China' army - Page 14

--
Boots

January 13th, 2005  
Regisvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cabal
Do you have the official spefications? A link would be greatly appreciated.
Very sorry. I can't find.

Hey! Has any Chinese gentleman here found a appropriate link?
January 14th, 2005  
Sexybeast

there are lots of photoes showing ztz-99, pretty unique
January 15th, 2005  
k19

Just spent last hour to read all the replies on the topic, personally, I don’t think Chinese military build up post any major thread, any country should have a suitable military compare to their economic power and political power, unless the nation is irresponsible, and post serious thread before, they should only have a limited military. Nobody want to see a U.S –China conflicts, it’s simply unimaginable, so, please be realistic. however, there are some potential threads that could lead to a unwanted U.S –China conflicts, which will really benefits no one.

I was surprised that how American and English news Medias cover "the English Prince Harry Nazi Dressing" incidence, and how people react to it. What really confused me is that why western people see it as a very big deal, but when the pre-minister of Japan--one of the three former axis of evil, can go to the temple to honor the war criminals year after year, and the Japanese right-wing can dress up with WW2 clothes dancing on the street without any problem and never get world’s attention. After suffering 50,000,000 death and injures in WW2 in china alone, people's live went backwards tens of years, and billions dollars damages done by the Japanese, it's really not quite hard to understand Chinese people's anger isn't it; With the kindness of Chinese people, who even revived the entire national war indemnity, then Japanese government uses this as a excuse to deny any indemnity for any Chinese individuals' law suits who suffered so much at that time(such as force labors, women been raped...), 300,000 people in a city been reduced to less than hundreds survivors who are been left out to clean the dead.... it's really not quite hard to understand Chinese people's anger isn't it. That’s only the part of it; Japan never had peace toward china in the history before WW2 as well, Endless disturbing assaults and rubbings happened throughout the coast cities in the past 500 years.

Maybe U.S was wrong, they should kill the imperial of Japan, after he had so many people’s lives and blood on hands, and punish the Japanese even harder, because you can never trust a country like Japan, even war is too humanized comparing to what Japanese had done, pearl harbor is just a classic act from the Japanese. It will come back to hunt you all over again.

Why I am saying this? I have a good reason for it. Although it looks like China and U.S have some difficulty to have common on many things, I still don't think these two nations will have any major conflicts in the future, or at least start by either one of those two countries. By their size, power and influence on the world, and also the economic ties, they will more likely playing the political games rather than the REAL “war game”. We are competitors but not deep enemies; I don't even think the Taiwan problem will drag the two nations into deep trouble water, IF ONLY without other countries' involvements. Chinese do respect American’s power, and the Americans respect Chinese as well, and Taiwan, it will just have to live with it, it will be impossible to go independent without U.S support and to do so, the outcome is loud and clear. No crushed by China and NO independence either-- that’s the best possible outcome both Chinese and U.S want to see, at least for next 20 years.

Although when the U.S wanted just that, other factors might change, and lead to a totally different situation. To be point out, although Japan and the U.S seems have the same policy regarding on Taiwan, but the reality is Japan has very different views on this. About 90% of the oil shipments have to go over the Chinese Taiwan region and for an island country like Japan, it is a matter of live and death situation when China completely control the island of Taiwan. Japan much prefers to have Taiwan separate out of mainland, way more than the U.S wanted. And one day, Japan will try to cut in the Taiwan issue and post a potential danger to shift the balance. Recently, Japan ignored china's warnings, allowed the former "Taiwan’s president", a separatist, to visit Japan, sent a very dangerous message. No doubt, one day, if Japan has anything to do with Taiwan’s independence, china will not waste any time to punish Japan and also post it as a warning to other countries to stay out of this. But basing on the "sweet" U.S- Japan relations, the defense coalition agreement, U.S might have to get involved and send troops to an unnecessary long lasting endless war.

