China and North Korea explain the importance of human rights

Get the US out of the UN and the UN out of the US.

The United Nations is nothing but a Anti-USA club today. The United States of America is one of it's major reasons that it still exist. The US allow them to be in New york City (which I really don't gave a damn for either), pays most of the dues, and uses it's military to do UN mandated missions.

When the UN really pulls it's collective heads out of it's collective asses. Then maybe I'll consider that the UN might do some good in this world. But until Koffi and his little gun grabbing, oil robbing, life stealing group leave power. I won't raise a finger in support of that crooked group.

The UN is about as crooked as a Hill billy smile.

CABAL said:
The people I've known who call the UN useless are known to be militant and belligerent. Lets hope you're not one of them. ;-)

Militant; most definatly, belligerent; maybe but certainly self-centered. Complaining is so easy! Close down the US, bunch of old-boys, stealing money..... etc. But what other options do you offer? Till now I've heard mostly options that safe guard the US interests and nothing more. The UN is suppossed to be a international platform for all nations, free of hiearchy and yes, this tends to be bureaucratic. But that is the price you pay when you reckon that all nations and people are equal! Saying so is one thing, but trying to make it happen is another!

I concur Ted. Couldn't have said it better myself.

But nevertheless, viciously attacking UN Secretary General Koffi Annan using words such as "little gun grabbing, oil robbing, life stealing" as 5.56X45mm put it, does reveal fanatical animosity and pugnacious feelings. The words are too intense and extreme for critisism. I do ask for a bit of decency and respect please?

System Bolaget said:
that's just great. The smiley does little to cover up the smugness of your comment.

While the UN in principal may not be useless it has become largely a good old boys network at this time. I believe that it should be disbanded and re-formed with a new charter with new rules and new people. The current UN is a ship full of bloated clowns taking advantage of the very programs that they themselves administer for personal profit at the expense of those whose interest they are supposed to protect. Those of you who tout the UN and clearly worship the criminal misfits who run it certainly aren't militant. No. I think that recalcitrant bitter sniveling liberal John Kerry / Al Gore shineboys somehow fits the bill a little better.

I'm in complete agreement with this entire statement.

CABAL said:
I concur Ted. Couldn't have said it better myself.

But nevertheless, viciously attacking UN Secretary General Koffi Annan using words such as "little gun grabbing, oil robbing, life stealing" as 5.56X45mm put it, does reveal fanatical animosity and pugnacious feelings. The words are too intense and extreme for critisism. I do ask for a bit of decency and respect please?

How about we ask for a little bit of decency and respect from Annan and his jackboot thugs? He and his cronies reap what they sow. Screw them and their corrupt little evil empire. The biggest problem is that the ones who are hurt by their graft and corruption are the ones who can afford it the least, my little friend. their dastardly deeds actually have propped up our enemies such as Hussain by lining his coffers with their illicit dealings. Un can go to hell and will get no respect by the likes of me. Call me militant? Go ahead, Cabal. Call me worse while you're at it. You are trying to defend something that is undefendable. It's a great idea, the UN, but it has succombed to the sins of greed, sloth and pride. i say re-work the whole damn thing.

All of you need to lay off the melodrama. If you cannot present your views in a respectful and mature manner, find another place to spend your time.

System Bolaget and CABAL, do not attack other members.

System Bolaget

Since the scandalous Admininstration for the "Food for Oil" program surfaced several years ago, I have come to the conclusion that the UN remains unreformed and ineffective in dealing with security matters, especially those involving Iraq.

Also, I do question about Annan's leadership because of the Lubber's Sexual Harrasment case and the Food for Oil Program, the two prime controversies during Annan's tenure.

But what I am in great disagreement with you is that you relate the UN as an "Evil Empire."

Last edited:
Yup. I agree. (surprised? :wink:) I believe the world needs such on organization but this one has gone bad in a lot of ways. It's time for a Major overhaul / transformation, whathave you. Fat chance on that happening, though.

Back