China' army - Page 8

--
Boots

January 7th, 2005  
gingerbeard

Researchers plan advanced medium utility aircraft that could rival Agusta/Bell AB139

China has launched a project to develop a 6,000kg (13,200lb) civil helicopter that may compete against the new Agusta/Bell AB139.

The China Helicopter Research and Design Institute (CHRDI) is designing the advanced medium utility helicopter and it displayed a model of the aircraft for the first time last week at the Zhuhai air show.

The director of CHRDI's international co-operation department, Huan Lan, says so far the helicopter is based entirely on indigenous Chinese technologies, although it resembles the AB139. Huan says CHRDI is considering proposals from several Western and Chinese engine manufacturers and will later consider partnering a Western helicopter manufacturer to help develop core parts.

"If necessary we will be looking for a foreign partner to develop the helicopter, provided both sides are willing and there is a co-operative agreement," Huan says.

Western manufacturers expect China will need help developing the rotor blades, gearbox and drive system and believe Eurocopter may have already provided some technology. But Huan says CHRDI has not yet decided which parts, if any, will be developed jointly with Western manufacturers.

AgustaWestland chief executive Amedeo Caporaletti says Agusta is open to co-operating on the project despite the similarities with the AB139. "The 139 is a unique helicopter. Nobody can reverse engineer such a helicopter," he says, adding that to develop an aircraft like the AB139 would take eight to nine years.

Huan says the helicopter will fly in three to four years. CHRDI parent China Aviation Industries II has not yet formally decided which of its factories will manufacture the new helicopter, but it is expected to be Harbin. Sales will be targeted at operators in the transport, offshore oil, medical evacuation, maritime patrol and search and rescue sectors. The advanced medium utility helicopter would be China's fourth indigenous civilian helicopter following the 2,000kg Z-11, 4,000kg Z-9 and 13,000kg Z-8.

BRENDAN SOBIE / ZHUHAI

http://www.flightinternational.com/f...txtTotalRecs=6
January 7th, 2005  
gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
"if u see the news, u will always hear how gd the chinese missles were. "

if we see YOUR news
[/quote]

Please give some educated comment please.

Military Aviation

China’s Military Missiles Take Center Stage at Air Show

URL of this article:
http://www.defensetalk.com/news/publ...aviation.shtml
Nov 2, 2004, 13:18

Chinese military missiles took centre stage at the Zhuhai air show Nov. 2 with the debut showing of some 100 weapons and aerospace products, showcasing the country’s economic and military might.

Two views of the latest L15 Chinese advanced training plane (poster, bottom) at a trade hall prior to the start of the Zhuhai Airshow. AFP
It marked the first time China has openly sold missiles at the China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition, the only air show in the country and now in its fifth year, military commentators said.

"This is the first time the Chinese are displaying surface-to-surface missiles. Surface-to-surface missile technology is very sensitive in the international market," said Andrei Pinkov, who writes for Jane’s Defense Weekly.

Picture of L-15 and rest of the story:
http://www.defensetalk.com/news/publ...aviation.shtml
January 7th, 2005  
gingerbeard

*China upgrades Type 63A light tank
The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) has upgraded its Type 63A amphibious light tank (pictured) with the addition of an active laser defence system, according to Beijing-based sources. The PLA is believed to have about 100 Type 63As, which is an enhanced version of the Norinco Type 63 amphibious light ...
29-Sep-2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beijing seeks more engines from Ukraine
China is in talks with Ukraine to obtain 42 Motor Sich AI-25TLK turbofan engines to power its NAMC JL-8 (K-8) basic jet trainer/light attack jet. The talks follow up on 58 engines ordered in 1997 and since delivered. To date, the AI-25TLK has been used to power JL-8s for the ...
29-Sep-2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planned PLA restructure not apparent
A major military restructuring widely expected to follow China's announcement last year of cutbacks to the People's Liberation Army (PLA) of some 200,000 personnel has yet to become apparent. "It seems they are not quite sure of how to bring it off," one Beijing-based analyst suggests. Significant restructuring of the PLA was evident after two previous troop cuts initiated since the mid-1980s. The first of these, launched in 1985, sought ...
29-Sep-2004

Full story:
http://jdw.janes.com/
--
Boots
January 7th, 2005  
gingerbeard

so? do u still think the chinese army have no gd weapons or technology of its own? well ur news then must be a few years old then.
January 7th, 2005  
CABAL

Massive military buildup and poliferation indeed.

