Is China as powerful as the former Soviet Union or weaker? - Page 6

View Poll Results :Who is stronger
The former Soviet Union 17 62.96%
Today's China 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--

November 14th, 2004  
MadeInChina

the reason to have banned elections in hong kong is to lower the ecomomic power of hong kong by haveing civil unrest in that city, while other chinese ecnomic districts recieve more investments and development as those areas are peaceful and stable
November 15th, 2004  
Darcia

That is going to be something they will regret later on.
November 15th, 2004  
Xion

Quote:
Most of Chinese would believe that in some 20 to 30 years, China will be "democratic" too, with multiple parties system
Democracy isn't always good.You cannot take certain important decisions for your country which would benefit the country with multiple party systems ( like what we have in India right now , a coalition government ).There always these people who keep proving any decision the government takes wrong for their own selfish benefit and don't think about the country.I think China wouldn't have achieved whatever it has in the last 20-30 years if it weren't a communist/capitalist state.
( USA might be an exception. )
--
November 15th, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

In democracy nothing is certain, in What china has (lets call it Chinism)

The government gives the path you follow, in the end it works ouy very well
November 15th, 2004  
Xion

Quote:
The government gives the path you follow, in the end it works ouy very well
It also means you can't oppose the government, if you do you are dead meat.Tomorrow if the goverment says they will bull doze your house because they want to build a railway line there and also they won't give you any compensation for it you cant go to court to oppose them.There are always advantages and disadvantages to any form of government.

China and USA are two extreme examples I think ?!? both successful in their own way ?[/quote]
November 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

AI, China is always a unique nation, there is probaly no perfect national government style for china, say democracy wont work because counting the votes ans those are too much, and chinas always in need of a dictatorship for governing..... Just look at taiwan, man, they are not a good excample for future democracy
November 15th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Why not? What's wrong with Taiwan? It's a serious question, I know nothing of their democratic system.
November 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

ai, have u seen their cabinet system??? nothing gets done because they physically flame each other for days on end with no results, on one occasion they threw stablers and coke bottles which injured many.... Also, their screwed up system wont work in china because simply..... too many people and definetly more corruption will occur: just look at russia with democracy
November 15th, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Hmm I can see your point, but yes, the Taiwan meetings are funny to see on the news
November 15th, 2004  
MadeInChina

haha, cmon, my taiwanese friends are disgraced by their system, they are pretty much disgraced by the fact that taiwan wants to seperate( their fatehrs were mainlanders from nationlistc armies)