Chavez: prepare for War with Colombia

Hugo running at the mouth go figure. However the time is ripe for him given the current US appeasment stratgey he might do it.

Interesting scenario for a cold war confrontation.... What´s the majorities guess who will win?

Rattler

hmmm i wonder how every body would react if he did it...
he could be just testing his boundaries like a school child with a substitute teacher...

well the worlds current super pweer should act like the adult figure and pull him in to line...
atleast with bush people may have thought America was a joke but atleast they feared you guys cos his track record meant if he said he was after you he was and if he said there would be consequences there was...
now there is no consequences being talked about but even if their was they would sit and laugh...

Maybe this could turn into a proxy war, Cold War style.

You know, Russia helping out Venezuela and the Americans helping out Colombia. But I think thats unlikely, as both Russia and America want to improve relationships with eachother [Theoretically]

Russia and the United States just can't be friends. There is a severe conflict of interest.
As for what's going to happen in South America, it's very fluid. We don't know.

From what ive heard of the Colombian military- i think they could take Chavez quite handily. Such a important war so close to our borders, i find it difficult we would abandon a major friend in the region. If im not mistaken, Brazil dislikes Venezuela as well, and they are the major power down in South America from what Ive seen.

Chavez is a crazy dictator- but i dont think he would go through with it, hes been slowly losing support at home and the last time he tried this he had to back down due to disfavor.

Back