Chevron afraid of "Crude"

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE5885L020090910?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

Basically it's a movie coming out about Chevron and Texaco (which was bought by Chevron) and their activities in Ecuador which have turned places that people live into a complete dump.
Chevron denies any wrongdoing and claims the movie is big on emotion but short on facts.
But as far as I know, this sort of thing doesn't occur naturally and is not without precedence. Freeport did a fine job of destroying tracts of Irian Jaya and the sort of environmental fallout seems pretty consistent.
I say release the movie and let these bastards burn.

I have read about this in blogs too. It's horrible what's left behind and the people left to fend for themselves once all is said n done. :cry:

I wonder why it is that we can do all these horrible things to people with no crime, yet seem to have so much problems with doing some bad things to very bad people. The world just doesn't make sense, no?

Pretty standard pre release movie hype.

When it is an environmentalist type film, they will claim it is to get the truth out. But in Los Angeles the weekly Box Office is reported in the business section of the LA Times.

When it is a Tarentino movie it is about his genius, but the weekly Box Office is still in the business section.

I've seen drilling operations here in the states where they have to maintain EPA regs and they are still destructive. I imagine without those regs it would be farked

Yep but when they take operations overseas, these standards are very "negotiable."
Not so much anymore but in the pre-internet era, very much so.

Back