Another possible trigger might be the china-Japan border conflicts and energy conflicts, it's also getting more intense every year, and two energy anger nations play with fire, it is a nations future and means a war possible factor. to be noticed, there has no top officials meetings between china and Japan for almost 3 years,(except a short unfriendly talk at the APEC meeting last year)neither sides seems want to back up. This can also trigger the linked effects and add up the Taiwan conflicts to a more large mess situationas well.

Although the North Koran problem could also lead to a possible war, but I don’t think it posts a major thread leading to a U.S –China conflicts, but instead, might be an opportunity of trading North Koran with Taiwan.

I believe for the next 10 years or so, Japan will not be left off the chart when comes with Asian possible conflicts, expecially with Taiwan issue, Japan will try to mess with it, as this nation had done in the past, and what they do now. To prevent any possible of armed conflicts that could lead billions of people to disaster, maintain public watches on Japan’s political movement and military movement is necessary and should be start doing.
--
Boots
January 16th, 2005  
Sexybeast

en......nice logic on the comparing between Prince Harry's nazi uniform and Japanese prime minister's visit to the war criminal temple
January 16th, 2005  
Chinaman

why didnt the japs pay? mainly because they dont have the resource, wealth or enough appoligies to do so for the chinese/

it will probably take around an estimated a 1000 billion dollars, perhaps more, to repay china for jap crime.

simply they dont have the time and wealth to pay back, we chinese are so nice we let them off without an apology and payment because we at that time wanted to stabalize the world situation, such sacrifice is among the largest in the world

now we wanted an official appology and some money paid to families that have been brutalized by japs, but they are too ingorant and racist to do so, such actions would lead to war soon

so many westerns tell me to drop the case on japs, ROFLS, but its simply a matter of principle, millions of lives and billions dollars worth of damage have been desoryed, for nothing?????

i may be a bit too edgy with terms like japs, but dont get offended, its nothign aginist them
January 17th, 2005  
Archit

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrebel211
actually russia has helped them with 99 percent of their miltary equipment including this tank
If you said these words in 1950s and 1960s,it was true.

But now, it is not so.

Russia will not supply the most advanced weapons to China of course.Just as USA will not sold their F15 to every country who wanar get it.

Also,China never give up develop weapons technology by themselves.
January 17th, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by paratroopa
why didnt the japs pay? mainly because they dont have the resource, wealth or enough appoligies to do so for the chinese/

it will probably take around an estimated a 1000 billion dollars, perhaps more, to repay china for jap crime.

simply they dont have the time and wealth to pay back, we chinese are so nice we let them off without an apology and payment because we at that time wanted to stabalize the world situation, such sacrifice is among the largest in the world

now we wanted an official appology and some money paid to families that have been brutalized by japs, but they are too ingorant and racist to do so, such actions would lead to war soon

so many westerns tell me to drop the case on japs, ROFLS, but its simply a matter of principle, millions of lives and billions dollars worth of damage have been desoryed, for nothing?????

i may be a bit too edgy with terms like japs, but dont get offended, its nothign aginist them
I for one would like to find a way to force Japan to acknowledge what they did wrong. I don't know if its ever going to be possible, but it would help a long list of things.

Still, we should consider the lesson learned by the USA and Europe from World War I and World War II. The Treaty of Versailles thoroughly punished Germany, Austria and Turkey at the end of WW1. They were humiliated and degraded and forced to accept a long list of ridiculous conditions. France, who had been defeated and humiliated by the Germans earlier in the 1800's took the opportunity to exact vengence. What was the end result? For Austria and Germany, they felt they were completely raped enmasse by the victorious allies. This directly lead to WW2 and Adolf Hitler. Germany was out for revenge. A vengeful ending to WW1 directly lead to an even more terrible conflict in WW2.

