Checking in

SleepySweeper

Hi!

Just stumbeled across this forum and signed up right away!

I'm active duty AF and have spent my career (this far) with electronics maintenance. (Ground based systems.)

Cheers!

Godagen og velkommen Sleepy.

Hvor tjenestegjør du da?

(Translated: Welcome sleepy. Glad to see another Norwegian here, the rest of the **** are getting on my nerves now... :D )

For øyeblikket er jeg elev på FSTS II - fast stilling på Mågerø!

For you people not fortunate enough to be Scandinavian (or Norwegian) - sorry for going crypto on you ;)

silent driller said:
So you're one dem fellas what fixes holes what got shot up in dem plane wings?

Not quite - I started off as a radar technician (early warning), went to technical college, then the AF Academy and have served at our Materiel Command, and Control and Reporting Centres just to give a brief overview. Even if I've spent 23 years with our AF, I've never "fixed aircraft" :oops:

Switching over to English now, so the rest of the "population" doesn't suspect a Norwegian conspiracy here.. :)

So how did you come across our small corner of Cyberspace?

First of all: Thanks for the welcome! It's nice being here :)

Redleg - to be quite frank - I just stumbled across it by accident. I was doing a search for this site http://home.no.net/kogv/ and the military quotes page was one of the hits. Then I just couldn't resist signing up at the forum ;)

BTW, my late uncle was a Redleg like you.

Cheers!

Sorry to hear about your uncle..

I don't have many AF relatives, but there's one down the line you may have heard of:
Rolf Arne Berg. RAF Wing Commander in WW2.

Good to see that more Norwegians are signing up, we have a few here already, but not nearly enough yet.. :)

Sleepy and Redleg, a little culture question here If you don't mind, do most Norwegians speak English as well as you guys do?

Welcome to the forums, Sleepy, it's good to have another Norwegian here. I haven't seen Redleg this excited since we bought him that cute little sundress for his birthday.

:lol:

Redneck said:
Welcome to the forums, Sleepy, it's good to have another Norwegian here. I haven't seen Redleg this excited since we bought him that cute little sundress for his birthday. :lol:

:eek:fftopic: But Redneck could you explain your avatar's pink skirt? ;)

welcome sleepy, i am a Daywalker, just like blade, i hunt vampires and stuff.

by they way, what is the landscape like in Norway.

Välkommen Sleepy!!

@GuyontheRight:
As a Swede I'd say that most Norwegians and Swedes speak English. At least in Sweden we have to study English for at least 6 years, but many of us do study English for 8 years.

Back