China attacking the US on human rights issue - Page 4

--
Boots

March 9th, 2005  
Boobies

Topic: Thunder...

my post was not directed at your opinions or lists of facts. The reason why China countered the US report was the US governement disregarded China's improvements, but elevated China's shortcomings with extreme prejudice (not racial prejudice).

I agree with your opinion with China's horrible track records. I just don't agree with some US politicians are doing, currently. They are trying hard to isolate and contain China with hostilities, instead of motivating it to become better. It seems like they are trying hard to create another enemy or conflicts when Russia is no longer a real or immediate threat.
March 9th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

For some inexplicable reason, the USA and its people have a bit of a blind/stupid spot with regards to Southeast Asia. Look at how long it took for us to give up the silly notion that the KMT was not actually the true government of China!

There seems to be two oldschool trains of thought in the American mindset.
1.) "Where is China again? Isn't that next to Turkey or something?"
2.) "China is scary and dangerous and we must do everything possible to thwart their evil plans."
Hopefully, such sentiments die out in a hurry.

But back on topic, certainly should uphold the standards it imposes on others. All things considered, I think we do pretty well overall in human rights. As I said, not perfect and never will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobies
It seems like they are trying hard to create another enemy or conflicts when Russia is no longer a real or immediate threat.
From what I've seen, China seems to do more to promote this notion than the USA. Chinese seem very interested in passing up the USA in every category. The USA isn't terribly interested in running a race with China and if you asked most any American if there is a new Cold War between China and the USA, they'd wonder if you were crazy.
March 9th, 2005  
MadeInChina

yo yo first post back from the past ( banned)

lol, its funny how americans often think about chinese and our government

everytime my identity is found out by americans, they always seem to come up with the stereotypical humourous chinese stuff, like do u use chopsticks( well duh), have you been to CHANGLANGGANG school of marshal arts and other things.

politically too, and im pretty happy to find at least some americans taht actuallyknew a few thigns about china in this forum, namly godofthunder

now when americans found out about chinese government saying americans human rights blahblahblah, they felt ironic inside. strangelyenough they barely even knew about the prison abuses
--
Boots
March 9th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA
politically too, and im pretty happy to find at least some americans taht actuallyknew a few thigns about china in this forum, namly godofthunder
Thank you or Your Welcome, take your pick.