Many of these new weapons are relatively unknown to the entire world.

Strange, I was watching a NBC Nightly News Tom Brokaw Interview. He wished that he can live 215 years more to see the nation of China in the future.
January 7th, 2005  
gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
quote]

The point about Chaing Kaishek is simple: he may have been corrupt. He may have been a completely terrible person. But he was pushing China toward developing technologically and economically, patterned after what was working in Western Culture. Communism did China no favors IMHO.
in fact the communist gov did alot for china. if the nationalist stayed i wonder if china could ever catch up so quickly today with other superpowers. due to corruption was rampant. if China rely on US then i bet US will make china into a puppet state. and honestly democracy doesnt work at the time after WW2, everything is in a bad state, the government will not be efficent enough to tell its people to work. i do admit the communist did alot of bad as well.

the communist gov. united its people to achieve its goals, everyone has to support it no matter how u feel, tho the cultural revolution and great leap forward has miserable effect. but still just look at the achievement today.

if demorcacy happens at china in that time, china is made up of 54 minorities, what would this be like if every 54 minorities voted differeantly to each other??? even if someone is appointed, the other 53 minrities would rebel or cause trouble since china after WW2 is in a big mess. in fact only a state police and army are needed to put terror and order to those who dared to rebel. democracy dun work when majority of people have different goals, and democracy hinders its country at doing something, since not everyone agree to it and have the freedom to not support it. i think u saw that at the vietnam war.
democracy doesnt always work, u got to keep that in mind, perfect example is india. i bet if india had a government like china, those people would abandon their caste system and will be able to control the population bloom better. each system has weakness and strengths, dun just look in the strenght just because there is success in US and the west. remember Hitler, Stalin and other powerful nations were made by dictators. if Germany in 1930s never changed its democracy then i do not think germany had the power and tech to wage war.
if democracy is always right? then why made the wrong decision to go to war in iraq?????
January 7th, 2005  
Kane

Here is what I know from Chinese History...I think:

During the nearing end of the Qing Dynasty, the Boxer Rebellion, Opium War, and the Sino-Japanese War made Qing officials to realize that China's isolationist policies have not benefitted the country at all and have lagged behind other Imperial Nations as well. Economic Reforms and Industrial reforms have started after the urgency to catch up, but instead the Powerful Dowager Empress Cixi put a halt on these reforms and executed the advocates of the reformers. So instead, with all the money that is used to modernize and change China's economic policies, she instead built luxurious palaces for her pleasures. As a result, for 200 years under Qing Rule, China was prevented to modernize just by the few very powerful extremely Conservative Irrational Qing leaders who threw China into Humiliation.

Cabal was right, it's not Communists or Guimingtang Party that threw China a step backward, it was the Qing Dynasty who did relatively nothing to modernize, control the revolts and warlords across the vast regions of China, and to promote new ideas.

And Gingerbread, just keep in mind that the United States Government does not basically functions as a Direct Democracy. And please leave Iraq Situation aside for a moment will you?
January 7th, 2005  
gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Here is what I know from Chinese History...I think:

During the nearing end of the Qing Dynasty, the Boxer Rebellion, Opium War, and the Sino-Japanese War made Qing officials to realize that China's isolationist policies have not benefitted the country at all and have lagged behind other Imperial Nations as well. Economic Reforms and Industrial reforms have started after the urgency to catch up, but instead the Powerful Dowager Empress Cixi put a halt on these reforms and executed the advocates of the reformers. So instead, with all the money that is used to modernize and change China's economic policies, she instead built luxurious palaces for her pleasures. As a result, for 200 years under Qing Rule, China was prevented to modernize just by the few very powerful extremely Conservative Irrational Qing leaders who threw China into Humiliation.

