Is China Better off just letting Taiwan go and do whatever?? - Page 16

View Poll Results :Would China be better off if Taiwan were a recognized Independent Country??
Yes, Absolutely! 9 33.33%
Maybe they would... 5 18.52%
No, Definitely Not! 12 44.44%
Other (please explain) 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 8th, 2004  
ironface

have you ever meet some guys who is communist?
have you ever live in such kind of communisty country like china?

then how do you know communist is nasty or ugly?

you just heard or read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC88mm
alirte then, think with ur american nationlism, uncle sam and all yo southern pride... replace us with china, and u'll know how i think
Jerk, godofthunder has been extremely civil about this, and you just insult him with stereotypes.

IMO, China would gain a lot of positive perceptions from around the world, it would help clean off that nasty communist, bully, China everyone generalizes with. But ah, is not the Chinese way. Only interested for herself, in this case- national pride.

Though if China could find a peaceful way for unification, it would have the same effect.
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

hey man,it is because it is quite safe in euro,but china is
a communist country which is different from the rest of world
there will be attack from US or japan one day,and if taiwan get TI
china is more vulnerable
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpike
Why is Taiwan so important to you? Where do you need it? We got our own "Taiwan" on Baltic sea, Ahvenanmaa (or Åland in swedish), an autonomical island between Finland and Sweden. They got their own flag, own currency, own culture, own economy, own goverment etc. If Ahvenanmaa would like to declare independent, i wouldn't care less. It is not a matter of somekind of nationalism or pride or something. They got their freedom to choose and decide themselves. It's called democracy. 8)
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironface
china is more vulnerable
The USA and Japan are not composed of complete idiots. Neither nation has any desire nor reason to attack China. If China attacks first, that's not the fault of the USA or Japan. I swear, that's so unbelievably paranoid. Myramar isn't planning on leading Indochina into an invasion of India. The USA isn't planning on heading up an invasion of China.

The USA and China is the most bizarre arms race ever. Only China is obsessed with catching up and surpassing. The USA hardly notices China until they start threatening their neighboring countries. The vast majority of Americans would laugh at you if you asked them if there was an arms race between the USA and China.
--
Boots
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

lol,it is not matter of arm racing,I think it will take a long long long
time for china troops get so many good weapon,and it will be unwise
to armracing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
china is more vulnerable
The USA and Japan are not composed of complete idiots. Neither nation has any desire nor reason to attack China. If China attacks first, that's not the fault of the USA or Japan. I swear, that's so unbelievably paranoid. Myramar isn't planning on leading Indochina into an invasion of India. The USA isn't planning on heading up an invasion of China.

The USA and China is the most bizarre arms race ever. Only China is obsessed with catching up and surpassing. The USA hardly notices China until they start threatening their neighboring countries. The vast majority of Americans would laugh at you if you asked them if there was an arms race between the USA and China.
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

our chinese just should be aware of potenial enemy,lol
Quote:
lol,it is not matter of arm racing,I think it will take a long long long
time for china troops get so many good weapon,and it will be unwise
to armracing.
Quote:
Quote:
china is more vulnerable

December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I can guarantee you that the only way that the USA goes to war with China is if China is invading other countries, especially our allies. (Taiwan may or may not be enough, its hard to say for certain.) If China is true to its claim of being a peaceloving nation with no plans for attack and conquest, there no chance that the USA can ever become a threat to them.
December 8th, 2004  
ironface

Quote:
I can guarantee you that the only way that the USA goes to war with China is if China is invading other countries, especially our allies. (Taiwan may or may not be enough, its hard to say for certain.) If China is true to its claim of being a peaceloving nation with no plans for attack and conquest, there no chance that the USA can ever become a threat to them.
:P
u r really a interesting guy lol,r u a speaker of the white house?

what I want is ,no TI,no war, what human do,is make money and
learn science
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, I know my country and I know that it would take something very very big for them to get into a war with China. It would be pretty stupid to attack China for just any old reason, don't you think??

We both want peace. So do both of our nations.
December 9th, 2004  
MadeInChina

yup thats true, but generally the people on this forum, not accusing everyone, tends to like americans going to war in asia
December 9th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
We both want peace. So do both of our nations.
Sorry, but the White House doesn't talk like that anymore.