At the end of World War II, the USA was instrumental in doing something that must have seemed proposterous: Rebuilding the nations that they had just defeated (along with other nations as well). Obviously, East Germany could not be assisted to the same extent, but West Germany alone was quickly rebuilt and in short order, their economy alone had surpassed the peak economic strength of ALL of Germany prior to their defeat in 1945. We shouldn't take away from German resilience, however it should be noted that because the USA went out of their way to help with Germany's recovery, Germany had no cause to wish for vengence upon the USA.

In this case, China (and a long list of other nations) was wronged in some very big ways. Japan owes much, yet concedes absolutely nothing. This has made the victims absolutely furious, and that is only natural. Unfortunately, this has the potential to setup into exactly the same revenge game that France and Germany went through. Right now, China is the more powerful nation and may someday possess the ability to envorce their desired vengence upon Japan. But should they?? How long will the cycle of vengence last and to what end??

I don't know if any of you are advocating a military invasion of Japan to punish them for their warcrimes, but I do get that impression.
January 17th, 2005  
k19

I totally agree, humiliation and degraded and forced to accept a long list of ridiculous conditions after WW1 did not prevent the WW2 happening, but I don’t think it’s the only reason triggered the WW2. when long before Hitler took the leadership in Germany but years of spreading hatred, not one seems cared in Europe, when he took the power and put millions dollars into the army, no more seems cared in Europe or at least try to do something; even Hitler started invading others countries, no more seems take it seriously but to sit back and wait…until the Nazi at their doorstep! Europeans had a long list of opportunities, but they just slip away one after another.

Although I agree the rebuilding efforts warm people’s heart and keep them away from another conflict, although I seriously doubt it is the only thing we should do to prevent another war.
Western countries did right, in term to the Germany, not only putting effort to unites Germany to the community, but also continuing to notice people what has happened in the past, to keep in mind how devastating it can become. No Nazis can live free.

It seems that we are walking on a similar paten. Historic events deleted from the school book; rightwing rise, leadership continuing warship the dead war criminals, historically first time to send militarily over seas, political movements to change key legislations allowing militarily actions overseas, some right politicians even publicly saying Japan should have nukes, militarily buildup, even with all of that, Japan is proposing the permanent position to the U.N security council. Does Japan deserve the treatments today, just because it's pro-weastern view and all history should be forgetten? Yes, Japan is not and never will be post any danger to the U.S, but it does not necessarily means they do not post a war thread against Asian countries once again. Asian countries is more of worrying but to seeking a revenge, China did not asked any payback in the past, why would we like to do that now? But, is a deeply “sorry” from the heart, and, with action, too much to ask? Japanese’s opinion doesn’t change much, still, think if without the U.S interruption, it would control all territory of Asia, and in Japanese’s mind it’s not seems totally a wrong thing to do, but ,to “help developing the region”. And one day, they could do that again.
January 18th, 2005  
Earling

Vengeance and Versailles had less to do with WW2 than geopolitics and economies. The inherant flaw with Versailles was it wasn't "harsh" enough and it was clearly incapable of standing in a post-depression world. As for rebuilding the states, that was more to do with a fear of communism than a fear of vengeance from the defeated powers. It was similar to the attitude Bismark took to Austria after their war before the Franco-Prussian war. (Which in this case would be the Cold War) Its also argueably informal Imperialism in this day when formal empire is considered immoral.

A war between the US and China, or a US backed Japan and China will only occur if the US refuses to accept that China will be independant within it's "sphere". This obviously doesn't mean the US should accept or condone blatant aggression on the part of China, but blatant backing of Japan simply because Japan is largely an economic puppet of the US will likely lead to hostility which in turn can lead to war. Then again, such a war is doubtful due to increasing interlinking of US-Chinese trade, which would badly hurt the economy of both countries if there was to be a breakdown in relations.

Ultimately it was the depression that caused ww2, it would probably take another depression to bring about ww3.
January 18th, 2005  
Chinaman

an eye for an eye, i would love to revenge but war is a bad thing adn thereby i just suggest minor hacking of jap sites