Cabal was right, it's not Communists or Guimingtang Party that threw China a step backward, it was the Qing Dynasty who did relatively nothing to modernize, control the revolts and warlords across the vast regions of China, and to promote new ideas.

And Gingerbread, just keep in mind that the United States Government does not basically functions as a Direct Democracy. And please leave Iraq Situation aside for a moment will you?
i never said that was wrong, but i never thought u guys went to discuss this about the history of china, surely was the Qing dynasty, and all the sino-japanese war etc.... when the nationalist took over china was better runned than it was before, and in fact alot of people in china hated the nationalist after WW2 due to the fact that it was very corrupted, because they still use some old Qing officials and generals whom were corrupted as uit was in the Qing. and also some prominant members of the nationalist turned to japanese so this lead ot a bad image of nationlist rule in china. and unwillings to cooperate to fight the japanese with the communists when japan invaded until they kidnap Cheak Chai Shek.
so when the communist took over the chinese people rejoiced, even after the great leap and cultural revolution did great damage, but after that achievement was great. and this achievement took away people's minds about the great disaster of the cultural revolution and the great leap.

maybe u want to know more, before empress Cixi, the reforms started, and china do have ironclads, but the reform was just started. the emperor died, empress Cixi took the chance to seize power and imprisioned his own son and she took power alone. and u know? the cannon balls on the ships at the time of empress Cixi was fake too, they were sand balls glued together. army was under trained and the army still used horse archers while the west uses guns and artillary. alot of cannons on the coastal defense were fake, just to scared off the invaders. the army had lack of funds to train its men properly, most of the army are pretty much peasants with a spear. the disunity of Warlords each wanted to take another weaker state next to it, and unwillingness to support the country, each acts on their own interest. in fact there was a very gd general (i forgot his name), he was unwilling to help the Qing to pretend he was ill all the time. until in 1913-14 (i think!), he seized power and he was pretty much an absolute dictator in a sense, but he died pretty soon after he took control. empress Cixi supported the Boxer rebellion at the start, but later disclaim to be since the tide was turning against them whent he 8 countries came into china to solve them out. they made china pay a hugh amount of money, and the brits set fire to the forbidden city.
if u want to know more chinese history, just tell me i can try to find them for u.

of course i know US isnt a direct democracy, but the fact i am trying to point out that every country runs in a democray suffers this effect. so democracy isnt always great.
January 7th, 2005  
Kane

Quote:
but i never thought u guys went to discuss this about the history of china, surely was the Qing dynasty, and all the sino-japanese war etc....
Well, China's current military learned lessons from the past. Ancient or Modern, they all teach valuable lessons.

Either than that, I've got this new sparking interest in Chinese Ancient Culture and History ever since I've seen the movie "House of Flying Daggers" just released here in the US during last December. The movie dates back in the end of the Tang Dynasty during a period of corruption, disunity, underground resistance, and violence.

Speaking of "House of Flying Daggers", I've noticed that you come from HK. I'm sure that you have no problem of identifying the English title do you?
January 7th, 2005  
Sexybeast

thanks for so many nice articles there beard buddy, i am well-impressed

but i have a question or u can say a concern,

the corruption within PLA, we all know there are certain degree of corruption within chinese government (due to lack of media freedom u can say),

anyone here closely associated with PLA? tell us something about it?

and PLA is a conscription army, the average education level of PLA soldiers are still pretty low from wut i ve heard,

but there is also good news, it seeems PLA now rises the percentage of voluteer soldiers and increase their salaries