China attacking the US on human rights issue

The problem is quite clear, americans wrote same report every year pointing figure on just about every country---i mean EVERY COUNTRY here. please note, it's not a joke, find the report and read it. don't get surprised that when south korea, UK, or even canada were in the book too. basiclly, you have an issue in your country, you will be on the report and waiting for an american's judgement! no wonder lots of countries were angry about this report, it is affecting their internal affairs.

it has become a tool the american government use to deal with other countries. think an iccident in your life when you want to say this, "who the hell are you? who gave you the rights to judge me?" and then read the report.

what's so offtopic?
No1, the american report is double standard. the chinese report is too, use double standred encounter double standard. you get the idea, don't like the chinese report? fine, don't start it. it's not right to make such report to judge other country!

No2, the ban is also double standard, someone mentioned it in the reply, linked it to the taiwan issue, i explained it. the arm in mainland is in case of the independent movement, not every taiwanese people, simple as that. taiwanese people should have a clear position, the ban is not important, the political movement is. lifting the ban is a blow to the seprestist.
If I haven't made myself clear enough I'll state it here that I oppose lifting the ban because I fear that China would get more advanced weapons technologies (sonar, radar, etc.) that will dramtically reduce the effectiveness of Taiwan's defensive weapons.

if you don't want to read it, fine, anyways, i will move them to another thread then.

Zyca said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3840-2005Mar3.html
All I get is a page asking me if I want to sign up for the Washington Post. Mind you, I don't generally trust every little thing that the Washington Post says, but I have no idea what was said in this circumstance.

washington post is somehow a bit right-wing..

spreading lots of stuff of China's threat or something

look at all those recent news: china got new nuke sub, china will have 100 multi-head missile pointing at U.S soon, china adds 8 more DF-31, bla bla bla

godofthunder9010 said:
Zyca said:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3840-2005Mar3.html
All I get is a page asking me if I want to sign up for the Washington Post. Mind you, I don't generally trust every little thing that the Washington Post says, but I have no idea what was said in this circumstance.

It was on several other news media too. I read all of them to get a general picture. Some media focus on certain news while others focus on something else...

But the link was just stating that China said the US has double standards in dealing with human rights issue.

Clearly, no perfect Army nor Nation nor Police Force has ever truly existed in human history. Americans are not perfect angels, just exactly like everyone else in the world today and throughout history. We are happy to plead guilty. Because instances of wrongdoing are extremely visible to the public via a non-State Controlled media, we are in a good position to address valid concerns as they arise. We will never be perfect, but that does not preclude trying.

But seriously, let me add my voice to the overwhelming, "He who lives in glass houses should not throw stones." sentiment. Under the rulership of the PRC, tens of millions of its citizens have died. Most of those were "executed", an fancy term for state sanctioned murder. The government of China was vigorously trying to erradicate ancient Chinese Culture and Religion. Consider that the first Qin Emperor and Empress Wu were also responsible for broad scale human massacre of their own people. Each of those rulers slaughtered over 100,000 of their own people during times of peace. There are many other examples that could pointed to. We can say that the terrors of the recent past (Cultural Revolution and Great Leap Forward) are a thing of the past, but the memory is still fresh, and there is no guarantees that something similar couldn't happen again.

The United States has nothing in its history that can even come close to comparing. The Native Americans is perhaps as close as you get. And yet, bear in mind that the vast vast majority of their deaths was caused inadvertantly by European American diseases that Native Americans had no resistence to. Also, that was a very long time ago.

Hmmm...

Did China refuse facts of the China's human rights violation in the report? Did the US governement chose to ignore the improvements or efforts China has made, but keep blasting how inhumane China is?

If you want to have someone do something, do you keep telling him/her how skillless he/she is? Or, do you praise his/her improvements and motivates him/her to do some more?

Re: Hmmm...

Boobies said:
Did China refuse facts of the China's human rights violation in the report?
Are you suggesting that China has been forthcoming and fully disclosed all of its human rights abuses? They still have a State-run media that can dole out fact or fiction however it sees fit, and China has definitely not come clean in this department. There are far far too many cases the "official" account somehow doesn't add up. I am not about to take sides over Tianamen Square because we honestly don't know for certain what happened (largely thanks to the PRC's control of the media). One seemingly reliable source puts civilian deaths at 2,900 (the Chinese Red Cross). The "official" PRC tally is 200-300 or so. The truth? Nobody really knows as far as I'm concerned. Nobody CAN know. Because I DON"T know, I am in no position to say who was right and who was wrong, and I am simply not going there.

At the very least, the PRC learned a valuable lesson about having nonlethal arms on hand (they simply didn't have any at Tianamen Square). That is admirable progress on the PRC's part, but we still have nothing but confusion about what really happened at Tianamen Square.

Did the US governement chose to ignore the improvements or efforts China has made, but keep blasting how inhumane China is?

If you want to have someone do something, do you keep telling him/her how skillless he/she is? Or, do you praise his/her improvements and motivates him/her to do some more?
I would certainly hope that China is motivated by more than US praise or the lack thereof. Yes, China has improved lately and this is promising, but the future is a real ***** to predict and China has a lot of history of massacring its own people for one reason or another. Same government with a lousy track record. I am optimistic about future prospects of course. Things are going in the right direction.

Thunder...

my post was not directed at your opinions or lists of facts. The reason why China countered the US report was the US governement disregarded China's improvements, but elevated China's shortcomings with extreme prejudice (not racial prejudice).

I agree with your opinion with China's horrible track records. I just don't agree with some US politicians are doing, currently. They are trying hard to isolate and contain China with hostilities, instead of motivating it to become better. It seems like they are trying hard to create another enemy or conflicts when Russia is no longer a real or immediate threat.

For some inexplicable reason, the USA and its people have a bit of a blind/stupid spot with regards to Southeast Asia. Look at how long it took for us to give up the silly notion that the KMT was not actually the true government of China!

There seems to be two oldschool trains of thought in the American mindset.
1.) "Where is China again? Isn't that next to Turkey or something?"
2.) "China is scary and dangerous and we must do everything possible to thwart their evil plans."
Hopefully, such sentiments die out in a hurry.

But back on topic, certainly should uphold the standards it imposes on others. All things considered, I think we do pretty well overall in human rights. As I said, not perfect and never will be.

Boobies said:
It seems like they are trying hard to create another enemy or conflicts when Russia is no longer a real or immediate threat.
From what I've seen, China seems to do more to promote this notion than the USA. Chinese seem very interested in passing up the USA in every category. The USA isn't terribly interested in running a race with China and if you asked most any American if there is a new Cold War between China and the USA, they'd wonder if you were crazy.

yo yo first post back from the past ( banned)

lol, its funny how americans often think about chinese and our government

everytime my identity is found out by americans, they always seem to come up with the stereotypical humourous chinese stuff, like do u use chopsticks( well duh), have you been to CHANGLANGGANG school of marshal arts and other things.

politically too, and im pretty happy to find at least some americans taht actuallyknew a few thigns about china in this forum, namly godofthunder

now when americans found out about chinese government saying americans human rights blahblahblah, they felt ironic inside. strangelyenough they barely even knew about the prison abuses :roll:

Back