--
Boots

March 8th, 2005  
lumberjack

why Lebanon ppl like china so much?

arabians like china a lot'?
March 8th, 2005  
MarchingBandGuy

I think it's Ok sort of that there seen as a good influence. I just hope there "good influence" doesn't over ride our sopposed "good influence".

Although I do suggest picking up the Chinese language.. theres many dialect scince every city practicly has there own version .. but just learn Mandarian fun but hard. Don't even try to attempt to learn how to read it .. I think it's practicly im-possibly for someone non-chinese to be able to read it without decades of practice.

I'm a Liberal, but I don't hate bush. But what I do hate is the effect he's given this country. I understand alot of countrys don't want to get into war with us, but hey bush isn't the most charismatic person there is. I thikn he's spread out our troops too far.. and if indeed china "positive" influence on the world turns negative to the US .. what are we going to do? I don't think we have a standing chance in hell against china.
(sorry had to get my opinion out)
March 9th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well over the years i felt that the more i learnt about history and the modern times i find that china deserves more than the titiel she has now

china historically, now, and in the futre forever will be one of the most imfluential countries in the world, no matter what happens

some radicals in this forum think that the chiense influence is a negative thing and some think its not allowed to happen, heres my opinion:

historicallly china hadn't done much invasion of foreign countries, some used only to create a border or to destory rebels that invaded china. we just like to stay behind our wall of greatness.

cmon now, we used to be the most powerful country in the world, becoming a giant economic power is natural to happen.
--
Boots
March 9th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
well over the years i felt that the more i learnt about history and the modern times i find that china deserves more than the titiel she has now

china historically, now, and in the futre forever will be one of the most imfluential countries in the world, no matter what happens

some radicals in this forum think that the chiense influence is a negative thing and some think its not allowed to happen, heres my opinion:

historicallly china hadn't done much invasion of foreign countries, some used only to create a border or to destory rebels that invaded china. we just like to stay behind our wall of greatness.
The great Ming fleet sailed off to see the world. They came to the distinct conclusion that there wasn't anything at all far outside China that was actually worth bothering with. Sadly enough, that assessment would have been dead right at the time. Still, they made their rounds and established trade throughout the South Pacific and Indian Oceans anyways. Enormous fleet BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
cmon now, we used to be the most powerful country in the world, becoming a giant economic power is natural to happen.
China itself is truly the only one that can sabotage that future. I don't know whether Confucian ideals will help or hurt. Still, population doesn't always equal economic power. The economies of Japan and Germany stand as excellent modern examples of that.
March 9th, 2005  
k19

this report do point out two things,
one, china's surrounding envirnment is improving politically and socially.
this will give china more stable envirnment to develop.
secondly, look at the data regarding U.S, i have to say CNN's everyday reports paid off. even the long time foe japanese is having mixed feeling about the china's rising infulence, however, when the whole world cautionly looking forward to see an great rising nation, the americans hard line cold war minded reporters like lou boub is still yealing "communisit this and that.....threat this threat that.." everyday on TV, it is kind disappointing.
=============================
Quote:
China itself is truly the only one that can sabotage that future. I don't know whether Confucian ideals will help or hurt. Still, population doesn't always equal economic power. The economies of Japan and Germany stand as excellent modern examples of that.
japan has 130 million people, germany 85 million, both them can be considered large populated countries. i do agree that population doesn't always equal economic power, but still, you need to consider this, country like china and india, GDP per person, around 1000 dollars when US like 60,000. believe or not, even maxico is a lot of times higher than china and india. there is a lot improvement can be made.
March 9th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by k19
Quote:
japan has 130 million people, germany 85 million, both them can be considered large populated countries. i do agree that population doesn't always equal economic power, but still, you need to consider this, country like china and india, GDP per person, around 1000 dollars when US like 60,000. believe or not, even maxico is a lot of times higher than china and india. there is a lot improvement can be made.
Here is what I was getting at. Please notice where Japan and Germany are in the rankings for GDP compared to their ranking in population. Japan, with the 10th highest population has the 3rd highest GDP. Germany is the 14th largest population, yet they are 5th in GDP.

