China' army - Page 15

--
Boots

January 18th, 2005  
A Can of Man

I got pretty mixed responses myself.
I've heard on some individual basis some apologies about what Japan did in World War II. Now I told them thanks but it wasn't neccessary because they (the guy who's apologizing) didn't do it. However politicians will be politicians.
Although we cannot forget the past, I believe the present and future is more important.
The tricky part for South Korea is that we already got our compensation during president Park Jung-hee's time. That money was used to kickstart the massive economic boom South Korea would experience in the 70s and 80s.
Don't know China's story though. I guess they missed out on the handout because of the Cold War.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k19
Although the North Koran problem could also lead to a possible war, but I don’t think it posts a major thread leading to a U.S –China conflicts, but instead, might be an opportunity of trading North Koran with Taiwan.

I believe for the next 10 years or so, Japan will not be left off the chart when comes with Asian possible conflicts, expecially with Taiwan issue, Japan will try to mess with it, as this nation had done in the past, and what they do now. To prevent any possible of armed conflicts that could lead billions of people to disaster, maintain public watches on Japan’s political movement and military movement is necessary and should be start doing.
Hands off North Korea. You're not "trading" them for anything because it doesn't belong to you.
January 18th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Friendlier relations between the nations of SE Asia as well as friendlier relations to the USA is making good progress. The one biggest hangup (IMHO) is Japan's denial issues. It makes a huge mess of everything and doesn't benefit anyone. Thanks to stubborn Japanese politics, its a reality that doesn't seem likely to go away anytime soon.
January 18th, 2005  
Sexybeast

i ve read an anology somewhere talking about China-North korea-U.S

China is a big family living in a castle-sort estate. U.S is an extremely powerful and skillful bandit....China hates U.S yet does not want to piss U.S off and being robbed...but china cannot stand to see U.S becoming powerful and powerful everyday..China decides to hire and support a even worse bandit called North korea to fight with U.S, now U.S is occupied to fight with North korea, who is recieving help secretly from china for getting away U.S's attention....

someone up that said north korea is not china's and china should get off its hands...Well....wut u said does not work in china cuz lots of chinese soldiers' bodies still lay in north korea, ppl cannot just threw away something their parents and grandparents have fought for so hard...
--
Boots
January 19th, 2005  
k19

The total mistake that westerner make for china’s issue is that they use their ideology to try to impost it on a far complicated country with far complicated history. For the past 2 centuries, the rising so called-western countries has a very simple history, invasion, expansion, more power, invasion and expansion……the people after 2 centuries still carries this ideology because it used to work and still trying to make it work in the western countries. But china was a totally opposite story. After 2 centuries of torture, and lost of 1/3 of its land, 20 countries armies occupying the whole land, what made the Chinese so united on many issues is that it can no long to see another such history plays again, but not necessarily to revenge. Maybe your westerner doesn’t really seem it as a big deal to fight an extreme war for a piece of junk land and nobody couldn’t even live there, but it is a punch on the wound to China.

Just like I said before, if the U.N force did not start bombing some of the Chinese cities near the border, and American generals threaten to throw nukes to us. I don’t think China even would enter the North Korea to fight for a foreign country especially lost the opportunity to unite Taiwan. Many Chinese people regret that action with this sense. Put you in a Chinese’s situation, what is more important to the Chinese people, North Korea or Taiwan? And not even consider that North Korea is for more closer to soviet than Taiwan. But, the question turned, what is more of a thread, when a world army was just on the other side of a river, or Taiwan? Especially last time that happen to china, was 1840, and a nightmare that still hunt too many Chinese people. Check the history, how would a stupid country like North Korea fight a war with the population of 10 million compared to 20 in south and with an international support? The Soviet backed North Korean action probably shocked China more than they did to the world. Also put the nuclear weapon in perspective, without any nuclear power, North Korea is curial to China’s security.

But today, the situation turned, no one will still lunch a war with the standing army at the border, so what is the point to defend the North Korea once again? The missing component of North Korea probably is more benefiting to China, other open border zone to the world economy perhaps. But who won’t have a vest on there body in a “war zone” no matter how lack of protection it can provide for as long as you can keep it. The U.S also realized that, China can live without North Korea. That’s why when time moves on; the North Korean is feeling more threaded. Trading Taiwan with North Korea isn’t a daydream, or impossible idea, but a reality.
January 19th, 2005  
A Can of Man

And France belongs to America right? And the annexation of Eastern Europe by the USSR was righteous then?
See? this is the problem with China's thinking. You don't dive in someplace, help them with a problem and then expect the reward for doing so is complete control over that country (i.e. decide to stay). This mentality has been a problem between China and Korea thorughout the ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
someone up that said north korea is not china's and china should get off its hands...Well....wut u said does not work in china cuz lots of chinese soldiers' bodies still lay in north korea, ppl cannot just threw away something their parents and grandparents have fought for so hard...
k19, you never really made a case for why it's possible to "trade" North Korea for Taiwan.

And in any case, this sounds a lot more like a diplomacy thing than an Army thing.
January 19th, 2005  
Sexybeast

i dont know wut u r talking about France and U.S stuff...
Chinese soldier died there for the benifit of their own country and as a result, China now greatly influences North Korea now..chinese soldiers' blood was the price for China to have a strategic ally to fight with U.S...

i dont know about wut south koreans are thinking..and espeically wut u r thinking....but i am sure U.S also won't let south korea to kick out its forces there, U.S soldiers died there too to exchange for a loyal ally , South korea
January 19th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
i dont know about wut south koreans are thinking..and espeically wut u r thinking....but i am sure U.S also won't let south korea to kick out its forces there, U.S soldiers died there too to exchange for a loyal ally , South korea
Sexybeast, generalizing about an entire population is not allowed here at the forum. Ypu will offend anyone from that country by doing so. I will not tolerate any more such generalizations. This is your second warning!!!!

SGT Doody
January 19th, 2005  
Chinaman

sigh.

redneck 13, please dont spew out bad comments and other opinions on the chiense who shed their blood to fight for a group of people htey barely even knew.

the honor many of these volunteers took is gigantic, nearly 90% are volunteers and 10% are officers

im serious, dont go around pissing on somebody's honors and services and the blood they shed, that would piss me off 2 because ive got family members who defended north korea
January 19th, 2005  
Sexybeast

i doubt he really cares about others' feeling than just talking about something he doesn't really know...

wut u said last time?? chinese went to learn confuciusim from korea??? LMAO
January 19th, 2005  
Chinaman

i didntsay that

meh, the same people that thought the 3 kingdoms was wrote by confucious, apparently the only person they know china has is confucious, mao and yaoming