china in afghanistan

Personally don't think they'll get to France but what I sure as heck don't want is a big ass Chinese flag flying where the statue of Admiral Lee is standing right now in central Seoul. I bet that's the spot they'll pick for the flag (which will no doubt enter the Guiness book of World Records in one capacity or another).
China's potential to take over Southeast Asia is very real since ethnic Chinese businessmen control most of Southeast Asia anyway. Not to say they're in bed with one another. Southeast Asia Chinese don't like the mainland very much, nor do they trust them a whole lot, but if we see a China that is vastly developed this attitude very well could change. Even now Southeast Asian Chinese people are trying to find their roots back in China, unlike back in the '60s and '70s when they were busy denying it (with the exception of Singapore and Lee Kwan Yew).

I know that France isn't a viable reality. Just an amusing one. I think that SE Asia has a lot to worry about though.

I know that France isn't a viable reality. Just an amusing one. I think that SE Asia has a lot to worry about though.

Its not so far fetched...

In the past several years, the French have caught quite a few Chinese industrial spies, mostly posing as interns in the automotive industry. One particular case involved a 23 year old girl who stole information for a new type of tire that was being developed for Renault cars.

They get a internship to work in a French industry on a student visa, then they steal what bit of information or technology their masters at the Intelligence services are after.

They are a plague in Europe, but nobody takes any punitive measure (aside from expelling the spy) against China.

They get expelled, go back to China, share their intel on the technology and how they got caught. China obtains new technology for very little money compared to the R&D the actual guys invested and they get better and better at the whole business of stealing information and technology.
Here the potential problem we'll have is people selling themselves out to the Chinese. It's a bit hard for a foreigner to get a job here in the more sensitive stuff.
But despite all this, the Chinese got the most out of all the high tech factories we all set up in their country. State of the art electronics, for FREE!

Damn right Australia has things to worry about, and yeah I know how the Chinese spy thing goes. We have a massive "reported" problem with Chinese spy agencies here.

The Chinese, if they were ever able to find a reason to help western nations in a war it would probably end up like WWII did. The East and West would join forces to destroy the enemy (in this case the Taliban), but at the end there would be the big debt on whos going to run the country now. Will it be a Communist or Demecratic country? What about the surronding countries? whos satellite states will they become? We all know that the west and Russia were never friends, they just helped eachother to conquer the common foe, and once they did that, it was all headbutts and backstabbing for 40+ years. The same thing would happen in the middle east with the West and China, we would simply have another cold war on our hands. On another note, China would probably not follow the Geneva Convention and there would be the problem of the two forces trying to fight the same war two different ways. China would more than likely march a million men into "stan" and quite litteraly F**K things right up killing everything in their path. I would have to say as much as we could use all the help we can get, China is the last country I would want to be fighting a war with, on ourside or the other.

They get expelled, go back to China, share their intel on the technology and how they got caught. China obtains new technology for very little money compared to the R&D the actual guys invested and they get better and better at the whole business of stealing information and technology.
Here the potential problem we'll have is people selling themselves out to the Chinese. It's a bit hard for a foreigner to get a job here in the more sensitive stuff.
But despite all this, the Chinese got the most out of all the high tech factories we all set up in their country. State of the art electronics, for FREE!

The thing is that all this industrial espionage only closes the gap it will never give them the lead until they actually start doing some development work themselves at which point Chinese industry will be packed with western spies doing exactly the same thing, so as annoying as it is it is all one giant circle.

Closing the gap in itself is a real b*tch and here's why.
The countries who develop these technologies will be losing a LOT of money... millions and billions that they spent on R&D will be lost to Chinese industrial spies who are trained at a fraction of the price.

I say we execute any Chinese industrial spies on sight with a bullet to the head. Don't give 'em a chance to report anything at all.

America has most of the incredibly hot females already. And this type of thing is not something that can be forgiven... it's just as bad as a spy in the military because that is what most of the technology will be used for. Besides, if you catch a spy it's not like you have to tell anyone.

Metal Storm....your country already tried to get there hands on that one....thank god the Aussie was smart enough to tell the Chinese to p*ss off.

Back