China and Russia

benaakatz

How long do you all think it will be before the chinese military will become more powerful than russia's? (or do you think it already is)? (I'm talking conventional forces, leave out the nukes).

Where do you think relations between the two are headed? Do you see any (remote) possibility of a conflict in the future? :?

well mate China no doubt has developed as a strong military nation.on other side Russia as we all know may have lost an edge but still i believe they are stronger than China in conventional warfare.now they have started developing new age defense equipments.give them 10 more years and they get their reputation back as superpower.

China seems to want to be taken seriously as a big player it is taking world shortages minerals oil etc as real & spending big time to be at the front of replacement tech. Seems to be boosting its military to huge jumps in spending but it can afford them so if all stays as is its just a matter of time. Damn good long term plan leasing Hong Kong they startred changing a few years after its return im my view, probably helped Westernise.

How long do you all think it will be before the chinese military will become more powerful than russia's?
Who knows? You won't be able to predict political decisions, for example - increasing of decreasing of military budget.

At the moment Russia still is more powerful than China, although in terms of number of soldiers China is stronger.
Where do you think relations between the two are headed?
Just like previous question, it is hard to say. It seems they won't become a close friends, however, there are no signs of soon conflict.
Do you see any (remote) possibility of a conflict in the future?
Eventually - yes. Chinese economy, most likely, will continue its growth, their need of resources will increase as well as temptation to seize those located North from their Russian border... While Russia's capacity to handle their Siberian resources seems to be growing slower or even stagnate. At end, it can lead to military solutions.

i think Russia is far more powerful than china.china's military almost deosnt include any pristine creativity,but just reverse engineering .but Russia is developing its equipments everyday with unprecedented inventions .for instance,china imports engines for its j-10 from Russia,which the most powerful plane in china's military.

Back