China spying on the U.S.?! Lies~!

ASTRALdragon

I didn't know if this would fit under Military Tech or not but since it deals with espionage, I'd say it was more political.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/3319656.html

What makes me really furious is the penalties involved. Three years probation?! Thirty-two months in prison and deportation?! These are the types of people I definitely would not have any qualms about being sent to Gitmo.

P.S. I hope bulldogg comments on this. I like reading his insider thoughts and sometimes funny comments.

I didn't know if this would fit under Military Tech or not but since it deals with espionage, I'd say it was more political.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/defense/3319656.html

What makes me really furious is the penalties involved. Three years probation?! Thirty-two months in prison and deportation?! These are the types of people I definitely would not have any qualms about being sent to Gitmo.

P.S. I hope bulldogg comments on this. I like reading his insider thoughts and sometimes funny comments.

The ones that are not US citizens can not be detaind like that and we have not decleard war on any of their countries therfore we could not detain them as war criminals whitout sparking a conflict...

It is all law and political red tape...

The ones that are not US citizens can not be detaind like that and we have not decleard war on any of their countries therfore we could not detain them as war criminals whitout sparking a conflict

We did it to the soviets and they did it to us.

Hang the F'er.

We did it to the soviets and they did it to us.

Hang the F'er.

Any dates and names?

I know we did it to the Japanese and the Germans during WWII and we are also no in a "Cold War" with china like we where with the now defunct USSR. Plus that was all pre touchy touchy PC feel good BS.

We're both beligerents then, i don't see how they're any worse for doing this than we are.

Cause our bird was in international airspace, and was rammed.

Plus US = good guys

Them = bad guys.

Cause our bird was in international airspace, and was rammed.

Plus US = good guys

Them = bad guys.

Makes sense to me.

We should get these ChiCom spies in front of a camera during prime time, have the command "Ready, Aim, Fire!" heard from someone off camera, and watch as these spies get six 7.62X51mm rifle rounds into the chest and then slump over.

We're both beligerents then, i don't see how they're any worse for doing this than we are.

No see for the aforementioned reasons plus we where just verifying how our stolen tehcnology was coming along....

See the difference is we dont steal their shit, we have no need.... :drunkb:

Last edited:
If china was flying a spyplane right off the coast of hawaii or california while still in international airspace, then we would have no reason to worry and not send a jet to check out what was going on?

If china was flying a spyplane right off the coast of hawaii or california while still in international airspace, then we would have no reason to worry and not send a jet to check out what was going on?

They would have a couple of F-16s on their tail but our rules don't give our pilots orders to exchange paint with them. When I first read the story, it mentioned that this particular Chinese pilot was known for his aggressiveness and it just finally caught up with him.

http://www.fas.org/news/china/2001/china-010401zdb-e3.htm

"QUESTION: The interception or the bumping of the U.S. plane, was that
intentional or accidental? And why were they intercepting the plane in
the first place if they were in international airspace?"

"Adm. Blair: Let me talk a little bit about that. The routine
operations that the United States conducts with military aircraft off
the China coast are routinely intercepted by Chinese aircraft. They
come up, take a look, report what they see and fly back. This is
pretty routine activity. I must tell you though that the intercepts by
Chinese fighters over the past couple months have become more
aggressive to the point we felt they were endangering the safety of
Chinese and American aircraft. And we launched a protest at the
working level. This is not a big deal, but we went to the Chinese and
said, "Your aircraft are not intercepting in a professional manner.
There is a safety issue here." So, this was a pattern of what we
considered to be increasingly unsafe behavior."

Last edited:
I think china is trying to increase it's sovereignity in the area as well as its hegemony. The spratly isles are a place of diplomatic trouble with china's southern neighbors, so maybe this has to do with their overall strenghting of their military position in the area. I figure if you're going to fly spy planes right next to their border, then you're going to expect these sort of things, countries like china probably don't like being spied on anymore than we do.

But that crash wasn't intentional, the chinese pilot died and there was a big diplomatic problem of what to do next. It's not like the plane was shot down like it would be in the old USSR. I'm just saying that what china is doing is probably the same thing we would do and i don't know why they should be more criticized than us for having done it.

WarMachine's opinion is more impartial.

there must be winner and loser in a war, but there is no winner or loser in a war's propaganda. We should listen to the voices from different sides. If one people only listen to one side, he can not really know the truth.

A complete another picture is described from China about the accident.It is obvious.

One more episode,after the EP3 was landed at China's airport,it is said that much advanced technology was absorbed by China. Is it true or not?
There is twenty-years gap in aviation-electronic technology between the two states

American's confidence let them think their doing are always right. Hehe,very interesting.

I think china is trying to increase it's sovereignity in the area as well as its hegemony. The spratly isles are a place of diplomatic trouble with china's southern neighbors, so maybe this has to do with their overall strenghting of their military position in the area. I figure if you're going to fly spy planes right next to their border, then you're going to expect these sort of things, countries like china probably don't like being spied on anymore than we do.

But that crash wasn't intentional, the chinese pilot died and there was a big diplomatic problem of what to do next. It's not like the plane was shot down like it would be in the old USSR. I'm just saying that what china is doing is probably the same thing we would do and i don't know why they should be more criticized than us for having done it.

Perhaps I might have worded the title of this thread wrong because it differs from the topic of the article. True, all nations spy on each other, but the news article deals with the Chinese stealing American technology and reverse engineering it to make it theirs. This is exactly why I laugh whenever I hear about China's efforts to curb software, movie, music, etc. piracy because their own government commits piracy on a whole different level. China is slowing killing the ingenuity of American technology. America takes about 10-20 (maybe more) years of researching its own technology and China can steal it in a matter of months or years. Just look at China's "indigenious" assault rifle and jet fighter. Do a Google search on it and you'll see countless websites stating how similar they are to American technology (the assault rifle has both the M16 and FA-MAS similarities in it). The two biggest weapons manufacturers in the world are America and Russia, but NONE of their weapons even resemble or even function like the other (how many threads have you seen with M16 vs. AK-47 or F-XX vs. MIG-XX? too many is how many). China won't really try to copy Russian technology because, hell, they can just easily buy that. I hope and pray everyday that America has a kickass counter-intelligence team hellbent on stopping this dirty behavior by China. I hope that the US are feeding them false info or taking these weapons buyers that buy on behalf of China to dark alleys and out of existence. I can only hope the work and ingenuity of my college friends who major in mechanical, electrical, etc. engineering are not having their research stolen from them for prices far below what they are truly worth. You can't put a price on intelligence and hard work.

Back