Chavez to sign 2-billion-dollar military deal in Moscow: Report

rock45

Chavez broke into the piggy bank again this time he's buying some big targets oh I mean aircraft.
icon10.gif

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Chavez to sign 2-billion-dollar military deal in Moscow: Report
[/FONT]
12 May 2008, 0940 hrs IST
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
AFP

spacer.gif

MOSCOW: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez will buy military equipment worth nearly two billion dollars during a visit to Russia at the end of the month, Russian newspaper Kommersant reported on Monday.

"Hugo Chavez will arrive in Moscow at the end of May to sign new Russian-Venezuelan agreements on military and technical cooperation," said the paper.

Chavez and new Russian President Dmitry Medvedev agreed in March, during a telephone conversation, to visit each other.

"The accords with Venezuela will obviously be the first big arms contracts signed under the presidency of Dmitry Medvedev," the paper said, adding that his predecessor Vladimir Putin had paid special attention to military and technical cooperation in international relations.

During Putin's eight-year presidency Russian arms exports jumped from 3.68 billion dollars in 2000 to nearly 7.5 billion last year, according to the paper.

This year, Venezuela is to buy 10 Russian-made Ilyushin 76MD-90 military cargo aircraft, two Ilyushin-78MK tankers, up to 10 Mi-28NE Night Hunter attack helicopters, as well as four Russian Type 636 attack submarines, said Kommersant .

"The total value of the contracts on military and technical cooperation could therefore reach two billion dollars, it added.

Russia has already sold 24 Sukhoi military fighter aircraft, 53 helicopters and 100,000 Kalashnikov assault rifles to Venezuela, its top military client in Latin America, for a total value of more than three billion dollars.

Link
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...deal_in_Moscow_Report/articleshow/3031339.cms

He's going after me because I pranked call him and called him a communist douche.

Anyways.... he's a threat to the Western hemisphere.

Or The Dutch island to the north, or the large area of land to the east which i think they have made claim to. The United States would probably not let them indvade Coloumbia.

Chavez

I'm sure he wants to invade Colombia but knows it isn't possible without some government overthrow and/or keeping the US out of the take down some how. Both things he can't control with his oil money so far. From the little stuff I read the FARC isn't as strong as it was so his chance is slipping away in Colombia.
This poster in another forum I'm in mentioned that oil production in Venezuela is down and his controlling everything plan isn't going as good as he hoped. He's a kind of lock in now but time will tell so his people are going to say what about us? I follow natural gas and oil stories a little and he vowed support to Bolivia's natural gas industry but isn't coming through. If I had to pick a place where US forces might end up next Bolivia would be on the list. Not sure how many US civilians are in Bolivia that the US Marines would get the call to haul them out but things are bad in that country.
Bolivia has an ungodly amount of natural gas and shouldn't be so dirt poor but it is. Bolivia should have pipelines exporting gas out through Argentina, Chile, and Brazil, but because of the leadership it's the poorest country in South America I believe , with the second largest confirmed natural gas deposits. Brazil's economy is growing fast and should be sucking up Bolivia's easy to reach natural gas and pumping billions into Bolivia's economy but it's not. Money must be going somewhere right?
icon5.gif

If it comes down to it, the USAF and USN can reduce the Venezuelans down to using baseball bats and the Colombians can sort them out.

Back