In case you didn't notice...

Damien

I've been gone for the past week. This is because I was away at AFJROTC Leadership Summer Camp. I was informed by one of the instructors that the camp, logistics-wise, rivals US Military logistics operations.

Here's a summary of my last 5 or 6 days...

Sunday-

Woke up at 0600, drove 13 miles to the meeting point for the camp.
Took a bus to a town 50 miles out of Anchorage(about halfway between there and the camp site), where we ate USAF provided box-lunches.
One of the more boring days, can't say much happened.

Monday-

Woke at 0515, prepared for the day ahead. At 0600, Reveille sounded and we reported to the flag pole for the morning flag-raising. After flag-raising, we did our morning PT, then did personal hygiene and ate breakfast. The day was filled with marching and double-timing. Not much to talk about. Lunch was simple MRE's.... cold. Not bad, I'd have to say. Retrieval of the flag was at 2130. Lights out at 2200.

I've got to go right now, I'll post more later, it actually gets more interesting.

Hm, those two days didn's sound too exciting..

I hope you id get some more "action" the rest of the week... :D

Tuesday-

Same as monday... morning PT, followed by hygiene and breakfast. Then, mah best buddy ever, the local Marine recruiter showed up. The group went through a land-nav class, then went out in the "wilderness" to make our way through several paths. Myself and my partner, the female version of me, finished our first course easily. Of course, she was "Madam Pyro" for the camp, so we had to leave early and go start the cooking fire... a big fire in 80 DEGREE WEATHER. Anyways, we hung out talking about any crap that came to mind for about an hour before the rest of the group came back. At that point, we fell in for pre-dinner briefing. During the briefing, Major Dove(the instructor) called a certain cadet front and center, where he swore her into the Marine Corps. Sar'nt Kidd(the recruiter) presented her with some sort of certificate, I didn't see it. Anyways, myself and Madam Pyro made a pact to enlist on my 17th birthday, since hers is the day before. Not much happened that day, other than a bit of daily smoking from one of our instructors. That night, I had firewatch. There's the biggest yawn-fest this side of the border. I had to patrol with one buddy for 1.5 hours and watch for brush fires and bears. 'twas beyond cold, past midnight, and my flashlight sucked more that Monica Lewinski(no offense). On one pass, I heard one of the cadets snoring. I just about screamed because it was right behind me and I thought it was a bear. I finally got done, laid down in my tent and heard a loud snore/growl sound. I didn't sleep all that well.

I'll type more tomorrow, it's too damn late.

Back