Celtiberians Illustration - Page 2

--

September 17th, 2008  
Del Boy

Nice one. It is believed to be connected with fertility. The current Marquis of Bath (Longleat) claims that he was concieved on the figure, ending his parent's difficulties in that respect. As it happens, his father was a rabid Facist, and did his damnest to indoctrinate his sons. No luck with the current Marquis, who is a real character, famous for his large band of wifelets and 'interesting' murals.

Of course, here in the west country we have a great amount of Roman inheritance.
September 17th, 2008  
aprilangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy
Of course, here in the west country we have a great amount of Roman inheritance.

....and i'd heard you British didn't like to bathe much...

Sorry I really couldn't help myself there, it had to be said just being a cheeky imp, hope you know i'm just kidding hey...

...think I might be getting into some deep water there, so I'd better go before I get myself into trouble...so see ya!

Seriously, thanks for the 'fertile' history lesson Del Boy...interesting stuff, I believe you are correct and also well informed.

Fertile from Latin fertilis, from ferre to carry, bear....when applied figuratively, it suggests readiness of invention and development <a fertile imagination>.
September 17th, 2008  
Del Boy

Yup - I've always dealt in fact as well as fine antique art. Especially with Rome and the rest of Italy. No-one misses the Italians more than I.

Batheing - not so, we always insist on houses with at least 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms, and nowhere in England is far from the sea. Some of us swim the channel, and it rains constantly. You must be confusing us with people who live on continents.
--
September 17th, 2008  
aprilangel

Quote:
Yup - I've always dealt in fact as well as fine antique art. Especially with Rome and the rest of Italy. No-one misses the Italians more than I.

Batheing - not so, we always insist on houses with at least 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms, and nowhere in England is far from the sea. Some of us swim the channel, and it rains constantly. You must be confusing us with people who live on continents.
gosh can't seem to stop myself...yeah there goes me and my blonde anna nicole smith blonde brain again...i must have it confused....i figured as you guys once were the underground slaves heating those damn roman baths you'd surely not be keen on all things watery or geez anything remotely near it.....
September 17th, 2008  
Del Boy

Yeah - but we painted ourselves blue and got on with it. As it happens, as a cockney, I might just be part of the remnants of the Roman garrison in London. Part of the legacy they left behind to fend for themselves when they cleared off after so many years. How about that for relics?
September 18th, 2008  
aprilangel

Quote:
Yeah - but we painted ourselves blue and got on with it. As it happens, as a cockney, I might just be part of the remnants of the Roman garrison in London. Part of the legacy they left behind to fend for themselves when they cleared off after so many years. How about that for relics?
....someone say 'painted'...jk.... ...so your not a afterall then...

All jokes aside, that's a fantastic claim to have Del Boy!
September 19th, 2008  
Del Boy

More west country!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tury-FAKE.html
September 19th, 2008  
aprilangel

Quote:

.....makes you wonder what Shen Kuo would have thought of it hey

confucius say 'man who go through customs sideways is going to bankok'
September 20th, 2008  
Del Boy

Easy.

Shen Kuo he say "I advocated the use of an interdisciplinary approach to archaeology and practiced such an approach myself through my work in metallurgy, optics, and geometry in the study of ancient measures."
September 20th, 2008  
aprilangel

Quote:
Easy.

Shen Kuo he say "I advocated the use of an interdisciplinary approach to archaeology and practiced such an approach myself through my work in metallurgy, optics, and geometry in the study of ancient measures."
spot on...!!! but if your confused just think of what's east too california or whats east wait whats west or is that east, south-west too etc etc...heck now im confused...hahahaha

...but who u callin easy? lol have a great day del boy and keep up the homework!!!! jk

btw....just cannot help but say for no apparent reason, call me crazy if you like....i dont know about the rest of the world i cant can i but im loving life so much right this very second now my hearts bursting with so much happyness, it's just a great day just cause it is, and all those people who are being themselves well im loving ya and appreciating your way right now you got it all....and i just wanted to scream it from the rooftops, but thats just me...so take that!!!! lol