China' army

--
Boots

December 30th, 2004  
gingerbeard

Topic: China' army

Do you think the chinese army, at present and in the future, will be what kind of power?

is the chinese army more powerful than ever?
http://english.people.com.cn/english...017_52801.html

or weak?
December 30th, 2004  
Snauhi

i think that this topic are going to be locked...

Its thousands of those topics, just press tht search button
January 1st, 2005  
rocco

last time i saw china fight, they were still using human waves... man power is worthless unless it is well organised and well equiped.
at this point, the only thing that makes china a superpower of any sort "militarily" is its nukes... its indiginously made equipment are simply replicants of other vehicles. However currently china is moving forward, by reducing its army into smaller better trained units, and it is also aquiring better equipment... Time will tell.

p.s. this does not mean that china is a pushover, but the leading armies of today, Pound for pound, are ahead of china in conventional warfare if you ask me.
--
Boots
January 1st, 2005  
gingerbeard

not really, china has already produced one of the best tank in the world by its own without any support from foreign countries:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=32501 - 22k

the chinese have developed the best tank in the world for the pakistani, whcih is the MBT 2000

chinese subs are not too bad, since it entered the japanese border without she knowing it.
also the chinese has brought alot of russian subs, not even the us could detect them.

also china's airforce has brought alot of Su30. china's airforce was using Su 27 mainly. but they are scrapping that now.

what china lack of is carriers, advance bombers, and landing crafts for marines etc... but soon will change since they are alreadying making landing crafts.
January 1st, 2005  
gingerbeard

you see, that was in the korean war, and also you must notice one thing about the chinese army, the US has underestimated them. the chinese uses outdatedweapons from the russians and still put up a good fight with the US, and evetually no one really wins.

and really after WW2, the chinese army havent lost in any war after that.

today china hs this kind of economy, industry and technonlogy, surely its going to be tough for the enermies. the gaps of technology between china and US is getting so much more closer now (not saying US is going to the enermies, but u know what i mean). at least the chinese can launch someone in space, which proves their missiles and their technology are very advance. you got to know its not easy to keep someone in space for a whole day. alot of calculations, and rocket technology has provided it. and also RESORCES.

the chinese army is also developing in a thunderous rate
January 1st, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
The magazine said the tank will feature a huge 152 mm main gun with an automatic loader that, when coupled with a new advanced aiming system, will enable the tank to fire on the move with high first-hit-first-kill capability.

The U.S. military's M1A2 Abrams MBT, which is generally considered one of the world's best tanks, features only a 120 mm M256 smoothbore gun, developed by Rheinmetall GmbH of Germany. It, too, can fire while in motion and has a high first-shot capability.
I'm not a tank crewman but those on the forum that are generally despise autoloaders for various reasons. For one thing, autoloaders can break down. For another, a well trained tank crew can fire more quickly using a manual loader system.

152 smoothbore would be both a blessing and a curse. Bear in mind, bigger is not always better. The M1a2 will be able to carry more ammunition for its main gun that this Chinese tank with a 152mm. Additionally, its unnecessary overkill: a 120mm depleted uranium shell scoring a direct hit is going to kill its target (baring divine intervention). The useful thing about loading a 152mm would be the fact that you can use your MBT as a Self Propelled Artillery.

None of the other capabilities of said tank are listed in the article, so there is no clear way to say "it is better".

China has a solid military. Anyone underestimating them is very very foolish. It also has plenty of room for improvement.
January 2nd, 2005  
Snauhi

I dont know the the "super" new tank, but i know that type-98 is a copy of T-72..
January 2nd, 2005  
texasrebel211

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeard
not really, china has already produced one of the best tank in the world by its own without any support from foreign countries
actually russia has helped them with 99 percent of their miltary equipment including this tank
January 3rd, 2005  
Marksman

u know,since cold war,world separated to ones who liked western type of equipment and ones who liked east type,so id say that PLA army was inspired by numerous russian equipment,and made their own models,since i dont think that a country can just take anothers tank design to details,beacouse that tank was made due to the needs of that country including factors like moveabillity,agility,and speed on their type of soil.Bottom line,PLA army is not the one ud like to mess around with
January 3rd, 2005  
CABAL

Although the Type 98 does have a lot of design influences of the T-72 does not means that the weapon systems onboard will result in the same performance Snauhi. What is most important also is the crewmen, tactics, and the onboard computer technology.

Surprisingly, I've heard that the Chinese are developing some sort of ECM countermeasures that can significantly boost the effeciency of their tanks.