China chooses guns, not butter

I have pretty much decided that yingying is anit-japanese. Similar to other members (and myself) this person is a writing with some blinders on. Meh, to each his own.

I apologize for not reading the last 2 chapters of your book yingying but it is difficult for me to wade through the rhetoric and find facts. Not even going to comment on the plaigarism as I would not have known one way or the other.

I have a tendency to ignore this website because this site is heavily populated with anti-Japanese and Sino-Phobes users pouting hateful country-bashing posts. Japanese this and Chinese communists that, huffing and puffing and again huffing and puffing, spamming this site with incorrect and misleading titles. One group is anti-Japanese and another is contracted with Sino-Phobia. No wonder James Madison wrote the Federalist papers.

Marinerhodes said:
Which website are you talking about? If you mean to say: www.military-quotes.com then I wonder why you have 660+ posts lol.

Yes, it is International Military forums I have been trying to ignore lately. In answer to your query, I have 660+ posts because I was quite active one year ago. It was well moderated and most of the forum users, like Misileer, Damien45, the 13th Redneck and other older members are respectful and friendly.

Now the enviroment has changed after this forum experienced a wave of Anti-American, Anti-Japanese, Anti-Chinese trolls lurking this forum, huffing and puffing, spamming this forum with leftist and rightist rhetoric without providing information to support their arguement.

Fortunately, Some of these trolls have banned while there are still some members who have the potential to become one.

For now the defamation and country bashing have stopped....temporarily. They will come back. You can count on it.

That is why I usually don't visit here often.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from. Remember that everyone has an opinion and 9 times out of 10 they won't always agree with someone from an opposing country e.g. Japan vs China. I applaud those that have the intestinal fortitude to state their opinions and stand by it. Look at Chief Bones, he is a classic example of stubborness. He will not change his views and I respect him for that. Just because he has opinions without facts does not mean he is "anti" anything. It just means that it is that particular topic he may be for or against.

Something to consider is that just because a person uses a broad brush to paint a picture does not mean they include every single aspect and person inside that picture. I think it just means they may not have considered all the aspects or else they are ignoraing all the aspects.

Most opinions are not fact and most facts are not opinions. Just something to keep in mind.

As for "Trolls" I presume you mean those that post and decline to discuss their own threads or those that will post an inflammatory remark just to get a reaction. Those "types" of people have been around since the beginning of mankind. You will never be able to get rid of them. But those type of people I will agree do not belong in this particular forum.

If we all agreed on all topics there would be no real discussion and no need for this forum in the first place.

Sometimes I have been known to throw some fuel on the fire just to keep a conversation/topic going so I can see where it leads. The more views on a topic the more ways it can be looked at and maybe someone's "opinion" will change or they will get more information than they had and be able to have a more informed opinion.

I am all for facts, but I also have to allow room for opinion. Without opinion, rhetoric, assumptions, conjecture or whatever word you wish to use for it there can be no real discussion in a topic. It then becomes a dry list of facts that are not interesting and really does no good other than to disseminate information.

Trust me, I throw more opinions, uneducated answers, guesses, rhetoric etc around than any 3 other members combined.

Do you feel what I am saying?

yingying said:
NO.3:::::: the subject of communism

I do not like the topic of captilism and communism....In my opinion a man who indulges himself in the ideology system is just a man who do not have his own judgement but just a product of his government .
I know that u were taught when u were young that::::communism means evil.Surely when we were young we wre taught that when the soviet union existed!Our history books was the children of the cold war ,and they are far lagged to the reality .....It will be difficult for us to change our old views ,but we should change ,because the world is a varying world,and we shoule see something without prejuice,the persuits of all the man in the world should be see something in a neutral way ,,just like a outsider!.But unfortunately it is difficult for us to do it .But we should strive on this enduring progressing way ^^^^

Well, ok since I love all your comical posts here on these forums. After all, communism is an age old ideology of economics not government, and a vast majority of the world knows that China is leaning a lot to the side of capitalism and world economics. For now, we'll just refer to "your communism" as an oppressive government system based on totalitarianism, which robs its own people of true knowledge, free speech, religious freedom, and just about every required human right there is out there. There, now THAT sounds a lot like the China the intelligent world sees today, not the big bad Red China image right?

bulldogg said:
When you cut and paste it is customary and proper to post a link to the source Yingying. Plagiarism, even on the internet, is a crime.

hahahahahaha!! BA-ZING!!

centurion_ue said:
hey,if the chinese intend to spend more money in their military,it's their own business,not ours.

Reagan suckered the Soviets into a techology/spending contest and it drove the last nail in their coffin. I agree, let's let them spend themselves into the history books.

Yes, but first they need to be removed from the UN welfare list, at present they receive millions in USD annually from the EU and UN. This is something that pisses me off about their space programme... its much akin to someone on welfare in the states buying a new Hummer H2.

Back