Is China Better off just letting Taiwan go and do whatever?? - Page 13

View Poll Results :Would China be better off if Taiwan were a recognized Independent Country??
Yes, Absolutely! 9 33.33%
Maybe they would... 5 18.52%
No, Definitely Not! 12 44.44%
Other (please explain) 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 7th, 2004  
kotakk

Even the chinese people cannot do anything against the chinese government.If any anyone says anything they wil just crush them off with a Tank like thaey have already done years ago.
December 7th, 2004  
MadeInChina

oi, this argument again, if you have any proof that tanks rode over people, elighten us please, i meant actual proof, not some roadkilled chicken or blown up bikes filled with ketchup
December 7th, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak88
oi, this argument again, if you have any proof that tanks rode over people, elighten us please, i meant actual proof, not some roadkilled chicken or blown up bikes filled with ketchup
Are we talking about the 64 Incident?
--
Boots
December 7th, 2004  
kotakk

It happened at tiananmen square
December 7th, 2004  
Kane

From what I recall, there is not evident proof or photos of tanks literally crushing protestors. As you might know, the Students were very very violent and killed several PLA soldiers. So in this case, this was definetily not a peaceful protest. It was a riot.

For those who believe that tanks actually crushing protestors are the victims of the western Media's ambitions to create a so-called "facinating and exclusive" tale of exagerrations, who always portray and judge any Authoritorian State as "evil".

Perhaps people who are taking Democracy for granted should thank for what they have been granted with, not to condemn others who don't believe in it.
December 7th, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
From what I recall, there is not evident proof or photos of tanks literally crushing protestors. As you might know, the Students were very very violent and killed several PLA soldiers. So in this case, this was definetily not a peaceful protest. It was a riot.

For those who believe that tanks actually crushing protestors are the victims of the western Media's ambitions to create a so-called "facinating and exclusive" tale of exagerrations, who always portray and judge any Authoritorian State as "evil".

Perhaps people who are taking Democracy for granted should thank for what they have been granted with, not to condemn others who don't believe in it.
I don't know about tanks crushing people, but there were casualties from both sides. I saw coverage on the news where a PLA soldier was burnt and his corpse hung on a stick, people definitely were way out of control. I have some friends who participated in the protest. They left the square a few nights before the incident and things seemed fine. They might've been manipulated later by only a handful of people.
December 7th, 2004  
Kane

Quote:
I don't know about tanks crushing people, but there were casualties from both sides. I saw coverage on the news where a PLA soldier was burnt and his corpse hung on a stick, people definitely were way out of control. I have some friends who participated in the protest. They left the square a few nights before the incident and things seemed fine. They might've been manipulated later by only a handful of people.
The Communist Party under Deng Xiao Peng is not responsible for the incident. A handful of people have manipulated the situation to exert their hatred against the State Police. From what I can see, the clash erupted from a confrontation between a protestor and a police officer and then later resulted into a mass riot.
December 7th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The problem with even something so horrible as what you are describing with the PLA soldier's death is: well, since you have a State Controlled media, you have no idea what things are just smoke and mirrors (clever deceptions in other words) and what is actually true. Sometime the PRC doesn't understand how we function with a media that is not State Controlled, but at the very least, that media is often accountable for providing hard information and are open to scrutiny.

Tianamen Square: You have a bunch of smart, educated, unarmed or poorly armed students protesting. They not rabid dogs and they're not complete idiots. I find it hard to believe PRC accounts of them striking first especially against well armed military, tanks, etc. Perhaps they did, but wasn't all international media sent packing before the incident?? If so, we have no good unbiased source to established the facts. Once again, the victor writes history as it suits them.
December 7th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

godofthunder9010, don't forget those Media Tyhcoon's in your country "control" ur gorvenment. This is not only my view, this the view of even West Europeans let alone other non-American people.

Majority of American people are controlled by a handfull Rich People, hence don't take a "high" stance when talking about other countries's cases, I hope, since I read from your words the "arrogance" (you may not notice that) and "ignorance" (no offence, just pointing out you don't really know other countries).
December 7th, 2004  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
godofthunder9010, don't forget those Media Tyhcoon's in your country "control" ur gorvenment. This is not only my view, this the view of even West Europeans let alone other non-American people.
Were that true John Kerry would be President