Chechenya

Snauhi

This is a new topic but about how the situation in Chechenya will change after Mashadovs death.

I doubt. there is always gonna bi another mashkadov. and the question is how big his influence was. guy that was behind most of terorist actions is basaev. I think that things will change when global situation in world improves. but I wish good luck to our russian brothers.

yea i think Mascadov's death wont change much,but it sure did shake up the checnia,im only in fear that there wont be more harder situations like Nord-ost and school crisis.Best of luck to our brothers in east.

Dusan

What needs to be done is the removal of terrorists in the Pankisi Gorge. So far it seems nothing is being done out there. Anyway i believe this war will die down since most of the chechens now are getting tired of war except for the radicals. Good luck to russia anyway and i hope the people will no longer be terrorised by chechens.

well russia has wiped out half the chechens, it will probably do off with the rest if the war goes on

Kilgore said:
What needs to be done is the removal of terrorists in the Pankisi Gorge. So far it seems nothing is being done out there. Anyway i believe this war will die down since most of the chechens now are getting tired of war except for the radicals. Good luck to russia anyway and i hope the people will no longer be terrorised by chechens.

There were U.S. Special Forces training the Georgian Units to help combat the terrorists in the Gorge. Otherwise I think the problem with the death of Aslan, is that none of us can say how much clout or power he really had. All we can say is that by the Chechen standards he was a moderate.

Let's see. Tiny locality vs. huge nation. Vicious bloody attacks on women and children, airplanes blown up, etc. Given the Russian lack of concern for Western niceties I expect Chechens to be the human equivelent of the dodo before very much longer.

The US training for the Georgians has been seen as more of a threat to russia than help really. Georgia has been said to be somewhat lazy about pankisi gorge, but im not too sure what going on out there. However i do remember hearing georgians killing several chechen and arabic rebels.

I believe what the Russians are doing in chechnya is the only way to win against them sadly. These chechens will continue fighting even if occupied. However i notice that the chechens in general are giving up and are tired of the war.

Back