CECILIENHOF PALACE AND THE POTSDAM CONFERENCE

Maksym Chornyi

CECILIENHOF PALACE AND THE POTSDAM CONFERENCE

Back in September 2019, I visited the site in the early hours and was impressed not so much by the exhibition, as by the historical background of Cecilienhof palace before and after WWII. Three years later, it took me three months to research and write the history of Potsdam as a city of military traditions, a retreat for Prussian kings, and the last palace built by the royal Hohenzollern dynasty. A greater part of this 15 000-word material is devoted to the preparations and reshaping of the site for the Potsdam Conference in the summer of 1945. I based the material on 110 books on Potsdam, The Third Reich, Berlin, Stalin, Churchill, Truman, the Potsdam conference, and the Cold war with 120+ archival photos, some of them never published before, accompanied by my photos from the location to compare history then and now.

I hope this extensive research would make sense to people interested in History. I would sincerely appreciate your feedback: commentaries, questions, stories, and corrections. Let’s read authoritative books and travel.

https://war-documentary.info/cecilienhof-palace-the-potsdam-conference/

potsdam-conference-main.jpg

Back