Castle ,while he was in Europe.

It was given as a present in 1985

Here is a letter from my Grandmother!

Christmas 1985
Thought you might like to have this. Your dad brought it home with him in
1945. He took it out of a German Castle when he went through the Siegfried
Line.

Last edited:
Beautiful. I don't think it's a crest but needlework as on a quilt or wall hanging. One of the flowers looks like edelweiss.

Always told my granddaddy he should have brought me back a Luger. They didn't have too many of them in Korea, though. Or Vietnam for that matter. ;)

Nice find!

Those sort of things used to be made when people got bored, in time when there was not radio or television which is still in living memory. I forget at the moment the correct name for that sort of peice. The better peices were normally framed and hung on the walls.

This piece measures 21.5 by 21 inches. The Ornament is off center for a some reason. Not sure
how old it is almost 70 for sure!

I sure would like to still have the 30 cal. Japanese Rifle,or the M-1 he brought home.

I can remenber getting in trouble when I would sneek Rifles or his 45 out of
the house without him knowing and go shoot . He always found out later in the day or that night LOL.

LeEnfield said:
Those sort of things used to be made when people got bored, in time when there was not radio or television which is still in living memory. I forget at the moment the correct name for that sort of peice. The better peices were normally framed and hung on the walls.
I think its 'Tapestry' the word you're searching for.

Back