China spying on the U.S.?! Lies~!

Actually, china is not totalitarian. A totalitarian government is defined as "a government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control" Since china does not exercise ABSOLUTE control, it is not totalitarian.

Source: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=totalitarian

Lol this is not Semantics 101. You know as well as I do the CCP pretty much controls everything (i.e. politics, religion, internet, media, and even family planning) in China. Although it might not be "absolute," no government in the world has "absolute" control, the CCP has a pretty damn good grip on China. Maybe totalitarian might have not been a good word to use since the last time I heard that word being used was when studying ancient empires, but the term could be used for lack of a better/accurate word.

You're going off on a tangent a bit here. I was purely speaking of stealing military technology which can be used to harm others. I am aware of that issue where the American company Kenetech Windpower Inc. allegedly duplicated the wind turbine technology from the German company Echelon and released a version of it in the US before Echelelon could patent its design in the US, however, this is farcry from stealing military technology or obtaining it from rogue agents. If the US were to even steal this technology (Kenetech Inc. is no longer in business), at least it would be used towards good (energy conservation).

hehe,I don't think it is far from the topic. "All technology is military technology". I have other examples,but I don't want to say more since it is not the main intension of my topic.

"towards good"? Some disingenous. I help you explain "the good" more accurately. It is towards American own good,not for German good. The unauthorized duplication directly led to the lose of a big contract for German company in US,but dramatically saved the now-bankrupt Kenetech Windpower Inc. It is obvious for MONEY. Is it your real altruism?

Aha, ASTRALdragon, I understand you more clearly now. In your heart,as long as any behavior is done by American,no matter it is, it must be good.

No nation is "Paradise" but the US seems to respect intellectual property more than China does.

I agree with you completely. There are many historic reasons.
But you can not think intellectual property is absolute truth. In many cases, intellectual property is a tool for those advanced companies to make more money as could as they can despite of justice,just like the case of the specially good pills for HIV in S.Africa.

ASTRALdragon, I find we both work in the similiar area. Hehe,about the Microsoft's argue, I say few any more though I still have different opinion.

ASTRALdragon I think he means a China gripped in the iron clutches of the totalitarian Chinese Communist Party.

Hehe,if so, how can I access the bbs? You are disguided so much by the selective news about China from your media. Now China is not the evil look you imagine,hehe.

Donkey, Jackass, you know what I ment :smile:
China doesnt steal....ask Pfizer :wink:
Donkey, maybe I know your meaning. But anyway,China got profits from it.

Last edited:
Once more point.

All guys only focus on the current China and the current America. If we take another look at it from historic view. Many countries ever got advanced technology by many good or bad ways from other countries when they growed up. But in old time, there was not intellectual property. Many cases are just like original Japan to Tang Dynasty, early US to Europe, post-WWII Japan to Western Countries.

History don't care how you get it,only care what result you get,care which country still exist.

In fact, saint in one side,but also evil in another side. Interest is for ever for all countries.

Last edited:
Back