Century Powermate 70 mig welder

wolfen

Ok guys and gals, I've had this century Powermate 70 mig welder since 92, I still use flux core .030 wire in it, and now I'm thinking about converting it so I an weld aluminum too, anybody know where I can get the conversion kit cheap? I already have a 75/25 Argon bottle, just need to go to the local welder supply and get it filled.

Thanks for the info about my sig Redleg, I was basically trolling for a good joke starter with that, but nobody took the bait.

But about the welder its one of thease types here:
http://www.weldingmart.com/migwelders.htm. I do a lot of welding on playground equipment at work and I remembered I had this thing in the barn so I'm miging away for now, but if I get the conversion kit I'll be doing whats known as shielded gas welding, which is a lot cleaner of a weld.
Flux core is what I use now, its a metal wire on a roll that is the welding point, teh flux is inside the steel wire, shielded gas welding has CO2 or Argon a sa gas coming through the end of eth welding gun and it makes a shield so you can weld with out flux, hence your useing a solid strand of wire, which is way cleaner and needs less grinding or chiping

A debt of gratitude is in order for the data about my sig Redleg, I was fundamentally savaging for a decent joke starter with that, however no one took the snare.

Be that as it may, about the welder its one of thease types here:

https://plasmacuttershub.com. I do a great deal of welding on jungle gym hardware at work and I recollected that I had this thing in the animal dwellingplace so I'm miging endlessly for the time being, yet on the off chance that I get the change pack I'll be doing whats known as protected gas welding, which is a ton cleaner of a weld.

Transition center is the thing that I use now, its a metal wire on a roll that is the welding point, teh motion is inside the steel wire, protected gas welding has CO2 or Argon a sa gas getting through the finish of eth welding weapon and it creates a shield so you can weld with out motion, henceforth your useing a strong strand of wire, which is way cleaner and needs less granulating or chiping

Back