Charge 7 Reloaded

Charge 7

Master Gunner
Hi folks!

It occurs to me that I should've posted a note here that I'm a part of our online community again. Work has finally settled to something vaguely resembling a routine so I have time now to spend here.

I've missed my discussions with you (some more than others ;) ) and look forward to many more now that I've returned.

Welcome back, sir. I didn't even realize you were away. ;) :lol:

How's the teaching job going?

Welcome back Charge.
Was (almost) a bit worried when I didn't get any any replies from you.. ;)

What job have you got now (if you don't mind sharing)?

Redleg said:
Welcome back Charge.
Was (almost) a bit worried when I didn't get any any replies from you.. ;)

What job have you got now (if you don't mind sharing)?

Thanks guys for the hardy "welcome back". :)

Well, Red, I've been busy learning what's involved in being an ROTC instructor these past several months and utilizing that masters in education finally as well. I've been spending all that time at a very large ROTC institution here in South Carolina and am now being prepped to fly at a higher level at a smaller school still here in SC. Evidently, this is what the Army had in mind for me almost from the minute I asked to get back in. It isn't what I had envisioned when I requested to be reactivated, but ya know, I think the Army had the right of it. I can see a difference that I can make with these young people almost daily, and that is worth a great deal to me indeed.

Ain't that so much better than when you were spending all your days lazing around, butt on the chair fighting with some peacenik on the boards :pirate2: ?? :salute:

Charge 7 said:
It isn't what I had envisioned when I requested to be reactivated, but ya know, I think the Army had the right of it. I can see a difference that I can make with these young people almost daily, and that is worth a great deal to me indeed.
Frankly, sir, you should be flattered. The US military has a history (especially in the aviation circles) of taking some of their best people and turning them into instructors.

Glad to have you back, sir!

Charge I feel the same way about the teaching I do here. Never what I had in mind but when you see the difference you make its awesome. What a legacy for a man to leave behind.

AJChenMPH said:
Frankly, sir, you should be flattered. The US military has a history (especially in the aviation circles) of taking some of their best people and turning them into instructors.

Glad to have you back, sir!

Thanks, LT. Yes, I am indeed flattered, even more than that somewhat amazed. I only wanted to be of some help in these more demanding days for our nation's military. I had no expectation of being able to keep my rank, as you may remember. Now I actually have a career path and the ability to retire finally as something higher than an 0-4. So being appreciated by Uncle Sugar has been quite the boon to me for sure.

bulldogg said:
Charge I feel the same way about the teaching I do here. Never what I had in mind but when you see the difference you make its awesome. What a legacy for a man to leave behind.

That's right, bulldogg. To quote the wisest man I ever knew, my ol' man, "You come into this world with nothing, and you leave with nothing. The only thing that makes a difference whether you were here at all is the impact you make on the lives of other people."

Back