Case scenario for South Korea actually attacking North Korea

--
Boots

February 5th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Topic: Case scenario for South Korea actually attacking North Korea

Okay want to hear how this *could* happen?

North Korea sells nukes or biological weapons to terrorist groups. Then the war's going to be on. The US will start operations against the North Koreans and the South Koreans will be obliged to follow due to the mutual defense pact.

However, North Korea knows this. So I highly doubt they're going to be selling nuke material to terrorists. To Americans, if the North Koreans sell a nuke to terrorists, that means a nuclear weapon will go off in a major American city. There won't be much left of North Korea after that. And we'd be right to go in and destroy them.

So there's probably the only scenario where South Korea would charge up North.
February 5th, 2005  
Sexybeast

a tough war that gonna be..

north got lots of tunnels and bunkers...left by PLA in 50s and constructed by themselves later...
February 5th, 2005  
A Can of Man

That's okay.
All we got to do is take control of the country that's above ground.
--
Boots
February 5th, 2005  
Sexybeast

i think north koreans will welcome the LIberation.....they suffer too much....they can only eat candy in Kim's birthday (a holiday)....
February 5th, 2005  
A Can of Man

We don't know that.
As I said, the human brain is almost infinately programmable. We don't know what to expect when mass contact with North Koreans ever happens in any shape or form.
February 6th, 2005  
Sexybeast

do u think CHina will help North when South attacks?
February 6th, 2005  
A Can of Man

That's the big "if" isn't it?
Also in the case where North Korea collapses in itself and leaves a power vacuum. What happens then? Will China go in to try to restore North Korea? Will South Korea immediately try to fill the vacuum by forcing a "peaceful re-unification?"
South Korean intervention is almost guaranteed. Chinese intervention.... now that's how it could get messy.
I say this is a very real scenario in which a major war can break out.
But I'm sure you have your own theories on what China will do.

But this is about the scenario where South Korea would invade North Korea.
I didn't add the above scenario as an "invasion" scenario... I probably should have. If North Korea falls, South Korean troops may race up North to secure the country.
February 6th, 2005  
Sexybeast

according to Vancouver SUn news paper....someone took a picture with cellphone near Yalu River, the pic shows that a PLA division is practising builiding a bridge to go to North korea...

that can only show two things:
1. China is ready to go into Korea again
2.China knows how to take care of North Korea if Kim's regime collapse
February 6th, 2005  
A Can of Man

It's what a lot of experts seem to fear.
If China enters the fray, South Korea will have to rush up to at least claim Pyongyang. Expect China to top a lot of people's sh1t list. Diplomatically, it will be disaster for China. What happens when the Chinese and South Korean forces meet is anyone's guess.
But this isn't the thread for China's entering into Korea. That was discussed earlier in another thread.
So I've given the two more likely scenarios.
February 6th, 2005  
Sexybeast

it will take South lots of energy to cross the minefield and tunnels and bunkers and North korean armies, militias to finally reach Norht's capital..

china, on the other hand, will enter to help north, or attacking with not much obstecles...(north didn't build tunnels and bunkers to fight chinese )