Censorship!

Sometimes in Australia they take things too far, and then to top it off they do something totally ironic.

For example, I remember some library nearby got a lot of pressure because they had a fair few books with a lot of nudity, and eventually they got rid of them. Now you can find a book in the same library which subject circulates around Hitlers sexuality and sexual life and nobody raises a finger.

Games also get a lot of things cut out from them, but sometimes it gets ridicoulous.

I'm with Spike.
A degree of censorship is necessary.
The movement towards shunning education and not being responsible is disturbing. People fear the Chinese, the economy etc etc and about 2012. You know what brings down empires? Musicians and other artists "educating" your kids with garbage "feel good" messages so they can sell their stuff.

I'm with Spike.
A degree of censorship is necessary.
The movement towards shunning education and not being responsible is disturbing. People fear the Chinese, the economy etc etc and about 2012. You know what brings down empires? Musicians and other artists "educating" your kids with garbage "feel good" messages so they can sell their stuff.

I dunno I'm still pissed off about not being able to see the coyote hit the ground and make a hole anymore when he's chasing the road runner because its "violent" and yet they show people being torn to shreds on the news every night, censorship MIGHT work if the moral monsters that try to control what we think and do had their priorities straight

I dunno I'm still pissed off about not being able to see the coyote hit the ground and make a hole anymore when he's chasing the road runner because its "violent" and yet they show people being torn to shreds on the news every night, censorship MIGHT work if the moral monsters that try to control what we think and do had their priorities straight
I think that you are getting mixed up between Censorship and Political Correctness.

It's politically correct to show a murder but not a cartoon?
Not being politically correct myself, I cannot comment, but it would appear that it is so among those who practice PC.

I have absolutely no regard for PC whatsoever, however I do believe that Censorship is an integral part of a civilised society, as are most laws.

I think that you are getting mixed up between Censorship and Political Correctness.

Nope I'm still on track, at least here in the US I am, the coyote hitting the ground is considered violence and is censored here.

As for you not being PC, :) there's another thing you and me agree on to m PC is a computer, I call a duck a duck, and a total idiot is a total idiot,Mentally challenged is when you get a tough thing to do that requires a lot of thinking, NOT because you can't think :)

Back