Chavez Backs Freedom Of Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you do not.

I did not write the Story in question, I was asked to reference a link, and I did.
You may choose to believe it or not, that is up to you, but just because you say it is a lie, does not make it a lie.

I've searched every news organization's archives on the web and this article cannot be corroborated as having happened. The following is the Doug Thompson's personal opinion, not fact. Even the blog site he writes for doesn't back him up. Can you provide a credible source such as a news organization?

"I've heard from two White House sources who claim they heard from others present in the meeting that the President of the United States called the Constitution "a goddamned piece of paper."

"The record shows the Bush Administration, the Constitution of the United States is little more than toilet paper stained from all the **** that this group of power-mad despots have dumped on the freedoms that "goddamned piece of paper" used to guarantee."

http://prorev.com/2005/12/who-is-doug-thompson.htm
Monday, December 12, 2005
WHO IS DOUG THOMPSON?

WHENEVER Doug Thompson of Capitol Hill Blue comes up with a scoop, as in his recent report that Bush called the Constitution "just a goddamned piece of paper," we get letters wanting to know who Doug Thompson is and do we vouch for him.

In the imperfect world of reporting, everyone is on their own. But we have been following Thompson since the Clinton years and we haven't seen anything that would rank him as less reliable than scores of better know correspondents.

There is a lot of talk about sources these days. Which is ironic, given how many of these sources are, in fact, highly skilled dissemblers in the guise of government officials. We prefer to think of the journalist as the best source, at best a well trained guide dog leading you through that miasma known as the news.

We can't guarantee anything we cite. All we can say in over 40 years of writing about this fair city, we haven't screwed up too often and our sense is that Doug Thompson has a somewhat similar record. If we're wrong, we'll let you know.

That doesn't mean you should take everything we print as gospel. Never do that with us or any other news source. Do your own research and reach your own conclusions.

Last edited:
The Story has been out for 1 year, can you come up with anything that refutes it? I tried Snoops and could not find anything refuting it.

One would think the Republicans would have been all over that one if it were made up.

Last edited:
The Story has been out for 1 year, can you come up with anything that refutes it? I tried Snoops and could not find anything refuting it.

One would think the Republicans would have been all over that one if it were made up.

I don't think the story has been on any form of news reporting so it does not have to be argued. As I said before, if you have a credible source, post it. All I got when I searched was blogs repeating the same story, no news stories.

If anyone else on the forum has heard or watched this on the news, post on it. No blogs will be used as a source because they are opinions. Official sources only.

No blogs will be used as a source because they are opinions. Official sources only.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind.
It's most likely for the best, as I never liked The Drudge Report, Front Page Magazine, The Nation, Daily Kos, Newsmax ,WorldNet Daily, Common Dreams, Capital Hill Blue, and the like anyway.

So, you do not.

I did not write the Story in question, I was asked to reference a link, and I did.
You may choose to believe it or not, that is up to you, but just because you say it is a lie, does not make it a lie.

I dont need to have one. The article you posted is bogus and full of irrelevant lies and is also written by Bush haters. No one believes it any way.

It matters to us that posts on the forum are factual, regardless of the subject.

LoL that would be a kick in the nuts for half the posters on these forums.

Anyway not entirely off topic but given the nature of the constitution to Americans has the White house refuted the claims at all?

since when they should deny lies?

No offense but as you are someone that also posts blogs as "fact" and usually rather "monocular" blogs at that I really don't think you have much leeway in this discussion so I would like to get an answer from someone with a more open mind and perhaps flying an American flag.

There is a saying used here which basically says that silence in politics is as good as a confession, now in this case I am leaning toward this being an urban myth but given the number of websites carrying this "story" and the weight the constitution carries I am a little surprised it hasn't been squashed officially.

Since this has gotten entirely off the topic and seems to have degraded to a "Did not." "Did too." war I'm closing this thread until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back