Changes to the 101st Airborne Division

Duty Honor Country

I am still at replacement waiting for my orders to go to a unit. Someone said I will be headed to 1st brigade, 327th INF REG. Here are some of the changes that are happening to the 101st

There is a new 4th brigade being added that will have the 506th INF REG. All you WWII junkies will recognize this unit from the Band of Brothers series.

Each brigade is going to be called a "Unit of Action"

the 101st has gotten rid of most division assets such as transportation, signal, ect and assigned those units to each brigade. Before these units were not assigned until a brigade deployed. This way, a brigade can deploy rapidly and be independent of the division.

As a 13f, I am now assigned to an INF company. Rumors say that my MOS may change to an 11 series.

More will follow once I actually get to my unit

i like band of brother , it's real and inspiring, i respect these guys who do their best and sacrifice for freedom, sacrifice for their motherland, they attack together, cover for each other, shoulder to shoulder to fight evil. quotation from the film at last , maybe classic: i'm not a hero but i'm fight with heros.

a new brigade? I wonder if another arty battalion will be activated? I was with 3/320th and we supported the rakkassans of the 187th. 4/320th maybe? Hope you enjoy Campbell. I did and still miss it.

There is a article in Armytimes that says you get up to $15,000 enlistment bonus for joining the 101st along with 5 or 6 other units.

Big_Z said:
There is a article in Armytimes that says you get up to $15,000 enlistment bonus for joining the 101st along with 5 or 6 other units.

that would be the new 4th UA. At the 327th INF, the Army took about half the soldeirs and put them in the 4th UA

aussiejohn said:
Well done Doody.

Hope things go well for you in 101st.

Where is Campbell?

Things are pretty good. Ft Campbell is on the Tenessee/Kentucky border, 45 minutes north of Nashville. Most of the Base is on the TN side, but the post office is 100 meters inside the KY side, so officially, the base is in Kentucky.

Back