Cast Lead colleteral damage interview.

So unless there is a 100% surefire way of getting only the bad guy and never anyone else, we sit around and do nothing?
I know that I must be pretty naive.
But every civilian lost can mean 10 soldiers dying in the future... or 10 more years of conflict added.

And we definetely need a political solution Right now, the Palestinians have nothing So this terrorists organisations are the best they can afford

It's like a war against poverty and lack of education by destroying houses and families... You try to extinguish fire with fuel...

And Redneck, the conflict is still here...

But every civilian lost can mean 10 soldiers dying in the future... or 10 more years of conflict added.

And not engaging the enemy right now can mean losing everything you'd normally lose over a 10 year period in the next 10 minutes.

i don't think its so simple ice http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/956859.html
we will run out of money before hamas runs out of rockets :<

The money issue

An examination of the economic aspect also casts grave doubts on the decision to choose Iron Dome. The cost of each intercept missile will probably be about $100,000. (Rafael claims the cost of a missile will be about $40,000, but given the cost of similar missiles, that does not seem reasonable.) In contrast, the cost of making a Qassam rocket is well under $100,000. So, if the Palestinians produce thousands of Qassams, the Israeli defense establishment will have to respond by manufacturing thousands of Iron Dome missiles, at a prohibitive cost of hundreds of millions of shekels. On the assumption that this information is known to everyone involved, it must be asked, again, how it came about that Iron Dome was chosen as the preferred solution to the Qassam rockets while other options were vehemently rejected.

This is troubling. I'd like to think that the folks at the Ministry of Defense or Rafael have already thought of that and figured out a way around it, somehow. If not, that's kinda bad. Still, if push comes to shove, we can give the Vulcan Phalanx a shot.

Also, we must take into account two more facts in support of Iron Dome.

The first is that conducting an operation in Gaza in order to stop the rockets is also very expensive, as the three weeks of Operation Cast Lead cost several billion shekels (I'm not sure exactly how many, but it's at least 5 billion). As a general note, a shekel is approximately 1/4 of a dollar.

The second thing is that firing a rocket at Israel is already dangerous for the person who fires it, as a fighter jet or two are sure to follow very swiftly, and even if the terrorist flees quickly enough, the launcher itself is pretty much done for (I can't be bothered to find the article on the IDF's site, but basically we have some kind of thing that tracks the rocket launcher by the trail the rocket leaves). Now, add to this risk, the thought that the rocket will almost surely be destroyed mid-flight and not even hit, and you greatly discourage these terrorists from firing. From a terrorist's point of view, why bother? He has a good chance of getting killed, while his chance of harming Israel is close to nothing. Now, I know all too well that these guys are crazy fanatics, but I have my doubts about them being willing to die just to cost Israel money.

Last edited:
i don't think its so simple ice http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/956859.html
we will run out of money before hamas runs out of rockets :<

The money issue

An examination of the economic aspect also casts grave doubts on the decision to choose Iron Dome. The cost of each intercept missile will probably be about $100,000. (Rafael claims the cost of a missile will be about $40,000, but given the cost of similar missiles, that does not seem reasonable.) In contrast, the cost of making a Qassam rocket is well under $100,000. So, if the Palestinians produce thousands of Qassams, the Israeli defense establishment will have to respond by manufacturing thousands of Iron Dome missiles, at a prohibitive cost of hundreds of millions of shekels. On the assumption that this information is known to everyone involved, it must be asked, again, how it came about that Iron Dome was chosen as the preferred solution to the Qassam rockets while other options were vehemently rejected.
I think the iron drone aims only to the Qassams that going to hit the citys.

Back