China' army - Page 2

--
Boots

January 3rd, 2005  
Marksman

Quote:
Although the Type 88 does have a lot of design influences of the T-72 does not means that the weapon systems onboard will result in the same performance Snauhi. What is most important also is the crewmen, tactics, and the onboard computer technology.

Surprisingly, I've heard that the Chinese are developing some sort of ECM countermeasures that can significantly boost the effeciency of their tanks.
there u go snauhi,a wise man has spoken...................he told everything i did in conventional english
January 3rd, 2005  
CABAL

You can't just judge by looks. The military is not primarily a showcase for the people.
January 3rd, 2005  
Marksman

most certanly not,but what i dont like in PLA army is that bull-pup type rifle..............i hate bull-pup's,im a bit off am i?
--
Boots
January 3rd, 2005  
Locke

why? whats wrong will bullpups?
the styer-AUG and the other which the aussie army use are meant to be good solid weapons
January 3rd, 2005  
Marksman

yes but i just dont like the system,at least not on larger calibers.......
January 3rd, 2005  
texasrebel211

there are some decent bull-pup rifles but a lot of that goes to preference

i personally like to shoot the regular style ones although i love the P90, which is kind of a weird bull-pup if you can call it that
January 3rd, 2005  
CABAL

Quote:
The M1a2 will be able to carry more ammunition for its main gun that this Chinese tank with a 152mm. Additionally, its unnecessary overkill: a 120mm depleted uranium shell scoring a direct hit is going to kill its target (baring divine intervention). The useful thing about loading a 152mm would be the fact that you can use your MBT as a Self Propelled Artillery.

None of the other capabilities of said tank are listed in the article, so there is no clear way to say "it is better".
"Size matters not." - Yoda

They're not going to go along with that "size does not matter" rhetoric, the Chinese Mentality goes as "I am big, I must be large and huge."
January 3rd, 2005  
Regisvo

to Mr.Cabal

We are changing.

The newest issued pics of type ZTZ-99 Chinese MBT with 125mm main gun.
ZTZ-99 pic-1
ZTZ-99 pic-2
ZTZ-99 pic-3

If you can read Chinese this is the URL of China.com's military pic gallery.
http://military.china.com/zh_cn/blade/zg/index.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.godofthunder9010
152 smoothbore would be both a blessing and a curse. Bear in mind, bigger is not always better. The M1a2 will be able to carry more ammunition for its main gun that this Chinese tank with a 152mm. Additionally, its unnecessary overkill: a 120mm depleted uranium shell scoring a direct hit is going to kill its target (baring divine intervention). The useful thing about loading a 152mm would be the fact that you can use your MBT as a Self Propelled Artillery.
Hey, man, It's very funny, but the caliber of Chinese type 98 MBT is 125mm, not 152mm. And funny new year.
January 3rd, 2005  
gingerbeard

shows that he is not a tank military expert as he said before lol.

U say the abram will destory its target in its first hit. well actually it doesnt, the challenger in the iraq war has been accedently shot by an abram but the shell just simply bounced off, and the US lost abrams in the war while the UK didnt, it lost 1 challenger cos another challenger accendently shot its own kind.

the new tank uses composite ceramic armour in the new chinese tanks, i dunno how gd these armour are tho. but surely if the press says its one of the best tank in the world. it aint going to be too bad.
January 3rd, 2005  
gingerbeard

i think people should read the specifications on the tank. and oh yea, the chinese policy isnt on about being big a hugh. the chinese pholisopy already teaches the chinese that size doesnt matter already. it has a large army due to the fact that it had poor technology before and therefore uses men to replace the flaw. now its changing, and its changing very very quickly.

and u got to know. the chinese will uses unrestricted warfare, which means hacking into systems and disabling computer devices. didnt u know that the chinese hackers are even more efficent than the CIA? just find it on the web, its all there