Characteristic

If you want an army that will engage an stay the distance, then the person better have strength of commitment.

all the rest of the traits and characteristics, good or bad...support commitment.

IE the most dishonest person in the world, if in combat, can still have commitment to killing the other guy..then robbing him afterwards.

Now if you are talking about character...its honesty.
:D

IE the most dishonest person in the world, if in combat, can still have commitment to killing the other guy..then robbing him afterwards.
Or robbing a fellow soldier

Well......... This is a slighty different take on it, since I am not in the military and can only look at it from my point of view.

But I think someone in the military needs patience and strength more than anything. And by strength I mean mental, emotional strength. Because it takes an awful lot of it to keep picking ip the phone/write a letter/get on the net when you have a SO back home crying because she misses you so much........ I can only look at this from my own point of view...... But thats my opinion.

Mental strength to be able to take all the crap that war and killing will send your way, yet the morals to control it, and not a want for revenge. A strong work ethic will also make a better soldier, they will do things well becuase it is their job, not becuase they have a passion for any of it (although that may be the case).

Honesty, integrity, selflessness, a sense of duty, courage, determination
to name but a few...generally speaking, I've found in tha last 5 operational tours that I've fought in, a good sense of humour goes a long way.

:camo:

characteristics

adaptability/inventivness. Heart or passion towards your allies. A good sense of humour for when things might not be going so well? and determination.

Back