Is China Better off just letting Taiwan go and do whatever?? - Page 10

View Poll Results :Would China be better off if Taiwan were a recognized Independent Country??
Yes, Absolutely! 9 33.33%
Maybe they would... 5 18.52%
No, Definitely Not! 12 44.44%
Other (please explain) 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

December 2nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Well, in case "nukes" will be used, please notify, I say IN CASE.

I read some Chinese forumer's suggestion how the thing would be planned and done, somewhat roughly in this way:

1. First give Taiwan 1 day to cancel the "Declaration of Indepence".
If they don't listen, then:

2. Drop 1 Hot Nuke (A-bomb or H-bomb) some 1000 KM in the open sea East of Taiwan, give Taiwan another Half Day to cancel the "Declaration of Indepence". Quite nice hugh, always showing mercy and chances.
If they still don't listen, then:

3. Drop 2 Smaller Hot Nukes 300 KM from Southern Taiwan.
Again: give Taiwan another Half Day to cancel the "Declaration of Indepence".
If they still don't listen, then:

4. Drop 10 Neutron Nukes inside Sourthern Taiwan.

Again and Again escalating, until they cancelled the "Declaration of Indepence" or being destroyed completely, then they got what they want, independence, but in he*l.

Of course that post described in much more detail, I cannot remember all the stuff (quite some preperation work included too, like Ask All Pro-Unification taiwanese to move as quick as possible to Northern Taiwan, and stop all ships sailing in public sea, etc).

Of course, the post also stated that in case war broke out, then Taiwan ppl will not get the good deal like "one country 2 systems" more, they will simply be subdued and counted as a province, no special good treatment anymore like the freedom HongKong got.
December 2nd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well Frog, that's a tad more civil that it sounded on the surface. I highly doubt it gets to the point of 10 Neutron Bombs (which would have Southern Taiwan an active Gamma Fallout Zone for a decade or two).
December 2nd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Well, that number of 10 Neutron bombs is just a number made up by a poster, of course PLA got their own experts on calculating how many bombs should be used and with how much TNT in it.
--
Boots
December 3rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Well, I think we all agree that because of the PRC's pre-determination to take action in any TI declaration, Taiwan is best off leaving well enough alone and keeping things the way they are.

Of course nobody can ever win the debate on whether its "right or wrong", but the reality is that it doesn't really matter whether its right or wrong. It would be nice to hear less, "PRC has every right to do whatever ... because historically, bla, bla, bla..." and "Taiwanese have no right to declare Independence, bla, bla, bla." Just admit that your position is right because your bigger and strong. We all know that if Taiwan and China were equal size and equal military strength, PRC would do absolutely nothing if Taiwan decalred Independence.
December 3rd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

I agree.

But in life there is not that many "IF"'s.

And I believe talking about Taiwan issue with Chinese is meaningless, since we are completely determined, at ANY costs.

I feel sorry for those TI wannables, but it is simply life, life is hard.
December 3rd, 2004  
Zyca

Topic: Re: Taiwan is technically ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holderoftheblade
The UN recognizes that Taiwan is still part of China, but they continued to promote their independence, which was never valid. My people will not tolerate this. We want what is ours. We demand justice.
So do we people in Taiwan! But you win, since you are stronger. Strength always translates to justice in this world, no one can argue that!
December 3rd, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
I agree.

And I believe talking about Taiwan issue with Chinese is meaningless, since we are completely determined, at ANY costs.

Yep, I agree with that!

I actually think it's very important for PRC to claim Taiwan, it's not a matter of what you gain anymore, it's the danger of losing more than Taiwan. So at a higher level, I do understand the implication of TI for the PRC.
December 3rd, 2004  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
I agree.

Yep, I agree with that!

I actually think it's very important for PRC to claim Taiwan, it's not a matter of what you gain anymore, it's the danger of losing more than Taiwan. So at a higher level, I do understand the implication of TI for the PRC.
Why is Taiwan so important to China? Why to force taiwanese people to chinese who don't want to be them? It causes only problems in long run. The best solution would be to allow Taiwan go. It would be internationally very positive PR to China. Maybe it would bring better relationships to other countries and China could be more popular in international affairs, wich cause only foreing investments and the wealth and treasure to flow.
December 3rd, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Why is Taiwan so important to China? Why to force taiwanese people to chinese who don't want to be them? It causes only problems in long run. The best solution would be to allow Taiwan go. It would be internationally very positive PR to China. Maybe it would bring better relationships to other countries and China could be more popular in international affairs, wich cause only foreing investments and the wealth and treasure to flow.
Not very true.

1. No countries care about Taiwan except 2: USA and Japan. So internationally spoken, majority does not care at all.

2. After putting taiwan back as a Chinese province, the taiwanese will pose no trouble at all, we know their types very well, they may have a big mouth talking tough before they are subdued, but after they are conquered, they will be very soft, they are not type of Muslim fanatics at all. Actually there is a famous TV serie about their characters, held by the Most Famous Taiwanese writer LiAu, he really looks down at the taiwanese, calling them "cowards" who are only good at mouth fighting, LiAo tells Chinese people on TV, never worry about those "independence fighters" in taiwan, what they are good in is talking talking never action.
Note: LiAu holds the half hour show on Phoenix TV every day, quite interesting.
December 3rd, 2004  
EuroSpike

Not very true.

1. No countries care about Taiwan except 2: USA and Japan. So internationally spoken, majority does not care at all.

No but it surely give wide international attention where China could have good possiblities to act positively and better it's reputation on other international community.

"2. After putting taiwan back as a Chinese province, the taiwanese will pose no trouble at all, we know their types very well, they may have a big mouth talking tough before they are subdued, but after they are conquered, they will be very soft, they are not type of Muslim fanatics at all. Actually there is a famous TV serie about their characters, held by the Most Famous Taiwanese writer LiAu, he really looks down at the taiwanese, calling them "cowards" who are only good at mouth fighting, LiAo tells Chinese people on TV, never worry about those "independence fighters" in taiwan, what they are good in is talking talking never action.
Note: LiAu holds the half hour show on Phoenix TV every day, quite interesting."

Cowards or not, that i don't know. Why don't you just vote about Taiwan's independence. Let the majority of taiwanese decide the matter of independence and all would be happy without any war.