chapter benefits

llectog89

wut kind of benefits,as far as skool,do you walk away with when you get chaptered.
i have over a year on my first term contract before i renlisted.ive been told that i will get 70% of my gi bill benefits.is this true.if ur knowledgeable in this area plz help me out.is there an AR i can look up or anything?

wut kind of benefits,as far as skool,do you walk away with when you get chaptered.
i have over a year on my first term contract before i renlisted.ive been told that i will get 70% of my gi bill benefits.is this true.if ur knowledgeable in this area plz help me out.is there an AR i can look up or anything?

I love a challenge.

What kind of benefits, as far as school, do you walk away with when you get chaptered?

Depends on why you were chaptered out of the Military.
Reduction in Force (RIF) - Medical - Punitive Action - Bar to Reenlistment (BAR) - Failure to Adapt (FTA)

I have over a year on my first term contract before I reenlisted. I've been told that I will get 70% of my GI Bill benefits. Is this true?

Have you reenlisted or are you just over the one year mark for Military Service?
Did you contribute money to the GI Bill from your paycheck each month? Is your time in the Military counted as good time?

If you are knowledgeable in this area please help me out.

The person to talk to would be a Military/Veterans benefits counselor. Odds are your Home Of Record State has a State Department of Veterans Affairs. They should be able to help you out with your benefits and paperwork. You should consider this option when sending in paperwork owing to the fact that neither the Department of Defense nor the Department of Veterans Affairs speak or read kid very well.

Is there an AR I can look up or anything?

Veterans Benefits fall in under Title 38 of the United States Code.

http://uscode.house.gov/download/title_38.shtml

Active Duty Education Benefits for the U.S. Army fall in under Army Regulation 621–5.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r621_5.pdf

Last edited:
Back