China influence seen as positive

Mech...

I am sure GodofThunder never meant any harm with that statement. His statement is true in reality.

Mech, I understand and appreciate your love of China and come to defend if injustice rise. However, GodofThunder's opinions are very much based on facts and data, eventhough not all data represented correctly. He is the least biased (very unbiased on my book) poster that I have seen on many virtual forums I cruised.

It's all koo.

point taken, although i do have a question, what is the defination of "does it right" in your note?

that is the key point. chinese people don't hate americans, i mean, come on, look at the endless line in front of the US ambrsscy every single day. we can't ignore the competetion the rise china will post to the world, but what perspective the government would take and "educated" their people is totally an different story. i would like all of you to take a look at the BBC week long special reports about china, covered just about every sector of the china, the politics, the society, the economey, the rish, the poor, the future, the problem....see how the europeans taking on the chinese issue, i am sure you will find that it's quite different than the US media one sided coverage..

the US media cried out when the chinese computer make decided to by the money losing IBM personal computer sector, then government steped in and had an sercurity review, the chinese company passed the review and gave the "pass". the story should have ended there, but, instead, the media is still attacking the issue on this issue. if the americans hate the outsourcing, why should they also against the companies setting factories here?

the anti-china media attitude sometimes just seems so going over board to me. Not mention political masters like Mr Kissinger and the former ambassetor to china's view of china as not a threat to US.

for almost 6 years living in North america, watching CNN every single day, i worried a lot about the american style impression over the media, if the media driven public opinion have gone so far, it could hunt the overall realtions one day or another.

for the future of those two very important nations, i hope both nations should do the "right thing", stop spreading hate to eachother, deal the reality, don't even try to force others to go according to your plan, what problem can't we slove through peaceful discussions?

especially when the economic tie strengthed years after years, something we have seen and hear just not on the same track here.

i agree, we chinese are not very agressive, we are peace loving and all that, we like the us and any ocuntry in the world, and may even grow to be neutrual withjapan.

we pretty ok with everything, we respect other cultures, but the boot comes down when other people disregard thigns to say and thats when we stand up for who we are

im sure you all understand

k19 said:
point taken, although i do have a question, what is the defination of "does it right" in your note?
There is an endless list of ways that a nation can "do it wrong" in building an economy. Lazzie Farre is one. A sudden shift in the government resulting in attempts to reestablish "True" Communism is another. Those are extreme examples and neither is extremely likely.

In terms of what has worked in modern times, China would do well to be mindful to build its economic base as broadly as possible. Many past failures have come from too narrow of a focus. China has every reason to succeed here as well, since they have the natural resources in place to eventually build some amount of everything there is, and sell it.

Culturally, China and is people have every reason to become the most industrious and economically efficient nation on earth. They might hold a substantial amount of bitterness for Japan for past warcrimes, but consider how similar Japan is culturally. Consider how successful Japan has been at modern economics! Despite the bitter relationship the two countries have, Japan is an excellent model. Taiwan is another superb model of how to develop. The part that will be insteresting is seeing how China manages it on the absolutely enormous scale -- not something they have any choice on.

Consider how successful Japan has been at modern economics! Despite the bitter relationship the two countries have, Japan is an excellent model.

Taiwan is another superb model of how to develop. The part that will be insteresting is seeing how China manages it on the absolutely enormous scale -- not something they have any choice on.

Countries do not "succeed" in "modern" economics. I've never heard such illogical statement before. First of all, there is no margine line in the fields of both micro-economics or macro-economics which distinguish whether a country is successful or not. Economics is persistant and is highly unpredictable as time goes on.

It involves Consumer Theory, Game Theory, and Government Involvement. There are many others to relate to but I believe these three cases are the fundamentals of every Economy.

Culturally similar or not, as far as I know, the people of China and Japan have a very different mentality but do hold similar values. So in this case, the least thing China can do is not to use Taiwan or Japan as models but to avoid the serious mistakes done by both countries.

And last, China need not Japan or Taiwan for experience. They can seek the experience from Hong Kong, which is basically a Chinese City.

no, firstly, i thought you were refer to much wider area, such as "politically does it right" or "militerily does it right", i was not quite only address the only economic topic, so, sorry, i misundersand you.

Just like cabal said, there is no "perfect models" in economics. avoiding the wrong doing that others make is the best a country can do to acheive their ecnomic goal. we can only wish and do the best we can.

Speaks about hongkong, they were facing a big chanlange today after china opens its gate, why? hongkong's scuess in the last 50 years, or i should say before china opens the gate, was heavily relies on serve as a port, the only port to connect with the rest of world for a huge size country like china. the wealth was been certralized at that region. but today, it's a totlly different situation, why don't you ship those goods directly to Shanghai and other cities, the more the economic ties the mainland strength with the out side, the more pressure that put on the hongkong to reform its economy and further reduce hongkong's importance in the percific region, when cities like shanghai took back its position, hongkong's economists have some serious thinking to do. don't forget, when shanghai served as the economic center in the percific 7 decades ago, hongkong is only a village relies on fishing, there must be a huge environment (politically, economicly, regionaly....) changes that lead to all of this sudden improvement.

let me summon it all up:

china has every reason to be a power nation on earth in terms of economics, industrial or military.

there is NO right model for a good country, because the situation isbased on a country's own in which different strategies and theroies are needed

cultrually different, but all for the same goal: to gain a place in the world arena

Back