True that they are among the larger populations of the world, but consider how many nations there are with much much greater population that they easily outperform. The United States is perhaps a better example, but that's old news.

http://geography.about.com/cs/worldp...stpopulous.htm
Quote:
Countries with the Largest Population
1. China - 1,294,629,555
2. India - 1,065,070,607
3. United States - 293,027,571
4. Indonesia - 238,452,952
5. Brazil - 184,101,109
6. Pakistan - 153,705,278
7. Russia - 144,112,353
8. Bangladesh - 141,340,476
9. Nigeria - 137,253,133
10. Japan - 127,333,002
11. Mexico - 104,959,594
12. Philippines - 86,241,697
13. Vietnam - 82,689,518
14. Germany - 82,424,609
15. Egypt - 76,117,421
16. Iran - 69,018,924
17. Turkey - 68,893,918
18. Ethiopia - 67,851,281
19. Thailand - 64,865,523
20. France - 60,424,213
http://www.nationmaster.com/printabl...dp_gro_dur_199
Quote:
Graph: Economy: GDP (Top 50 Countries)
1. United States $10.45 trillion (2002 est.)
2. China $5.989 trillion (2002 est.)
3. Japan $3.651 trillion (2002 est.)
4. India $2.664 trillion (2002 est.)
5. Germany $2.16 trillion (2002 est.)
6. France $1.558 trillion (2002 est.)
7. United Kingdom $1.528 trillion (2002 est.)
8. Italy $1.455 trillion (2002 est.)
9. Russia $1.409 trillion (2002 est.)
10. Brazil $1.376 trillion (2002 est.)
11. Korea, South $941.5 billion (2002 est.)
12. Canada $934.1 billion (2002 est.)
13. Mexico $924.4 billion (2002 est.)
14. Spain $850.7 billion (2002 est.)
15. Indonesia $714.2 billion (2002 est.)
16. Australia $525.5 billion (2002 est.)
17. Turkey $489.7 billion (2002 est.)
18. Iran $458.3 billion (2002 est.)
19. Thailand $445.8 billion (2002 est.)
20. Netherlands $437.8 billion (2002 est.)
March 10th, 2005  
k19

i understand what you means, i do point out that i agree your statement. in fact, i am at a country that short people but strong in economic---canada, hehe.

all i want to say is that it is true in the sense that the higher populated countries may not always be the economic power, but the population do play a major consideration in this matter. and of coure their will be truck loads of other factors, so i just think we should not ignore the population role in the economic discussion, it's an economic recources too. (maybe the only resource you don't want to have too many lol..)
March 10th, 2005  
MadeInChina

Quote:
population doesn't always equal economic power
dude, chinas not only population, that kinda offended me
March 10th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by k19
i understand what you means, i do point out that i agree your statement. in fact, i am at a country that short people but strong in economic---canada, hehe.

all i want to say is that it is true in the sense that the higher populated countries may not always be the economic power, but the population do play a major consideration in this matter. and of coure their will be truck loads of other factors, so i just think we should not ignore the population role in the economic discussion, it's an economic recources too. (maybe the only resource you don't want to have too many lol..)
My point is mostly a sidenote of course. I quite agree that population plays a tremedous role. Actually, in retrospect, Canada and Ansterdam would have been better examples to use.

It could easily be said that larger population gives you the most important ingredient for a powerful ecomony. Of course, that hasn't kept some of some of the most populous nations in the world from performing FAR below what you would expect. China has boasted that in the semi-distant future, they will surpass the USA in overall GDP. They have 4 times the population of the United States, so this should be obvious to anyone, so long as China does it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mech
Quote:
Quote:
population doesn't always equal economic power

dude, chinas not only population, that kinda offended me
Not following how this was offensive. Sorry if it was. Would you be so kind as to explain why that statement offended you. I never intend to offend.
March 10th, 2005  
MadeInChina

your statement population doesn't always equal economic power kinda gave me the impression that population is the most significant thing about china, we have more than people you know

anyways, back to tpoic

i dont know why people are that upset about china developing, why is it so hard to accept for some people??