

img043.jpg

Full size ICBM(decoy)

1/1 Decoy

FutureDevilDog said:
They would probably fare just as well as there real equipment.

So true...

The US Air Force F-16 Decoys must be used for fighter/bomber training or something. Something to give their communist soldiers something to shoot at.

i dunno if im right or not but i dont think he really meant the term as derrogitory...i think it was just friendly profanity...i can say :cens: and not really be calling you a :cens: . its all in tone, but since we are on the computer, we cant really be sure of what hes saying, can we chinese-canadian?

Last edited by a moderator:
Decoys are an effective part of any military arsenal the Allies used them with great success in Britain. In these pictures it is easy to discern but from a jet moving at speed the pilot would be hard pressed to see a difference I believe and the soldier on the ground from 1000M out will not be able to see the difference and troops will react accordingly offering the enemy the initiative.

It would be a waste of a few thousand dollars of ordinance and waste a round you might need for the real tank.

Supposedly Yugoslavia saved a lot of their MiG-29 fleet during the NATO bombing because civilians volunteered to build convincing-enough decoys of them.

bulldogg said:
Decoys are an effective part of any military arsenal the Allies used them with great success in Britain. In these pictures it is easy to discern but from a jet moving at speed the pilot would be hard pressed to see a difference I believe and the soldier on the ground from 1000M out will not be able to see the difference and troops will react accordingly offering the enemy the initiative.

They were used in conjunction with FUSAG and Operation Fortitude.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Fortitude

Back