china in afghanistan

WARMUNGER

what if china got involved in the war on terrorism in Afghanistan and sent a military force there how do u think it would affect the war in Afghanistan do u think it would have a major impact in the afghan war or do u think the war would remain the same please try to use facts when commenting about this topic but put your own idea into your posts as well. personally i think that the Chinese military tactics combined with the American military tactics would be very useful it would simulate the good cop bad cop and i think insurgents would rather be caught by the US rather then the PLA just like the Germans gave up to the American troops in ww2 rather then be caught by the soviets .

I dont know given that no one has been able to pacify the place in the last 300 years it could be a good place to have them bogged down.

I'd rather not have the PLA gain actual combat experience.

I agree. While any additional boots on the ground are helpful in the fight, in the long run I would prefer keeping Chinese novice troops just green.

Thats not to say that they arent getting experience fighting elsewhere...

i think china would be a useful ally in Afghanistan because of there political views on war. most countries leave the US on there own like the French did because there civilians complained to much but i don't think civ's complaining would bother the Chinese government. so if we did get them in Afghanistan i don't think they would leave and because if they do leave and run. it would probably replay history like when the soviet union ran off with there tails between there legs.

I agree. While any additional boots on the ground are helpful in the fight, in the long run I would prefer keeping Chinese novice troops just green.

Thats not to say that they arent getting experience fighting elsewhere...
They aren't green. There is a significant portion of them that spend time hunting on the border of the stans in the west and in Xinjiang province. They are actually quite good at rooting out islamic terror cells.

They aren't green. There is a significant portion of them that spend time hunting on the border of the stans in the west and in Xinjiang province. They are actually quite good at rooting out islamic terror cells...

and Democracy cells, and religious cells, and human rights cells, peasant farmer cells (who are too close to the Olympic venue), and...

Never turn down help in matters like this, it is far better having them help you than supplying the Taliban behind your back

I would rather the Chinese and Russians stay out of it, unless they agree to be under American command. If not, hell no. Definitely should be considered an aggressive act against us. They would just be begging for a reason for combat with the USA.

Just two comments.

I suggest that if they get involved they will be in it to win, and like the enemy they would not be discouraged by the long game. Bad news for the Taliban.

As they say in the tropics, better to have them inside p****** out?

Never turn down help in matters like this, it is far better having them help you than supplying the Taliban behind your back

Or they could be doing both at the same time. When you consider that China has supported some of the worst regimes on the planet its clear to me that the Chinese would sell us out to the Taliban in a heartbeat if they had a reason to do so.

I think you would soon be regretting the Chinese idea "help". Most others sure as hell have. If they want to get involved with fighting the Taliban they do it from their end, I don't want to have to be looking over my shoulder.

Last edited:
Keep the Chinese within their own damned borders I swear if you let them get loose the whole world is going to be EXTREMELY sorry.
I know these guys... also the ones in Southeast Asia. If you know how the lot live, what "morals" they have... if you really knew, you'd know that it is absolutely imperative that you keep this dragon in its cave.

I think the whole arrangement will work beatifully if the Chinese take on Northwestern Border provices in Pakistan.
The were friends and allies with the Pakistani government for a long time and might be better accepted by the locals

I think the whole arrangement will work beatifully if the Chinese take on Northwestern Border provices in Pakistan.
The were friends and allies with the Pakistani government for a long time and might be better accepted by the locals

You seem to have problems understanding the difference between official political policy and what the regular Joe in north western Pakistan thinks.

Keep the Chinese within their own damned borders I swear if you let them get loose the whole world is going to be EXTREMELY sorry.
I know these guys... also the ones in Southeast Asia. If you know how the lot live, what "morals" they have... if you really knew, you'd know that it is absolutely imperative that you keep this dragon in its cave.

Agreed. China must not be allowed to have any expansionist chances. If per say they got into the 'Stan (which would be of a benefit to them how?) what is to stop them from exploring a bit further, and a bit further, and a bit further until the PLA is marching down the Champs Elysees and plastering a big old poster of Chairman Mao on the Arch Du Triumph.

Personally don't think they'll get to France but what I sure as heck don't want is a big ass Chinese flag flying where the statue of Admiral Lee is standing right now in central Seoul. I bet that's the spot they'll pick for the flag (which will no doubt enter the Guiness book of World Records in one capacity or another).
China's potential to take over Southeast Asia is very real since ethnic Chinese businessmen control most of Southeast Asia anyway. Not to say they're in bed with one another. Southeast Asia Chinese don't like the mainland very much, nor do they trust them a whole lot, but if we see a China that is vastly developed this attitude very well could change. Even now Southeast Asian Chinese people are trying to find their roots back in China, unlike back in the '60s and '70s when they were busy denying it (with the exception of Singapore and Lee Kwan Yew).

Back