Is China as powerful as the former Soviet Union or weaker?

Who is stronger

• The former Soviet Union

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
well, if u say china is dictotaship , that shows ur lack of understanding of chinese politic,
since 1980s, there is no more one man rules, cuz all the man who can rule by himself either died or retired,
all the new man in power now, Like Hu and Wen, both were unknown for their contribution to build PRC,
today's china is not a totally dictatorship country rather a reign of rich ppl and powerful officials, there are more disccussion today from the top to the bottom of chinese government, ex, the top chinese leadership is actuallly the CCPPolitical Bureau (i think 8 ppl in it), these ppl share the top power while every level of government has some sort of Political bureau too, they usually have discussions rahter than just one man decide everything (i have been living in china for 13 years, my dad was a buiessness man and he knows many offcials)

talk about nuclear bombs, some ppl in the forum thinks that using Nuclear to destory others and keep themselves alive is possible, well, i tell u it is not, i doubt U.S knows the positon of all chiee ICBMs, (many are mobile, DF-31 and DF 41), if U.S unforturanatelly didn't destroy all the CHinese ICBM in first wave of attack, well, U.S can kiss their butt and meet Jesus in about a few hours.

hope that day never happens,

FlyingFrog said:
CCP Political Bureau with 7 guys in it.
4 : 3 will make a decision, quite democratic isn't it :)

Who "elects" those seven?
The people or the congress?
If the congress, who elects the congress?
The people or something else?

rOk,

I just stated the facts about the 7 men POLITO, I am not ready to talk about other issues in this Thread, sorry mate.

Taiwan got into a big fight last time, They started throwing food at each other I believe.

Also I doubt the people select those 7.

will, then it is not democratic,

however, it is not dictatorship either, therefore, i said u dont understand chinese politic

wut u can call this is centrolized democracy,

moreoever, china is changing,
the People's Representives in the city level are now many directly elected in some city, that is improvment,
most of heads of villeges (many villges in china are over 2000 ppl) are all demoractically elected,

u have to know about china before u talk about it

actually, the most correct term would be: chinese style unique government <<<-- the chiense are unique and need a different government type than the rest of the world, why copy americans when we could jsut do our own:D:D :rambo:

Police State: police state is a political condition where the government maintains strict control over society, particularly through suspension of civil rights and often with the use of a force of secret police. This implies that the control by the government contradicts the will of the people being controlled. Thus, a police state is inherently anti-democratic

there is no secret police... thats the ss and the NKVD ur thinking about...

anyways, most police in china fights aginist crimes like the other countries......

while, if u have been living in china, u will know that there is really no secrect police sort stuff

today china is more free than the past,
u can crtisize government whenever and wherever u want expcept publishing on newspaper or boradcasing on radio

when i was in high school in china in Shanxi, i keeps write essays about corruptions in the government, even in the history final exam (a question aout the current events, just wehn China excutes 14 corrupted offcials),it is really noting

But they Like it there, However I still think that China doesn't have the ruling problem Russia did.

Back